The Cyclone Thread

You are getting both! Two decks (one not BF) and then one of each of the caps... Cyclone and Cyclops (which is the AFC version) and one Fusion Drip tip. Decks are interchangeable between caps.

Rob maby you should become the agent for VA!! lol anyways thanks for this you have really made my week!

Rob maby you should become the agent for VA!! lol anyways thanks for this you have really made my week!

@paulph201 I have been tempted and then I think of the profit margins and hassles and then I give up the idea... I'll just do non-profit group buys and stay well away from being a vendor.

Plus at the rate vaping is developing one has to be really careful of not getting stuck with stock that doesn't sell... and while Cyclones are the flavour of the month that could change in a heartbeat.

That being said I may have some RM2's for sale real soon! ;-)

@Rob Fisher looks like you have one fitted on a Std Reo? I was under the impression they only fit LP's?

You guys that have these cyclones, please give me a list of pros and cons. Looking at what I have read here so far, it looks amazing! Dof question though, non ceramic base?

You guys that have these cyclones, please give me a list of pros and cons. Looking at what I have read here so far, it looks amazing! Dof question though, non ceramic base?

Firstly they really LOOK awesome!
The flavour for me anyway is just outstanding.
One of the biggest pluses for me is the pull off cap... making changing the wick really easy.... I don't like the twist off cap of the RM2 because the rayon or cotton wick moves... ya I know not a biggie but this is a pro for me.

I still think the flavour of the small chamber of the Cyclone is tops!

Oh and every decent drip tip fits perfectly with no wobble which is a pet hate of mine!

i think for me the best thing is i can run a 1.6mm air hole and still keep all the flavour and get a great draw!

No, it does not have a ceramic base. All stainless steel. I use mine with the AFC and dual coils - so can only comment on that.
  • The coils placement position is very natural in relation to the posts and is aligned with the air slots, which is forward. This makes coiling much easier as you do not have to bend the legs to center the coils. The forward air slots is perfect for a Reo as you get that air slots positioning for gurgle free vaping done much easier.
  • It has a very small chamber making for better flavour. Even with the AFC fully open.
  • It is a small atty, even with AFC, and looks great on a Reo - also being curvy!
  • Air flow can be adjusted to your liking. The AFC even caters for single coils.
  • Post holes for coil legs, no need to fiddle fastening around screw heads.
  • The AFC/cap can sometimes be a bit tight and difficult to wriggle loose. Don't know about the new ones yet.
  • Did I mention that it is one of the most beautiful atomizers around, you can even get the AFC in various colours nowadays.

Yes plus everything @Andre said too!

I forgot about the ease of lining up the airhole with the coil! That's the MOST important of all! :eek:

There will no doubt be a lot more discussion on Cyclones and AFC's from today with the imminent delivery by courier this morning!

I have a number of Cyclones with different sized air holes... I think they have changed the size of the hole between the original and new one... I think the new one's hole is a little smaller than the original... Wow the hole sizes make a huge difference and some of them are too small for my liking and will have to get a mate to open them slightly.

My sweet spot is on the SL/LP in the middle. Looking at the 18490 Woodvil you can see how small the new hole is.
View attachment 10064

Here are the extremes... the one on the third right is for lung hits no question.

View attachment 10065

The Cyclops (AFC) is wasted on me right now because I almost close the airflow completely on it... but I will build a dual coil for a couple of them and give it a go.

One thing I have realised is that sweet spots change and before I liked a tight airflow and that is changing slowly.

Looking forward to the Cyclone thread getting a little busier from today! :rock:

ive done some homework on the cyclone and all in all it looks awesome.
the responses from the guys here also jst reaffirms that it is all that and more.
its a definite on my list. just need to scrape the odds together and see what they amount to...
@Rob Fisher your babies look stunning all dressed up

More Vicious Ant info...

There are some coloured Cyclops's available from time to time... hard to get but beautiful! You will see from the deck that's it's concave as opposed to flat with a lip... this is a version one! Version one also needs a hex key (or allen key) to unscrew the post screws.

cyclone1.jpg

The new 2014 version has a flat deck and a lip. From left to right... 2014 deck, Cyclone, Cyclops and Fusion Drip tip. The 2104 version also has philips screws in the posts.

VA 002.JPG

Last edited:
Back