Calling all DIY'ers

I second what @RichJB said - only using Sir Vape's line is going to limit you to such an extent that you're never really going to be able to DIY properly.

If you think about it - all Sir Vape has done is order the stuff online, increased the price, and put it on their shelves for you to buy. If they can order it online (and every other DIYer) then why not you too?

I second what @RichJB said - only using Sir Vape's line is going to limit you to such an extent that you're never really going to be able to DIY properly.

If you think about it - all Sir Vape has done is order the stuff online, increased the price, and put it on their shelves for you to buy. If they can order it online (and every other DIYer) then why not you too?

Come on @Waine. Order something online! DO IT!

Hi there to all DIY'ers

On Monday 31 October I am taking the DIY leap.

I have done tons of reading on this thread and registered on e-liquid-recipes dot com. I have a fairly good idea of what to do. I only buy from Sir Vape. I am staring at their list of 110 Concentrates. My question is this: I want to choose 20 Concentrates. Which ones should I choose to have a broad range of the more popular recipes? I intend buying additives 2,3, and 4. If anyone else uses Sir Vapes concentrates please advise me.

Much appreciated in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Waine..if you are going to make fruity flavour profiles do not use TFA...I used to use TFA fruits until I tried FA Fruits...FA is much more realistic IMO and you less than than TFA % so it spreads further

Soooooo i want to KICK my self!!!!

Been wondering why my DIY Juice tastes good but the flavor is always dull and doesnt stand our like bought juice. While reading up i found that i have been making my Juice with 60vg/40pg and it should be the other way around!!!! LOL noob mistake!

Cant wait to get home and make it the right way round to taste the difference.

Soooooo i want to KICK my self!!!!

Been wondering why my DIY Juice tastes good but the flavor is always dull and doesnt stand our like bought juice. While reading up i found that i have been making my Juice with 60vg/40pg and it should be the other way around!!!! LOL noob mistake!

Cant wait to get home and make it the right way round to taste the difference.

60vg/40pg sounds about right, I personally wouldn't go lower with the VG.

Edit. Guess it depends on the wattage and equipment you are using.

60vg/40pg sounds about right, I personally wouldn't go lower with the VG.

I used to start with 80vg/20pg but that didnt taste right. If it was 80 PG and 20 VG then im sure flavor would not have been an issue. LOL

Feel so stupid

60 VG is fine if you want more clouds? but i want flavor.

For example the Orion juices use 80 PG/ 20 VG as per their bottles. I had it the other way around which is why i assume my flavor is dull and not standing out?

60 VG is fine if you want more clouds? but i want flavor.

For example the Orion juices use 80 PG/ 20 VG as per their bottles. I had it the other way around which is why i assume my flavor is dull and not standing out?

I sure you have it mixed up this time. Orion is 20PG 80VG.

@StompieZA, 60PG 40VG is just going to give you very runny juice with massive throat hit. Wayne from DIYorDIE mixes at 60VG 40PG for himself. I don't think he's worried about the flavour he's losing. Even 20% PG will carry the flavour just fine. 70VG 30PG and 60VG 40PG are the industry standards. There are very few commercial mixers who don't work at those ratios. And of those who don't, the majority will go towards the VG rather than the PG side. There are a number of max VG mixers.

Ok lol so ive been doing it right then hahaha. Probably need to up my percentages a little and steep longer then

@Shooterbuddy, I know @Spydro is a max VG guy. I suspect there are quite a few more. I started mixing at 50/50 and didn't have any problems. I've since moved to 60/40 which works best for me. I'm fortunate in that I don't seem to have any PG or nic problems. I've always used the cheapest nic on the market and have never suffered from peppery taste or severe throat hit. So I count my blessings and roll with it.

@StompieZA, 60PG 40VG is just going to give you very runny juice with massive throat hit. Wayne from DIYorDIE mixes at 60VG 40PG for himself. I don't think he's worried about the flavour he's losing. Even 20% PG will carry the flavour just fine. 70VG 30PG and 60VG 40PG are the industry standards. There are very few commercial mixers who don't work at those ratios. And of those who don't, the majority will go towards the VG rather than the PG side. There are a number of max VG mixers.
I think it is an urban legend that high PG gives a massive throat hit. I actually tested this theory many moons ago. Same juice in 100 VG down to 20 VG. Throat hit stayed the same for me. Nicotine imo is the ingredient that provides the throat hit. And here and there the odd flavour concentrate.
Btw, I also mix at 60 VG, which for me is the perfect balance between the various factors.

I always mix max VG. Only PG in my juices are from the concentrates and Nic. Anyone else do the same?

sometimes but not by design. I have noticed that with the 36mg nic we get in this country, once you have added nic you are already at about 90/10. add 15 % flavoring and you have a 75/25 right off the bat. Some recipes can run at around 20% flavoring (Groolberry Creamcake is around 22.5) then you sit with a 70/30 without adding PG.

I end up using VERY little PG because of this and i usually try mix at 70/30

@Shooterbuddy, I know @Spydro is a max VG guy. I suspect there are quite a few more. I started mixing at 50/50 and didn't have any problems. I've since moved to 60/40 which works best for me. I'm fortunate in that I don't seem to have any PG or nic problems. I've always used the cheapest nic on the market and have never suffered from peppery taste or severe throat hit. So I count my blessings and roll with it.
For me I'm just lazy :) so not using pg is easier

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Ok lol so ive been doing it right then hahaha. Probably need to up my percentages a little and steep longer then

Thats your problem.

I find that alot of the DIY recipes you get are around 15% flavoring (Pistachio RY4 ~ 15.5%, mustard milk ~ 14%, Clapton Crunch 13.8%) where as the store recipes that have been released are around the 20% mark (Gordona Vapes Groolberry Creamcake ~ 22.8%, Gordona Vapes Mr Peanut Butter ~ 25%, Charlie Noble PB Cereal ~ 20%)

That can make a huge difference to the flavor in a recipe. This is by design though as a lot of DIYers make juice for their drippers with fused alien claptons and whatnot which throws flavor at you whereas the store juice is made for every device from the little AIO through the stock coil tanks all the way up.

Yeah im currently around 5% for base and then extras are around 2%. Most recipes i see use around these % so should i rather go up more?

If the TFA works for you it is the best one hands down but I pick up funky notes in it. On occacion peppery notes and on occasion it tastes as though it's turned, so CAP all the way for me.

Same here @Soutie I've tried TFA Vbic once and never again, smells and tastes like puke. Made 100mls of strawberry and Vbic, squirted it all down the lav.

Yeah im currently around 5% for base and then extras are around 2%. Most recipes i see use around these % so should i rather go up more?

you can try but be super careful to keep your ratios the same. Don't just go up 1% on each item, add an extra % on each component. i.e 1% xxx becomes 1.25% xxx whereas 7% yyy becomes 8.75%.

Try this in a small batch first cause you do run the risk of taking a component over that range where it becomes "purfumey"

Same here @Soutie I've tried TFA Vbic once and never again, smells and tastes like puke. Made 100mls of strawberry and Vbic, squirted it all down the lav.

Mustard milk I bet! I cant handle the stuff, This is the exact recipe i was referring to when i mentioned it tasted 'turned'.
its strange, it seems that when i mix the VBIC with a strawberry i get that 'turned' taste whereas in other recipes i get the peppery taste much more prominent

Mustard milk I bet! I cant handle the stuff, This is the exact recipe i was referring to when i mentioned it tasted 'turned'.
its strange, it seems that when i mix the VBIC with a strawberry i get that 'turned' taste whereas in other recipes i get the peppery taste much more prominent

Yep, that's the exact recipe, other people have smelt/tasted it and said it was fine but it smells and tastes rancid to me.

I've been mixing 75vg 25pg with vg nic. No harsh hits this side... and used a few enhancers as per diy or die 2 make my flavor really good.

Back