The Reomiser 2

7 minutes of standing by....should not take this long:D, but then coil building has a habit of bringing on down to earth sometimes.
EDIT: Maybe it is in the Reomizer thread in Reoville where it should be?

OK 1,02 Ohms which is the lowest one I have made so far... 6 turns (or coils).. the throat hit seem stronger but the flavour is less? My best result for me so far was my first coil that was 7 turns and slightly more cotton. This one is still way better than the last one I made but there is room for improvement here... Suggestions? More turns? If I'm not mistaken my first coil I made was 1,6 Ohms.

CoilTime 006.JPG CoilTime 008.JPG

7 minutes of standing by....should not take this long:D, but then coil building has a habit of bringing on down to earth sometimes.
EDIT: Maybe it is in the Reomizer thread in Reoville where it should be?

Less pressure here please... in addition to everything that was done the eyesight it not that great (thanks heavens for the lighted magnifying glass thingy) and I had to study my original one which was now a little brittle...

The vape is improving as time goes on but is not up to the level of my first one for sure.

By looking at the flavours you prefer I suggest you ad more turns. I assume you will find a sweet spot between 1.2 and 1.5 Ohms Rob

I aint a reo expert (don't own one yet sadly) but try to bring the coil more to the center of the posts, could just be my OCD but that looks a bit too close to the right (negative??) post and can cause issues when repositioning the coil.

Just my 2c

I aint a reo expert (don't own one yet sadly) but try to bring the coil more to the center of the posts, could just be my OCD but that looks a bit too close to the right (negative??) post and can cause issues when repositioning the coil.

Thanks @BhavZ! My theory behind that was to leave the hole clear for the fluid to flow... but now you mention it my first coil was dead centre! Thanks!

Yip, I agree with @BhavZ, the left hand side or the coil should be on the edge of the juice hole or there abouts. A very neat coil if I may say so. Maybe less cotton on the left tail - let it just rest on the middle of the deck or tucked in behind the left post, whichever position works best for you.

OK I rebuilt my coil again... this time I used 8 turns to make the coil but it only came out at 1,15 Ohms... I wonder how I got 1,4 Ohms the other day with the same build? I also made a better wick and the coil was central... let's take a vape... much better than the last one but still not in the zone... I'll try again in the morning and try 9 or 10 turns...

Coil time 003.JPG Coil time 005.JPG

Looks pretty spot on to me Rob

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Looks pretty spot on to me Rob

The flavour is a lot better than the last one but not in the zone yet... maybe I was just lucky with my first coil... will give it another go... plus I'll have another dripper to play with tomorrow! ;)

OK I rebuilt my coil again... this time I used 8 turns to make the coil but it only came out at 1,15 Ohms... I wonder how I got 1,4 Ohms the other day with the same build? I also made a better wick and the coil was central... let's take a vape... much better than the last one but still not in the zone... I'll try again in the morning and try 9 or 10 turns...

View attachment 3617 View attachment 3618
Remember the leg length has an effect on the resistance as well.

If wanna PM me your email address I can try and send you a free app that helps with all the calculations you need from ID, to gauge to leg length which would give you a more accurate reading on your ohms when building.

Rob just popped you an email, if you have any issues just shoot me a post

Hi Rob

I also dont have the Reomiser but i believe the coil position behaves similarly to the IGO-L

For the iGO-L, the maximum flavour is reached if the coil is as close to the edge of the cup as possible and directly in line with the airhole when the cap is put on.

For more throat hit, you move it higher and to the center. Moving it higher only - preserves some flavour. Moving it higher and more to the center maximises throat hit.

I am sure other Reonauts will be able to confirm this

So basically, there are two variables here regarding coil position. 1) how close to the edge or centre i.e. Horizontal movement and 2) how high i.e. Vertical movement. If you play with those two variables you should find something that works.

Just remember where exactly the airhole is on the Reomiser when youve screwed the cap down. The coil needs to be close to the airhole. @Matthee gave me good advice on the iGOL. He said start with the coil as close to the edge and in line with the airhole. At max flavour. Then adjust the coil up or down to adjust throat hit. My setup is higher up. Working well for me.

10 Wraps... 1,24 Ohms so much better! Coil more centre, legs shorter. Thanks for all the help guys... I'm starting to get this..

Coil10 003.JPG Coil10 004.JPG

Rob closer to the edge will give you more flavor something like this
yme4yze2.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

I think its about time I join Reoville just waiting for one to become available.

Back