Ceramic coils and compatible tanks

I wouldn't try gCeramics quite yet. Their first batch was not up to spec

Yip, but I thought maybe the non-kanger ones, i.e. the crown or aspire coils, would have been off a different batch and I wqas curious if anyone had tried them.

Dunno if this can help
I bought target tank and CellC coils
Vaped gr8 for a bit and then started with the infamous dry hit syndrome
Tried various coils and eventually landed up vaping at 22 watts which helped a bit but still after a few puffs dry hits.
Was at the The Vapery today and was speaking to another guy vaping away at 35 watts on same coil same tank with no problems
He explained the ceramic battles to wick fast enough when tank pressurized
He showed me a trick ...
Tighten the tank finger tight and then slowly turn back till it bubbles and leave it there. I was skeptical and thought that tank would leak but It does not.
And volla vaping at 33 watts stunning Vape lotsa flavor and absolutely no dry hits. Dam I even chain vaped.
After each long pull I can see bubbles rising
On my 4th tank full now and still bliss no dry hits and no leaking

Interesting concept that I have not tried yet simply because I have had no issues of any kind with any of the three Target tanks using the 0,9 cCells. IOW the other value coils that came with them have never been bothered with at all. Interesting in part because after a fill I tighten the bottom "tight" (as in more than finger tight) and do not loosen it. And I have had zero issues.

As a side, I thought I saw a reference to other tanks that can use the Vaporesso cCells someplace. Can someone direct me there, or remind me which other tanks please? With almost 50 0,9 cCells in hand I'd like to check into other tanks they'll fit (other than the Gemini). Thanks.

Can someone direct me there, or remind me which other tanks please? With almost 50 0,9 cCells in hand I'd like to check into other tanks they'll fit (other than the Gemini). Thanks.

• Vaporesso Tanks
  • Aspire Atlantis
  • Aspire Triton

Bought an Ijust 2 specific to try the ccell coils in it - dry hits all the way. Even though the coil seem to fit perfectly there's just not enough juice flow for it. Heard the same of the Melo 2.

Bought an Ijust 2 specific to try the ccell coils in it - dry hits all the way. Even though the coil seem to fit perfectly there's just not enough juice flow for it. Heard the same of the Melo 2.

Which cCell coils @Carel1966? 0.2Ω 0.5Ω 0.8Ω or 0.9Ω

Could either be a bad batch of coils or the fact that although it fits it's not designed for that tank. Someone posted earlier that it does fit in the Ijust tank but some holes of the coil get blocked. That may be the reason for dry hits, not enough juice flowing through coil.

I've got a 0.5 in a pico/melo3 (wife using it in tc mode, with vm litchi) awesome flavor no dry hits at all. That coil has seen about 20ml already. And another in ijust2 with VM berry blaze 70/30 probably 15ml so far. Lucky enough both have been good...might be that I was lucky and the 3 left in the pack will show me what so many seem to have experienced. Hoping not though.

I've tried the pico as well in wattage and no issues either.

Last edited:
I've got a 0.5 in a pico/melo3 (wife using it in tc mode, with vm litchi) awesome flavor no dry hits at all. T
I've tried the pico as well in wattage and no issues either.
@Flava that 0.5 ohm is it a SS316 ceramic coil?
Dave

The new Kangertech Ceramic Coils enter the fray! And they work very well!
View attachment 52832 View attachment 52833

Morning @Rob Fisher . Received the New Atom G ceramic coils this morning & true to your words, they work brilliantly. These Kangertech Ceramic coils, are they locally available? Thanks in advance. Just waiting for the couriers to deliver my Cerabis tank - adventurous weekend ahead.

Morning @Rob Fisher . Received the New Atom G ceramic coils this morning & true to your words, they work brilliantly. These Kangertech Ceramic coils, are they locally available? Thanks in advance. Just waiting for the couriers to deliver my Cerabis tank - adventurous weekend ahead.

The Kangertech Coils are not yet available locally that I have seen @Deckie... but they should start appearing in stock at vendors next week at a guess.

1st coil from 5 pack ccells from sir vape seems to be going okay. A slight dry hit every 10 or 15 draws. Find myself shaking it a bit to get the air bubbles out. A pity as the stock coil vaped without a single dry hit but the flavour went dull after too many diff juice changes

Has anyone tried the gCeramics for Crown or Aspire/Triton tanks?

Not even sure if they're available locally but I'm curious if anyone has given them a shot (whilst we wait for the improved batch of the Kanger gCeramics...)

I'm also wondering about this. According to uncle Rob the latest batch of Kangertech gceramics is awesome. The standard Crown coils are significantly better than the standard Kanger coils, so all things being equal, the Crown gceramics could be totally amazing, possibly even better than the Vaporesso and Cerabis ceramics!

Does anyone know if they are available locally, or if any vendor is planning to bring them in? I basically took the day off work (uncle Rob's fault for the ceramic hype) to thoroughly search online for these coils but I can't find any.

The Kangertech Coils are not yet available locally that I have seen @Deckie... but they should start appearing in stock at vendors next week at a guess.
Thanks @Rob Fisher .... I have a feeling they are going to be more reliable. A point that I feel at this stage needs to be high lighted is when buying commercial coils, there will always be a good chance of getting the odd "dud". Sometimes you could even 2 or 3 in a pack, after all they are mass produced and checking each and every coil is impossible, but as things move forward and ceramic coils become more the norm than the exception, the less the chance of coming across a "dud" coil.

1st coil from 5 pack ccells from sir vape seems to be going okay. A slight dry hit every 10 or 15 draws. Find myself shaking it a bit to get the air bubbles out. A pity as the stock coil vaped without a single dry hit but the flavour went dull after too many diff juice changes

Are you using a Target or Gemini? If you are using a Gemini then release the top fill a little till you see bubbles and leave it there. You will be fine!

Back