Ceramic coils and compatible tanks

Just a heads up, the new subtank mini .5ohm coils dont work on the stubby connectors.... mate just tried it, the stubby connector centre pin is to wide to fit into the coil, so leaves a gap between glass and base.

Just put a fresh .5ohm subtank mini ceramic in my tank. No need to prime for long, couple drops in middle and on sides (thanks @Rob Fisher for the info) got it on my vtc mini @ 35w vaping some scream and its tasting realllly good

Haha! Thought I would give the cCell one more try! And it's a WINNER!!!!!!
I finally understand the hype! Wow.
Thanks to everyone for the advice about the ijust and Atlantis and triton coils.

Got a good cCell in my melo 3 mini.

Works very well, vaping XXX at 28W on my new pico.

Only issue is the 2ml tank, maybe ten minutes of vaping before refill:risas3:

New .5 ohm gCeramic in the subtank on my subox. Also XXX, around 33-35W. Working like a charm.

Thanks @Rob Fisher for all the testing and insight, you have improved my vaping journey and those of many who have followed your research and trials.

@Boschie and @ShamZ did u get the 0.9 ccells? I have a Melo 2 and was worried that the juice ports are too small for the ccells need to give it a try. Where did u guys buy urs from?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried on their crappy ceramic coils to soak them in boiling hot water first and then prime them?

Has anyone tried on their crappy ceramic coils to soak them in boiling hot water first and then prime them?

Ive tried and didnt work for me. Muted the flav completely. Got 3 boxes of 0.9 coils. Have tried two from each box. All duds. Seems like I wasted a grand on coils. Im quite pissed atm

Ive tried and didnt work for me. Muted the flav completely. Got 3 boxes of 0.9 coils. Have tried two from each box. All duds. Seems like I wasted a grand on coils. Im quite pissed atm
Sorry to hear bud that's why I am holding off for now. Getting a black cerabis and they seem to be the most consistent so far with their coils etc

On the target I was getting dry hits from the 0.5 Ss coils. So I did the trick by unscrewing the tank from the base a little and it seems to work. As soon as the tank gets a little air, it starts wicking properly and you can see it releasing bubbles. Seems like it is getting an airlock and then not pulling the juice into the coil

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That is the trick that blends mentioned earlier in the thread

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

With the 0.9s I currently have, I do that, it releases the airlock, but still doesn't seem to wick lekker. Still getting dry hits. This is on the Gemini

With the 0.9s I currently have, I do that, it releases the airlock, but still doesn't seem to wick lekker. Still getting dry hits. This is on the Gemini

Then you have dickey coils! No matter what you do to them they will never work.

I bought a few 0.9ohm coils which are apparently from the new batch. Used in iJust2 and Melo2 and they are just not worth the effort. Get a dry git here and there and the flavour is clean but not anywhere near the stock cotton coils.

@Boschie and @ShamZ did u get the 0.9 ccells? I have a Melo 2 and was worried that the juice ports are too small for the ccells need to give it a try. Where did u guys buy urs from?

Hi Kyle. Yes I have the 0.9 cCell. Bought from Sir Vape

Then you have dickey coils! No matter what you do to them they will never work.
So pissed rob. Was really enjoying the vape. And now im sitting with a bunch of duds and a tank staring at me waiting to be loved. Might just sell it off, these inconsistencies to n QA on coils are going to be an expensive thing

I managed to get my Cerabis tank working on Friday, I went back to the Vendor and they helped me out.
The flavour is a lot better than it was when I first started vaping on the tank not enjoying the fact that I need 45 watts to get a decent vape and a not so decent flavour BUT I will give this tank a week or so and see where it leads me :)

I managed to get my Cerabis tank working on Friday, I went back to the Vendor and they helped me out.
The flavour is a lot better than it was when I first started vaping on the tank not enjoying the fact that I need 45 watts to get a decent vape and a not so decent flavour BUT I will give this tank a week or so and see where it leads me :)
I'm in 2 minds about this whole Ceramic coil thing - At this stage the coils are a hit & miss thing, the Cerabis coils are more certain to work but the possibility for a dud is still there ( buying commercial coils). The Vaporesso coils are at this point a huge gamble & costly. Vaporesso tanks are lining up for photos for the classifieds. I'm Going to hang on to my Cerabis. Another factor to me is this - ceramics guzzle juice and in most cases change the profiles of the few juices I have managed to claim as ADV juices, the result is so much so that I can't stand them in Ceramic tanks. I've discovered other juices through ceramics but again cannot justify the cost of juices with them - one uses twice as much. So far this ceramic journey has cost me a few rand which could have been spent more wisely on decent Mods. I'm just falling back on my trusty Subtanks & the RBA decks.

On another note, I've bought 2 Dripboxes and I'm impressed. They've opened another dimension in vaping for me & with them I've found more juices. Example - Paulies Pistachio Ice Cream I could not stomach in my Subtank or a Ceramic Tank, but yesterday I decided to try it in a Dripbox, now I can't put it down - ordered another bottle & another Dripbox :aaaaa::headbang:

Again it's only my opinion - "different strokes for different folks", as the saying goes.

I'm in 2 minds about this whole Ceramic coil thing - At this stage the coils are a hit & miss thing, the Cerabis coils are more certain to work but the possibility for a dud is still there ( buying commercial coils). The Vaporesso coils are at this point a huge gamble & costly. Vaporesso tanks are lining up for photos for the classifieds. I'm Going to hang on to my Cerabis. Another factor to me is this - ceramics guzzle juice and in most cases change the profiles of the few juices I have managed to claim as ADV juices, the result is so much so that I can't stand them in Ceramic tanks. I've discovered other juices through ceramics but again cannot justify the cost of juices with them - one uses twice as much. So far this ceramic journey has cost me a few rand which could have been spent more wisely on decent Mods. I'm just falling back on my trusty Subtanks & the RBA decks.

On another note, I've bought 2 Dripboxes and I'm impressed. They've opened another dimension in vaping for me & with them I've found more juices. Example - Paulies Pistachio Ice Cream I could not stomach in my Subtank or a Ceramic Tank, but yesterday I decided to try it in a Dripbox, now I can't put it down - ordered another bottle & another Dripbox :aaaaa::headbang:

Again it's only my opinion - "different strokes for different folks", as the saying goes.
That, Sir, imho opinion sums it up perfectly!

To reinforce - HRH vapes only one juice (VM Berry Blaze) despite my best efforts. She uses an Ego One tank with CLR coil and a Target tank with Vaporesso ceramic coil. Despite the longevity of the latter, she only vapes on it when her Ego One mod is charging. She says the vape is fine in the Target, but just not as good as in the Ego One.

BTW, I tried @Paulies Pistachio Ice Cream in my Reo squonker from the start and love it.

That, Sir, imho opinion sums it up perfectly!

To reinforce - HRH vapes only one juice (VM Berry Blaze) despite my best efforts. She uses an Ego One tank with CLR coil and a Target tank with Vaporesso ceramic coil. Despite the longevity of the latter, she only vapes on it when her Ego One mod is charging. She says the vape is fine in the Target, but just not as good as in the Ego One.

BTW, I tried @Paulies Pistachio Ice Cream in my Reo squonker from the start and love it.
@Andre , from now on I'm going try new juices in my Subtanks, Cerabis & DripBoxes before I dispose of them at the "Hazmat" disposal facility along the 90% fail rate I have at DIY'ing.

Back