Calling all DIY'ers

I wish to pick the experts thinking matter - In your own opinion, which Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is the best? Most authentic?

I wish to pick the experts thinking matter - In your own opinion, which Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is the best? Most authentic?

Here are my notes on the two I've tried:

TFA: A genuine vanilla ice-cream with fresh vanilla pod. Slightly grainy texture as if it had real vanilla in it. Medium mouth feel. Rich pure dairy ice-cream as opposed to the artificial ice-cream one gets. More like a higher end premium ice-cream.

FW: Sweeter than TFA VBIC. More like a vanilla essence than a natural vanilla pod. Vanilla ice-cream with a vanilla syrup instead of vanilla in the ice-cream.

TFA: A genuine vanilla ice-cream with fresh vanilla pod. Slightly grainy texture as if it had real vanilla in it. Medium mouth feel. Rich pure dairy ice-cream as opposed to the artificial ice-cream one gets. More like a higher end premium ice-cream.

FA: Sweeter than TFA VBIC. More like a vanilla essence than a natural vanilla pod. Vanilla ice-cream with a vanilla syrup instead of vanilla in the ice-cream.
I did not even know FA had a VBIC.

If the TFA works for you it is the best one hands down but I pick up funky notes in it. On occacion peppery notes and on occasion it tastes as though it's turned, so CAP all the way for me.

FW: Sweeter than TFA VBIC. More like a vanilla essence than a natural vanilla pod. Vanilla ice-cream with a vanilla syrup instead of vanilla in the ice-cream.
Thanks @Glytch , I'm gonna play with both

None of them are "authentic" imo - but they are all extremely good & useful creams - my preference in order is TFA / CAP / FW

Mixed up some Cuprian last night and it's tasting damn fine.

Profile is essentially a strong mint and chocolate ice cream. The INW Milk Chocolate and FW Creme de Menthe are balanced really well. The mint is more prominent which I like in a Choc Mint Ice Cream. Also a nice cool vape like an ice cream should be (no koolada needed... the creme de menthe does it all).

It is too sweet for my taste though. While Wayne is right that it does help the chocolate I think it could do with half the recommended sweetener.

This is my first chocolate recipe and it really is a great natural milk chocolate flavour. Not bitter and coacoa-like.

I'm definitely going to tweak it too my taste but it's a winner in my book.

Profile is essentially a strong mint and chocolate ice cream. The INW Milk Chocolate and FW Creme de Menthe are balanced really well. The mint is more prominent which I like in a Choc Mint Ice Cream. Also a nice cool vape like an ice cream should be (no koolada needed... the creme de menthe does it all).

It is too sweet for my taste though. While Wayne is right that it does help the chocolate I think it could do with half the recommended sweetener.

This is my first chocolate recipe and it really is a great natural milk chocolate flavour. Not bitter and coacoa-like.

I believe the Chocolate comes out more after 2 weeks.

Great news Just ordered the missing ones from BLCK @Richio As soon as I get it I'm trying this one:)

HI Guys, So I have a list of concentrates for my next purchase and after the math, I saw I had some cash left over of my 'E-liquid DIY' budget and can basically get another two concentrates. Seeing that I will have TFA marshmallow, CAP sweet cream and TFA vanilla bean ice cream left after my strawvana mix, how do you guys rate this simple recipe:

TFA RY4 Double – 10%
TFA Bavarian Cream – 8%
TFA Marshmallow – 4%

I just basically want to buy two extra concentrates and make a recipe with what I have left so that I can sample something new.

HI Guys, So I have a list of concentrates for my next purchase and after the math, I saw I had some cash left over of my 'E-liquid DIY' budget and can basically get another two concentrates. Seeing that I will have TFA marshmallow, CAP sweet cream and TFA vanilla bean ice cream left after my strawvana mix, how do you guys rate this simple recipe:

TFA RY4 Double – 10%
TFA Bavarian Cream – 8%
TFA Marshmallow – 4%

I just basically want to buy two extra concentrates and make a recipe with what I have left so that I can sample something new.

Oh and with the strawvana mix, whats the steep time and any tips when making this? Ill be using the recipe posted by mike

TFA RY4 Double – 10%
TFA Bavarian Cream – 8%
TFA Marshmallow – 4%

Maybe have a go at this tried and trusted and extremely popular recipe?

Another possibility is Custard King.

Your recipe sounds very heavy, @Imtiaaz. 22% flavouring is very high. Even Custard King is high. Look at the percentages used in the mix that Andre linked. That is more in line with current trends in mixing. @method1 talked about this in his live show the other night. A lot of older recipes come from a time when people thought that TFA and FW flavours were weak and you had to load up on them. I get nervous any time I see a flavour being used at double-digit percentages. In all his recipes, Enyawreklaw doesn't have any flavour at more than 7%. And even that is a rarity.

Another possibility is Custard King.

Your recipe sounds very heavy, @Imtiaaz. 22% flavouring is very high. Even Custard King is high. Look at the percentages used in the mix that Andre linked. That is more in line with current trends in mixing. @method1 talked about this in his live show the other night. A lot of older recipes come from a time when people thought that TFA and FW flavours were weak and you had to load up on them. I get nervous any time I see a flavour being used at double-digit percentages. In all his recipes, Enyawreklaw doesn't have any flavour at more than 7%. And even that is a rarity.

WOW thanks for the info @RichJB, and I have decided against the striptease recipe I asked about above, My next mixes will comprise of:

Bronuts (I Know what went wrong)
Strawvana
Funfetti

two of my cousins will be join in on the mixing journey next month. They will also be mixing some juice with the intention of us swopping the different flavors and hence trying to cover as much ground as possible concerning trying out different mixes.

@Imtiaaz there is TFA Berry Crunch. Never had the FLV crunch Cereal so can't comment on flavour profile.

What sort of flavour profile are you after?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Imtiaaz there is TFA Berry Crunch. Never had the FLV crunch Cereal so can't comment on flavour profile.

What sort of flavour profile are you after?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well its to go into this Fried ice cream recipe:

Crunch Cereal (FLV) 3%
Sugar Cookie V2 (CAP) 3%
Ripe Stawberry (TFA) 3%
Vanilla Custard (CAP) 2%
Meringue (FA) 1%
Marshmallow (FA) 1%
Bavarian Cream (TFA) 1%

I have found the FLV one though.

Came across this:

http://charlienoble.com/blogs/thoughts-from-charlie/pb-cereal-its-time-to-release-the-recipe

I find the use of saline particularly interesting. Some good notes in there as well. I've been looking a good peanut butter recipe for some time. Will try this out soon enough

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'll just leave this for you @Caveman, MR peanut butter is a winner. I've tried the lady, groolberry creamcake, Charlie's unicorn and mr peanut butter. They are all Yum, the lady and groolberry creamcake have found permanent positions in my rotation already.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/4ol2j3/does_anybody_know_where_i_can_find_a_clone_of/

Well its to go into this Fried ice cream recipe:

Crunch Cereal (FLV) 3%
Sugar Cookie V2 (CAP) 3%
Ripe Stawberry (TFA) 3%
Vanilla Custard (CAP) 2%
Meringue (FA) 1%
Marshmallow (FA) 1%
Bavarian Cream (TFA) 1%

I have found the FLV one though.

I have mixed this up and that FLV Crunch Cereal is a very odd flavour, also quite overwhelming. Some days I like it and some days I hate it but I keep mixing it up for some reason but not my any means my go to juice. If you do mix this up I have found after 4 weeks it settles down.

Next time I mix it up I will drop the FLV Crunch Cereal % to 2% and up TFA Straw Ripe by 1%.

Back