Cape Town - month end meets

PROBLEM !!!
Sorry about size of text but that's how their notice appears. If I enlarge it, it blurs.

Weather Warning.JPG

@Raindance and everyone else:
If it's pouring with rain we won't be able to meet because we'll be in the braai area, right?
Even if there is shelter, I'm sorry but I won't drive through from Yzerfontein. I don't like being on the road in bad weather conditions.

Think we may be booked in the under cover area? @KZOR ?

Last time we were in the open area because the other was booked if i recall correctly.

We will just have to see what really happens on the day, the last big storm forecast for two weekends ago turned out to be a few showers on Tuesday evening.

Lets hold thumbs!

Regards

Edit: forgot to tag @Hooked

Last edited:
:crybaby2:And I wanted someone to help me to build coils with Vandy Vape Ni80 wire because I keep on stuffing it up.

@KZOR do you mean the same place outside the restaurant, where we held the first Vape Meet?

I'll see what the weather does though - roads & rain not a good combo

@KZOR, you are a star! Nice and close to the bar as well! One has to stay hydrated when vaping.

Full steam ahead!

@Moerse Rooikat, you said it first. Nou gaan ons braai!

@Hooked, really hope you can make it. Sure I am not the only one that has been looking forward to meeting you.

Regards

Thank you @Raindance weather permitting I will be there, but I don't want to drive all the way from Yzer and back if it's pouring. The roads are too dangerous. Actually the roads are safe - it's the drivers who are dangerous!!

Extreme weather warning for Cape region
http://www.capetownetc.com/cape-town/weather/extreme-weather-warning-for-cape-region/

"An extreme weather warning has been issued by the South African Weather services for possible intense cold, high seas and rainfall that could hit the Western Cape this weekend.

The cold front is expected to make landfall in the Western Cape on Saturday afternoon and the City’s Disaster Management Centre (DRM) has been notified of the possible dangerous weather on the way this weekend." ...

Possible localised flooding may occur within the Cape Wineland areas, Cape Metro, the southern parts of the West Coast area and the Overberg on Saturday night and Sunday morning.

@Raindance @KZOR @Faiyaz Cheulkar
Very sorry everyone, but I'm not going to chance it. There will always be another Vape Meet, but there will never be another life. And think of it this way - next time (and third time lucky!) there will be THREE raffle prizes lol.

upload_2018-8-24_13-9-50.jpeg

Extreme weather warning for Cape region
http://www.capetownetc.com/cape-town/weather/extreme-weather-warning-for-cape-region/

"An extreme weather warning has been issued by the South African Weather services for possible intense cold, high seas and rainfall that could hit the Western Cape this weekend.

The cold front is expected to make landfall in the Western Cape on Saturday afternoon and the City’s Disaster Management Centre (DRM) has been notified of the possible dangerous weather on the way this weekend." ...

Possible localised flooding may occur within the Cape Wineland areas, Cape Metro, the southern parts of the West Coast area and the Overberg on Saturday night and Sunday morning.

@Raindance @KZOR @Faiyaz Cheulkar
Very sorry everyone, but I'm not going to chance it. There will always be another Vape Meet, but there will never be another life. And think of it this way - next time (and third time lucky!) there will be THREE raffle prizes lol.

View attachment 142987
Yeah, sorry I am also chicken. Just not worth it all the way from Koringberg. Next time.

Why don't you do it the following weekend, weather permitting? Rather be safe than sorry.
Last time a vape meet was postponed because of me and then it dint happen for quite sometime, because of which I think postponing may not be a good idea.
I was looking forward to meet @Hooked and have our long awaited coiling session and talk about her latest venture, also I was excited to meet @Andre for the first time and know more about his tobacco juices, may be try a few of his brews.
I am ok with whatever the team decides.

Sent from aPhone

The problem with postponing is that firstly, there is no guarantee that weather wise the same will not occur on the next weekend and secondly, other members may not be able to make it that time round. It is always difficult to get people together in the same place and the same time and arrangements seldom manage to fit into everyone's schedule. Move it to fit some then others are not able to make it again.

I wanted to make this comment when things were postponed the previous time but feared it may sound unfeeling or harsh. This is truly not my intent and I hope the reasons for this suggestion are understood.

It would be best we schedule our meetings on a set date each month (I.E. The Saturday closest to the 25 or last day of the month, whatever the case) and then stick to that frequency. If for some reason one can not attend, there is always the next meet.
Starting to postpone events eventually leads to skipping events and finally to no events at all. There is certainty in routine. As mentioned, it is difficult, if not impossible to accommodate everyone.

It is therefore my proposal we go ahead as planned, despite being disappointed not being able to meet two members this time round, most will still be able to make it as planned. There is always the next meet.

What you guys think?

Regards

The problem with postponing is that firstly, there is no guarantee that weather wise the same will not occur on the next weekend and secondly, other members may not be able to make it that time round. It is always difficult to get people together in the same place and the same time and arrangements seldom manage to fit into everyone's schedule. Move it to fit some then others are not able to make it again.

I wanted to make this comment when things were postponed the previous time but feared it may sound unfeeling or harsh. This is truly not my intent and I hope the reasons for this suggestion are understood.

It would be best we schedule our meetings on a set date each month (I.E. The Saturday closest to the 25 or last day of the month, whatever the case) and then stick to that frequency. If for some reason one can not attend, there is always the next meet.
Starting to postpone events eventually leads to skipping events and finally to no events at all. There is certainty in routine. As mentioned, it is difficult, if not impossible to accommodate everyone.

It is therefore my proposal we go ahead as planned, despite being disappointed not being able to meet two members this time round, most will still be able to make it as planned. There is always the next meet.

What you guys think?

Regards

@Raindance Meets should not be postponed simply because one or two peeps can't make it, otherwise they would seldom happen. As you said, there will always be someone who can't make it. However, to postpone because of weather is a valid reason.

Back