Ceramic coils and compatible tanks

I'm in 2 minds about this whole Ceramic coil thing - At this stage the coils are a hit & miss thing, the Cerabis coils are more certain to work but the possibility for a dud is still there ( buying commercial coils). The Vaporesso coils are at this point a huge gamble & costly. Vaporesso tanks are lining up for photos for the classifieds. I'm Going to hang on to my Cerabis. Another factor to me is this - ceramics guzzle juice and in most cases change the profiles of the few juices I have managed to claim as ADV juices, the result is so much so that I can't stand them in Ceramic tanks. I've discovered other juices through ceramics but again cannot justify the cost of juices with them - one uses twice as much. So far this ceramic journey has cost me a few rand which could have been spent more wisely on decent Mods. I'm just falling back on my trusty Subtanks & the RBA decks.

On another note, I've bought 2 Dripboxes and I'm impressed. They've opened another dimension in vaping for me & with them I've found more juices. Example - Paulies Pistachio Ice Cream I could not stomach in my Subtank or a Ceramic Tank, but yesterday I decided to try it in a Dripbox, now I can't put it down - ordered another bottle & another Dripbox :aaaaa::headbang:

Again it's only my opinion - "different strokes for different folks", as the saying goes.
I agree with you 100% @Deckie , My all day vape VM4.. which is brilliant on my Subtanks cannot go into the Ceramics, It changes the flavour completely and I hate it.. where as XXX shines for me in the Target.. so its VM4 in the Subtank and XXX currently in the Target.. (The target still has the coil in that it came with in the Box)

Oooo, Im also loving the dripbox.. you need to try Hardwicks DDD in the dripbox.. too delicious!!!

Despite the airlock issue and cCell coil issues I have yet to find better flavour with XXX than in a Gemini with cCell... also in the other Gemini the Fizzy Passion Fruit and Lemonade Juice. I just keep gravitating back to the Gemini...
Gemini999.JPG

Despite the airlock issue and cCell coil issues I have yet to find better flavour with XXX than in a Gemini with cCell... also in the other Gemini the Fizzy Passion Fruit and Lemonade Juice. I just keep gravitating back to the Gemini...
View attachment 53562
If I could find a working coil for the Gemini, id be a very happy bunny :)

I managed to get my Cerabis tank working on Friday, I went back to the Vendor and they helped me out.
The flavour is a lot better than it was when I first started vaping on the tank not enjoying the fact that I need 45 watts to get a decent vape and a not so decent flavour BUT I will give this tank a week or so and see where it leads me :)
What was the problem?

I feel quite kak coz a few mates tried my gemini and loved it. As a result there's now 6 people whove got a gemini because of me anf we all sukkeling with dud coils.

Going to place an order with the sirs shortly.

@Andre , from now on I'm going try new juices in my Subtanks, Cerabis & DripBoxes before I dispose of them at the "Hazmat" disposal facility along the 90% fail rate I have at DIY'ing.
Lol, I am just starting down the DIY rabbit hole and am already totally out of control! At least I am loving it.

View attachment 53562
Yeah, when working these units seem to be very juice specific, which is fine if you have enough mods and atomizers, but not ideal for the normal vaper methinks. But, certainly the future if they get it right in the end.

Last edited:
Lol, I am just starting down the DIY rabbit hole and am already totally out of control! At least I am loving it.
I've been in the DIY rabbit hole for 6 months already, also loving it - Mad Scientist syndrome as my sons say when I'm mixing.

7fce858d7f0a2a4f6618afcc2a408f39.jpg

Flavour is crisp and clean.

Relatively lesser vape smoke compared to my uwell crown and goliath ii Dual coil RTA.

Juiced up normally and started chain vape at 45w with reading of 0.86 ohm. No dry or burnt hit yet, but the tank gets bloody hot. With airhole fully opened, it feels much of a tighter draw. (I prefer freeflow draws)

Overall, I like the Flavour and the style of the tank.

When will vendors get in the 0.5ohm cerabis coils? Much better than 0.9ohm. You get minimal flavour until you go over 40w and that reads over 6.3v of battery discharge. Even with RX200 of 3 batteries, it kills it fairly quick.

I'm in 2 minds about this whole Ceramic coil thing - At this stage the coils are a hit & miss thing, the Cerabis coils are more certain to work but the possibility for a dud is still there ( buying commercial coils). The Vaporesso coils are at this point a huge gamble & costly. Vaporesso tanks are lining up for photos for the classifieds. I'm Going to hang on to my Cerabis. Another factor to me is this - ceramics guzzle juice and in most cases change the profiles of the few juices I have managed to claim as ADV juices, the result is so much so that I can't stand them in Ceramic tanks. I've discovered other juices through ceramics but again cannot justify the cost of juices with them - one uses twice as much. So far this ceramic journey has cost me a few rand which could have been spent more wisely on decent Mods. I'm just falling back on my trusty Subtanks & the RBA decks.

On another note, I've bought 2 Dripboxes and I'm impressed. They've opened another dimension in vaping for me & with them I've found more juices. Example - Paulies Pistachio Ice Cream I could not stomach in my Subtank or a Ceramic Tank, but yesterday I decided to try it in a Dripbox, now I can't put it down - ordered another bottle & another Dripbox :aaaaa::headbang:

Again it's only my opinion - "different strokes for different folks", as the saying goes.

Hi @Deckie
Thanks for sharing your views

I think what makes vaping so interesting are the "mini detours" along the way.
And the vast differences in vaping styles and vape combinations with all the different gear and juices

As long as one is learning what one likes (and enjoying the discovery) then one is winning.

I only have one ceramic setup. The Target tank with the 0.9 ohm cCell coils. For me, the vape is very smooth and has a "soft" premium feel. I prefer more throat hit - so the Target will be an occasional vape for me. Its still nice but not an alldayer for me.

hi,

can anyone compare the Krixus to the Cerabis?
i had the Krixus and sold it as the tank got too hot for me, i really like the idea and wold like to get into ceramics but i struggle to find anything that would even come close to the griffin, i have bought an sold tanks as they dont compare nicely to that tank.

Well, the Black (a fitting color) Gemini Sub Ohm tank is going to make me eat crow. It has performed very well with the only issue a very little leaking now and then. So I just bought another one in SS. Should have it by Monday latest.

@Rob Fisher please pass the sauce to make the crow go down easier.

Also supposedly out for delivery today, many weeks earlier than expected, is 2 Avocado 24's, 1 SS and 1 Black. I am so looking forward to them since I really do like my two Avocado 22's.

With 2 Minikin V1.5 150W on preorder as well and what will be 12 tanks for 6 reg mods maybe I'll be set for quite awhile when a bunch more 3000mAh batteries get added.
(That was a hint brother Rob.) ;) :)

Hehehe @Spydro! The Gemini is one special tank with a decent cCell coil... really hard to beat it... tomorrow I get my Avo 24 and iPV / Yihi Pure X2 Coil-Less Sub-Ohm Tank to put on my iPV 5 and maybe a Serpent Mini… but I doubt any of them will be as special as the Gemini cCell. Yes, it has an airlock issue but that is solved by loosening the top fill until you see bubbles… A Vaporesso Gemini on a VGod Minikin is a hard act to follow! It’s Crow eating stuff. :D:D

Hehehe @Spydro! The Gemini is one special tank with a decent cCell coil... really hard to beat it... tomorrow I get my Avo 24 and iPV / Yihi Pure X2 Coil-Less Sub-Ohm Tank to put on my iPV 5 and maybe a Serpent Mini… but I doubt any of them will be as special as the Gemini cCell. Yes, it has an airlock issue but that is solved by loosening the top fill until you see bubbles… A Vaporesso Gemini on a VGod Minikin is a hard act to follow! It’s Crow eating stuff. :D:D
@Rob Fisher please let us know once you try the pure x2 tank. Wondering of this is the one to get to pair with my incoming sx q class.

Back