Ceramic coils and compatible tanks

Hahaha true in what you say about the 5 coils. But instead of having 7 coils I actually only have 5 now because the 2 that came with the tank are duds.
@Spydro how long does the .9 ccell coil last. I know usage varies but in your experience what life span do you get from these coils.
I just want to see if I should get another 5 from the good batch I got now.

I have no idea from my coils simply because all of them still work as perfectly as they did with their first tank full. One has probably ran over 50 tanks now, but Brother Rob's first one had one over 75 I think last I heard, and I saw somebody post over 100 and still going on one somewhere. I would expect those that I dedicate a specifc joose to will last the longest. At first all of my coils were assigned a specific joose. When I first changed to a new joose in a tank I also changed to a new coil for it, wrapped the others in small zip bags and stored them in glass tube bottles until needed again for their joose. But all the fooling around to try different viscosity, trying to help trouble shoot the Gemini tank thing has screwed that up some. It doesn't matter, I have one coil/tank that I've changed flavor and viscosity in many times by just refilling the tank with different liquids, not bothering to clean the previous liquid out of the coil/tank. With my long lung hits a pull or three and the old is gone and the new has taken over.

My decent batch coils in the Target Tanks just last and last with my record refills being over 100... it did eventually need changing because I could taste the difference ... the coils do really last so value for money they are a winner.

On the Gemini... my first Gemini with a 0.9Ω performed flawlessly right up until the time I put in a 0.8Ω coil... now that that coil has been in both tanks they both now suffer from the airlock problem... I haven't been unable to work out why?

Oh well I will keep fiddling in the hope I can work out why... in the mean time the two Gemini's can stay on my desk with the top fill slightly open to let the bubbles work and if I go out I will take the Target tanks...

And today I start playing with the OBS Ace! He we go again! :D

My decent batch coils in the Target Tanks just last and last with my record refills being over 100... it did eventually need changing because I could taste the difference ... the coils do really last so value for money they are a winner.

On the Gemini... my first Gemini with a 0.9Ω performed flawlessly right up until the time I put in a 0.8Ω coil... now that that coil has been in both tanks they both now suffer from the airlock problem... I haven't been unable to work out why?

Oh well I will keep fiddling in the hope I can work out why... in the mean time the two Gemini's can stay on my desk with the top fill slightly open to let the bubbles work and if I go out I will take the Target tanks...

I love my Crius so really hoping the Ace is a winner!

Isn't it a major PITA keeping the topfill on the Gemini open? Or is it that good that it's worth it?

I love my Crius so really hoping the Ace is a winner!

Isn't it a major PITA keeping the topfill on the Gemini open? Or is it that good that it's worth it?

No it's not worth it... I'm just hoping whatever the issue is that the 0.8Ω coil caused may fix itself.... having a top fill does make life a lot easier especially when you are refilling a tank 4-5 times a day!

As in now that you put 0.8Ω coils in the Gemini tanks you can't go back to 0.9Ω and not have the airlock issue???

As in now that you put 0.8Ω coils in the Gemini tanks you can't go back to 0.9Ω and not have the airlock issue???

I have returned to the decent 0.9Ω but the stupid 0.8Ω has done something to the Gemini's and they now both suffer the "airlock" problem... :-@

I have returned to the decent 0.9Ω but the stupid 0.8Ω has done something to the Gemini's and they now both suffer the "airlock" problem... :-@

That SUX! I have 2 Gemini tanks coming from 2 different vendors. Both of their description say they will come with a 0.5Ω installed and a 0.8Ω spare. I was hoping I could just change out to the 0.9Ω and be good to go. So you may have a little help trying to figure out WTF... before I return both of them for a refund.

That SUX! I have 2 Gemini tanks coming from 2 different vendors. Both of their description say they will come with a 0.5Ω installed and a 0.8Ω spare. I was hoping I could just change out to the 0.9Ω and be good to go. So you may have a little help trying to figure out WTF... before I return both of them for a refund.

If they arrive... try start with the 0.9... but I would stick with the Target Tanks for now... yes a bit of a pain to bottom fill but at least they don't suffer the airlock problem. I'm off to ECF to see if there is a solution.

Same issue as @Rob Fisher right now. Had the 0.8 in on the Gemini CCell. the first tank was sublime. Immense flavour, I just refilled it and dry hit city. Opening the topfill seems to release the airlock allowing the coils to wick. The first tank was one of the best vapes ive had, now I cant past a dry hit

If they arrive... try start with the 0.9... but I would stick with the Target Tanks for now... yes a bit of a pain to bottom fill but at least they don't suffer the airlock problem. I'm off to ECF to see if there is a solution.

That's what I had planned on doing, not screw around with the coils that come with them at all.

Early in the morning here I may just try to cancel both orders... I know they have not shipped yet. One vendor is in the PNW, the other the New England area here.

Either way I am done with Vaporosso beyond the Target Tanks and all the 0.9Ω coils I already have that so far are working very well.
They obviously have not had their act together with any of these coils or this tank model before they sent all this junk gear out. :cursing2:

One of my Gemini's (the new one) just started working properly again? :confused:

@Rob Fisher
I don't know if this will help but this is how I installed my 0.9 coil.
Unscrewed both top cap and bottom cap.
Then blew into the tank area from bottom where the coil goes into to create a preasure the glass did fog up.
Then I installed top cap where drip tip goes.
Fit new coil and insert bottom cap. Then open top again and fill tank.
Try this out and let me know if it works.
I think this all has something to do with preasure.

@Rob Fisher
I don't know if this will help but this is how I installed my 0.9 coil.
Unscrewed both top cap and bottom cap.
Then blew into the tank area from bottom where the coil goes into to create a preasure the glass did fog up.
Then I installed top cap where drip tip goes.
Fit new coil and insert bottom cap. Then open top again and fill tank.
Try this out and let me know if it works.
I think this all has something to do with preasure.

Going out for the day... will try it when I get home later.. the only thing I did different on my now working tank was to screw the coil into the deck pretty tight... thought that was the winning formula... so I tried the same on the other tank but no... :confused::(

What are the bad / good batch numbers for the ccell coils? I want to pick up some from Vape King this weekend.

The OBS Ace wades into the Ceramic wars with both guns blazing!

First few minutes with the tank... fantastic quality... awesome juice fill... it appears to have a great design... look pretty good... nice airflow... pretty good flavour (only just had a few toots and I'm sure it will improve)... had a rebuildable coil as well!

So far so good... wicking fine... no dry hits yet... flavour improving as the coil break in... this could be a Chicken Dinner! Going out with the OBS Ace today... report back tonight! A line from a song "Sometimes... I get a good feeling"!

Awesome service from @Vapers Corner who went beyond the call to get the tank to me overnight and as always FREE shipping!

http://www.vaperscorner.co.za/shop/product/obs-ace-tank-720?category=78

VMVC 002.JPG

Hahaha true in what you say about the 5 coils. But instead of having 7 coils I actually only have 5 now because the 2 that came with the tank are duds.
@Spydro how long does the .9 ccell coil last. I know usage varies but in your experience what life span do you get from these coils.
I just want to see if I should get another 5 from the good batch I got now.
I got my Target in February/March ( when They came out) Im still on the First coil .. hahahaha and I've lost count on the tank fills.

What are the bad / good batch numbers for the ccell coils? I want to pick up some from Vape King this weekend.

There is no batch numbers on the packs... I suggest you try one in the shop. A decent coil with a little attention and a few dry sucks should be operational within 10 minutes.

Dunno if this can help
I bought target tank and CellC coils
Vaped gr8 for a bit and then started with the infamous dry hit syndrome
Tried various coils and eventually landed up vaping at 22 watts which helped a bit but still after a few puffs dry hits.
Was at the The Vapery today and was speaking to another guy vaping away at 35 watts on same coil same tank with no problems
He explained the ceramic battles to wick fast enough when tank pressurized
He showed me a trick ...
Tighten the tank finger tight and then slowly turn back till it bubbles and leave it there. I was skeptical and thought that tank would leak but It does not.
And volla vaping at 33 watts stunning Vape lotsa flavor and absolutely no dry hits. Dam I even chain vaped.
After each long pull I can see bubbles rising
On my 4th tank full now and still bliss no dry hits and no leaking

T
Dunno if this can help
Tried various coils and eventually landed up vaping at 22 watts which helped a bit but still after a few puffs dry hits.
Was at the The Vapery today and was speaking to another guy vaping away at 35 watts on same coil same tank with no problems
He showed me a trick ...
Tighten the tank finger tight and then slowly turn back till it bubbles and leave it there. I was skeptical and thought that tank would leak but It does not.
And volla vaping at 33 watts stunning Vape lotsa flavor and absolutely no dry hits. Dam I even chain vaped.
@Blends .. When you say " turn back " do you mean turn upside down?

Dunno if this can help
He showed me a trick ...

That's what I have done but don't go out because of fear of leaking... and you say no leaking? Will give it a try.

That doesn't detract from the issue that there is an issue....

This comment doesn't pertain to the Gemini sub ohm tank per se....but about a lesson learned. Normally my shop is a very good vape shop with good people. I usually order anything new or different online....but I was at the shop and asking about the tank, they offered to order it for me and get it to the shop in 4 days, so I said hey, why not? I specified the sub ohm tank in stainless, (always like the look of stainless, not real keen on black, specially when the black starts chipping off). What I ended up recieving was the RTA in black! Sure they offered to refund, but I was curious about the rta so I kept it. While I am hugely disappointed I can't try out that ceramic coil right now....I have to say that the rta is a beast, vapes extremely well, wicks well, the airflow is very smooth and more than enough for almost everyone. Actually the black does look choice on my Koopor Plus with the orange silicon cover.

Back