Update to the SAPO strike (Important Warning)

http://www.cbn.co.za/component/k2/item/2339-no-work-no-pay-says-sapo

Looks like SAPO is still paying (or at least gonna try to) everyone this month, but that next month's salary role will not pay illegal strikers.

In-case you were unaware, the current SAPO strike is not a legal strike...

So, I'm thinking... they start replacing striking workers at end Nov, full staff by end of December, maybe normal operations after clearing backlogs by end January?
Who the F knows... but it sure isn't pretty!

Was any strike ever legal? If you don't work, you don't eat, as simple as that.

well for it seems the tracking site is offline. Cannot track to see where my package is :-(

Probably only DHL Express that does not go via our post office. Could be expensive - let us know please.
I spoke to fasttech. Because I have a device with a battery in, they replied that they won't be able to send it via DHL Express :(
I guess I will have to put my faith in SAPO *cries*

So i see people getting there post but what i would like to know if anyone in the jhb area has gotten there? I dont see any movement on mine and i have 11 packages and im starting to think its only jhb/dbn thats getting their?

So i see people getting there post but what i would like to know if anyone in the jhb area has gotten there? I dont see any movement on mine and i have 11 packages and im starting to think its only jhb/dbn thats getting their?

It seems that there's no real movement yet at the Johannesburg and Pretoria hubs.

I finally got through to the Jhb International Mail center. The guy mentioned my parcel has not been scanned in yet at Customs. He says they are striking or were striking and have a massive back log. It will still be sometime before certain parcels will be scanned.

To my surprise, I decided to chekk my tracking number for old times sake... Turns out my package finally arrived!:party:

I hope the same for all who have packages outstanding!

Good news: Some mail finally got delivered to the house

Bad news: No slips from the post office were in that mail :( sigh!

Is there any way to get an international tracking number converted online? Or is it a case that you /have/ to phone? I really don't wanna waste my time phoning...

Back