The BF Plume Veil Thread

Haha...too late I'm afraid. Used it all up. Have to make a new batch soon. Had to start using my awesome juices that I bought at the meet ;)

Just write the next recipe down so we can steal some from you :p

So a strange thing happened yesterday. I had my rm2 on my grand all day yesterday and when i arrived home i felt like swapping it out for the PV. To my horror, the PV wouldnt screw in all the way :(

I know some guys have had this problem with their reos, but what i dont understand is why was there no issue with it before last night? Why would it suddenly not fit?

So a strange thing happened yesterday. I had my rm2 on my grand all day yesterday and when i arrived home i felt like swapping it out for the PV. To my horror, the PV wouldnt screw in all the way :(

I know some guys have had this problem with their reos, but what i dont understand is why was there no issue with it before last night? Why would it suddenly not fit?

That's interesting, how far down can you screw it? or not at all?

My bottom fed Plume Veil and Magmas fit into my LP/SL REO no problem... but I just rigged up my new Atomic with a dual coil but it doesn't want to go into the REO... there is no way I'm gonna touch the REO... well not until I get my new SL's as back up!

Same here @Rob Fisher

So strange, the BF Atomic I got at the Vape meet fits onto the one Reo, but not on the other Reo?

And I got the Two LP Reo's on the same time, (Those you did the group buy for in June) so I presume it should have been from the same batch of Reos.

Think that's what happened with the BF Magma as well, because I used it on the one Reo without any issues and when I changed it over to the other Reo I had the short where the Reo's spring collapsed.

Same here @Rob Fisher

So strange, the BF Atomic I got at the Vape meet fits onto the one Reo, but not on the other Reo?

And I got the Two LP Reo's on the same time, (Those you did the group buy for in June) so I presume it should have been from the same batch of Reos.

It was actually my first SL... I'll hang on till my new SL's arrive and then give them a bit of force... I have tried screwing them into everything else and no problem... just the REO doesn't like it.

My bottom fed Plume Veil and Magmas fit into my LP/SL REO no problem... but I just rigged up my new Atomic with a dual coil but it doesn't want to go into the REO... there is no way I'm gonna touch the REO... well not until I get my new SL's as back up!

What i find odd though is that the previous day it went on without issues and the next day it wouldnt. This is on the very same reo.

According to Rob from Reosmods, he told me that the tolerances are very high on the 510 threading with the newer Reo's, which is why I had a problem with my newer Reo Grand, and not with my older mini which has a lower tolerance threading. It's an easy fix though if you have a bottoming tap
bottomtap.jpg
or simply just forcing the threads with atomizer.

Bizarre that it would work one day and not the next @Yiannaki, could be the thread on the Plume Veil got damaged somehow. I'll take a look when you come get your atty in the current work queue?

Bizarre that it would work one day and not the next @Yiannaki, could be the thread on the Plume Veil got damaged somehow. I'll take a look when you come get your atty in the current work queue?
Thank you @JakesSA

I will most definitely bring it along with me next time I see u.

I'm sure that BF queue is fast growing longer and longer :rock:

which is why i unfortunately discovered that even though modding the plume veil for bottom feeding is pretty easy, checking to see if it screws onto the reo properly first would have been a better idea :(
IMG-2015020.jpg

but hey, at least it works ;)

So I got a brand new plume veil, haven't opened or tried it yet. Would it be worth looking at to get bf conversion done?

If so, who does such work? I'm in Gauteng.

Also, how does it compare to the trident, rm2 and Odin?

Thanks chaps

So I got a brand new plume veil, haven't opened or tried it yet. Would it be worth looking at to get bf conversion done?

Thanks chaps
I was not impressed with the bf plume veil. Much prefer the Odin.

Thanks chaps

I have no experience with the Plume Veil, but @JakesSA (at Vape Club) does BF modding - not sure how much he charges for it since I've only ever purchased ones they had in stock which were already done :)

Thanks chaps

Have to agreed with @Andre

I was not a huge fan of the bf plumeveil.
The RM2 is better suited for mouth to lung vaping so can't really compare the two.

But with regard to the Odin vs the Plumeveil. It's hands down the Odin. Still one of the best bf drippers to date.

Have to agreed with @Andre

I was not a huge fan of the bf plumeveil.
The RM2 is better suited for mouth to lung vaping so can't really compare the two.

But with regard to the Odin vs the Plumeveil. It's hands down the Odin. Still one of the best bf drippers to date.

I agree about the plumeveil.

Back