Calling all DIY'ers

I have mixed this up and that FLV Crunch Cereal is a very odd flavour, also quite overwhelming. Some days I like it and some days I hate it but I keep mixing it up for some reason but not my any means my go to juice. If you do mix this up I have found after 4 weeks it settles down.

Next time I mix it up I will drop the FLV Crunch Cereal % to 2% and up TFA Straw Ripe by 1%.

Thank you so much for this tip, I really appreciate it @Dane. So what are your go to juices? If it wasn't for the Harshness of this damn bronuts I would have loved to make this one of my ADV's.

I'll just leave this for you @Caveman, MR peanut butter is a winner. I've tried the lady, groolberry creamcake, Charlie's unicorn and mr peanut butter. They are all Yum, the lady and groolberry creamcake have found permanent positions in my rotation already.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/4ol2j3/does_anybody_know_where_i_can_find_a_clone_of/

Fully agree. Really great juice line this.

I will make my way through all his recipes, as so far they are some of my favourite.

Came across this:

http://charlienoble.com/blogs/thoughts-from-charlie/pb-cereal-its-time-to-release-the-recipe

I find the use of saline particularly interesting. Some good notes in there as well. I've been looking a good peanut butter recipe for some time. Will try this out soon enough

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Wow, Saline Solution :eek:

Bloody hell, do you know how many times I have been missing a certain something in a recipe... and at that stage, when cooking, I would season the food at exactly that stage, because as he says, that is usually the missing magic maker.

I never thought of it applying for eliquid recipes. But it totally makes sense.

Thank you so much for this tip, I really appreciate it @Dane. So what are your go to juices? If it wasn't for the Harshness of this damn bronuts I would have loved to make this one of my ADV's.

Quite a few at this stage, but mostly the recipes from DIYorDIE. All of the following I make bigger (100ml) batches of and obviously sub Sugar cookie for v2 where applicable due to unavailability of v1:
- Cereal Marshmallow Strawberry Milk (+3 weeks steep)
- Pistachio RY4-U (+5 weeks steep)
- Funfetti (2 - 3 weeks steep)
- Triple Cs (+3 weeks steep)
- Top of New York (Shake and Vape)
- Cuprian (Good as a shake and vape but prefer after a few days)
- Strawvana by Mike (1 week steep)
- Rhodonite (Shake and Vape)

These for me are all smooth, no harshness and delicious.

Quite a few at this stage, but mostly the recipes from DIYorDIE. All of the following I make bigger (100ml) batches of and obviously sub Sugar cookie for v2 where applicable due to unavailability of v1:
- Cereal Marshmallow Strawberry Milk (+3 weeks steep)
- Pistachio RY4-U (+5 weeks steep)
- Funfetti (2 - 3 weeks steep)
- Triple Cs (+3 weeks steep)
- Top of New York (Shake and Vape)
- Cuprian (Good as a shake and vape but prefer after a few days)
- Strawvana by Mike (1 week steep)
- Rhodonite (Shake and Vape)

These for me are all smooth, no harshness and delicious.

Thank you @Dane, I will look into those, seems we have similar taste in juice types. I am planning to mix some funfetti and strawvana next week so good start I guess.

Fully agree. Really great juice line this.

I will make my way through all his recipes, as so far they are some of my favourite.
Same peeps that has the Peach Cobbler recipe? Tried it, not my taste at all - too heavy bakery I think.
The Mistress and The Imp look interesting.

Same peeps that has the Peach Cobbler recipe? Tried it, not my taste at all - too heavy bakery I think.
The Mistress and The Imp look interesting.
Yip thats them.

Slim Mint also good and I have The Imp on my to-do list

Groolberry is the only Cheesecake Ive had that I actually like. But def for dessert and bakery fans

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ok so this weekend i mixed Grape Candi, Kiwi Fruit and Sweet Strawbery and some dragon fruit and must say im loving it. The taste is very similar to that of NVC Trinity but obviously not exact. I made a 50ml which im steeping now for a week or two but im liking it alot! Gives you that tropical fruity smooth flavor.

Ok so this weekend i mixed Grape Candi, Kiwi Fruit and Sweet Strawbery and some dragon fruit and must say im loving it. The taste is very similar to that of NVC Trinity but obviously not exact. I made a 50ml which im steeping now for a week or two but im liking it alot! Gives you that tropical fruity smooth flavor.

Where did you get the grape candy? Ive been trying to make trinity for a while now and each time i get a very strong kiwi/ grape flavour which is over-poweringly strong and doesnt taste or smell at all like trinity.

Does anyone have a good apple crumble recipe? I've seen a few with CAP Sugar Cookie but it's on the no-fly list (although Blck as v2 and Flavour Mill might bring some in). Something without CAP Sugar Cookie would be useful for now though.

Thanks in advance.

i got grape candi from Atomix vape and is TFA.

Look the actual trinity uses white grape which i could not get at Atomix so i just used purple grape candi.

I dont want to clone the Trinity, i just wanted something similar as im a big Grape fan and used to just make a single base grape flavor which is nice and still make but with some dragon fruit and is great ADV and fruity.

@Stompie ZA - thank you for that. ive heard that white grape by FA is a better option as I read somewhere that thats what they use but im yet to be able to get it anywhere.

If anyone has Grape concord Concentate (FA) they can try that one, im ordering some to give it a try myself.

Yeah ill probably have to order White grape online from Blck vapour or so but pretty happy with the current flavor.

Hi there to all DIY'ers

On Monday 31 October I am taking the DIY leap.

I have done tons of reading on this thread and registered on e-liquid-recipes dot com. I have a fairly good idea of what to do. I only buy from Sir Vape. I am staring at their list of 110 Concentrates. My question is this: I want to choose 20 Concentrates. Which ones should I choose to have a broad range of the more popular recipes? I intend buying additives 2,3, and 4. If anyone else uses Sir Vapes concentrates please advise me.

Much appreciated in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there to all DIY'ers

I have done tons of reading on this thread and registered on e-liquid-recipes dot com. I have a fairly good idea of what to do. I only buy from Sir Vape. I am staring at their list of 110 Concentrates. My question is this: I want to choose 20 Concentrates. Which ones should I choose to have a broad range of the more popular recipes? I intend buying additives 2,3, and 4. If anyone else uses Sir Vapes concentrates please advise me.

Take a look [URL=http://www.ecigssa.co.za/list-of-top-concentrate-flavours.t30223/]HERE The guys have put up a few nice lists of whats popular. Although you might want to look at some online stores as Sir Vape only stocks TFA concentrates and if your only buying from them their your limiting the recipes you can make.[/URL]

Hi there to all DIY'ers

As @Greyz mentioned, you might be limited by only TFA flavours. Most of the popular recipes use flavours from a variety of different companies.

Welcome to the rabbit hole @Waine.

Check out this post from @RichJB, he created a pretty solid list:
This isn't a list of the top concentrates as I don't have enough experience to judge that. However, it's a list of popular flavours that new mixers probably need if they wish to make many top recipes or create their own. If I was starting out DIY again, these are the flavours I'd get first.

Creams and Custards:
Cap Vanilla Custard v1
TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (Cap sub)
TFA Vanilla Swirl
TFA Bavarian Cream
FA Vienna Cream
FA Cream Fresh
FW Sweet Cream (TFA sub)
FA Meringue (TFA sub)
FA Marshmallow (TFA or Cap sub)

Bakery bases:
Cap Sugar Cookie v2 (v1 if you can find it)
Cap Cinnamon Danish Swirl
Cap NYC Cheesecake
TFA Cheesecake with Graham Crust
TFA Graham Cracker (Clear) (FW sub)
Inw Biscuit
FA Cookie
FW Yellow Cake

Base additives:
Acetyl Pyrazine
Ethyl Maltol
Erythritol or TFA Sweetener

Fruits:
TFA Strawberry and Strawberry Ripe
Cap Sweet Strawberry
Inw Raspberry
For almost everything else, FA's fruits are the safest

Drink bases:
FA Lemon Sicily
LA Lemonade
FA Brandy
TFA Kentucky Bourbon
FA Jamaica Rum
TFA Energy Drink
FA Dark Bean Espresso
FA UP (Wayne's favourite coffee)

Chocolates:
Inw Milk Chocolate
FA Cocoa & Chocolate
TFA Double Chocolate (clear)

Caramel and Butterscotch:
FA Carmel
FW Butterscotch
FW Butterscotch Ripple
TFA Caramel Classic

Nuts:
TFA Pistachio
FA Almond
FW or FA Hazelnut
FW Butter Pecan
FA Nut Mix
TFA Peanut Butter

Tobaccos:
Too many to mention but considering that FA's Burley, Virginia and Desert Ship are used very often in cigarette blends, those are probably three essentials to have.

Odds and ends:
Breakfast cereals - TFA seem to have the market on these
Spices - FA Cardamom, Clove, Cinnamon, Anise, etc.
Yogurts - Cap Creamy and Greek
Vanillas - FA's Classic/Bourbon/Tahiti and Cap French Vanilla

Also, Wayne Walker (ENYAWREKLAW of Diy or Die fame) created this video which is very useful:

Have fun!

@Waine, you are going to find it extremely limiting to buy from only Sir Vape and use only TFA flavours. There are almost no recipes which use only TFA flavours, the recipes tend to use an approximately equal mix of Flavour Art, TFA and Capella with slightly lower usage of Inawera and Flavor West. That said, if you are going to make your first purchase from Sir Vape, these are the twenty TFA flavours they stock which I would buy:

Vanilla Swirl
Vanilla Custard
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Sweet Cream
Meringue
Marshmallow
French Vanilla II
DX Bavarian Cream
DX Graham Cracker
Brown Sugar
Dulce de Leche
DX Cinnamon Danish
RY4 Double
Pistachio, Blueberry Extra, Dx Juicy Peach etc to take your fancy

The ones above the line are "base" flavours which are used to make the cream/custard/bakery/milkshake/whatever that the main flavour is on top of. The ones under the line are more the main flavours. Although those are a lot more subjective and subject to personal taste, I would definitely get both Strawberries, Dragonfruit and RY4 which are used in a LOT of recipes.

But don't overlook the ones above the line. Something like Vanilla Swirl or Brown Sugar might look very bleh and bland compared to, say, Green Apple or Passion Fruit or the other primary flavours. But it's the ones above the line that you'll be using over and over again.

Hi there to all DIY'ers

View my thread we started too http://www.ecigssa.co.za/index.php?threads/30223/

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I would suggest you first source the recipes you want to make and then decide on concentrates to buy. Unless you want to test each concentrate as standalone and make your own concoctions from there.

Yeah, going with recipes will work. The problem is that of the top beginner's recipes on ELR, only a handful can be made with only TFA - and of those, Sir Vape is missing one or more flavours from most recipes. There's really only three or four recipes he'd be able to make, and a couple of those are DX versions of the original recipe. @Waine, I would seriously rethink your policy of not buying online. With DIY, walk-in B&M purchases are very limited indeed. If you spent the same at BLCK, you'd be able to get FA, Cap, Inw, FW as well and would be able to make a bunch of really top recipes.

Back