Ceramic coils and compatible tanks

More of that luck of the draw thing maybe @Rob Fisher, but I've had no air lock issues at all on the Black Gemini with the top cap screwed on tight. As soon as I took it out of the packaging I pulled the installed coil, screwed one from my extra boxes in, filled it, put the top cap on tight and vaped away. I've lost track of how many refills, but a lot. Because of my situation I don't mind the bottom fill on the 3 Targets at all. They have performed flawlessly from day one so are always loaded for rotation use.

I'm also getting more comfortable with the Cerabis tank. Minor leaks now and then, but I found some of my DIY liquids that like it way better than others. So one of them has been in use some of the time almost daily, the other is in reserve still. They are still like telephone poles to me, and always will be, but if they get it done I'll use them.

The only fail has been the Theorem, that among other issues leaks all the time from the top cap vent. It just can't handle my long, slow lung pulls. It's still in my atty rack, but most likely will get cleaned and repackaged before going in "The Box" with all the rest of the unused gear.

I see the Avocado 24's on the Minikin 150W's when they come... but they will see duty on the VGOD and a SWM until they come. Right now I mostly run one of the Avocado 22's on the VGOD (the more compact thing), but also the Gemini or a Target sometimes as well on it. I do like both the SWM's and Minikin, so having 3 of each will be a plus. And it appears the new Minikin 150W will all be gloss finish like the VGOD body. I'm getting all black and all white versions. Just couldn't pull the trigger on the metallic red or purple.

More of that luck of the draw thing maybe @Rob Fisher, but I've had no air lock issues at all on the Black Gemini with the top cap screwed on tight. As soon as I took it out of the packaging I pulled the installed coil, screwed one from my extra boxes in, filled it, put the top cap on tight and vaped away. I've lost track of how many refills, but a lot. Because of my situation I don't mind the bottom fill on the 3 Targets at all. They have performed flawlessly from day one so are always loaded for rotation use.

I'm also getting more comfortable with the Cerabis tank. Minor leaks now and then, but I found some of my DIY liquids that like it way better than others. So one of them has been in use some of the time almost daily, the other is in reserve still. They are still like telephone poles to me, and always will be, but if they get it done I'll use them.

The only fail has been the Theorem, that among other issues leaks all the time from the top cap vent. It just can't handle my long, slow lung pulls. It's still in my atty rack, but most likely will get cleaned and repackaged before going in "The Box" with all the rest of the unused gear.

I see the Avocado 24's on the Minikin 150W's when they come... but they will see duty on the VGOD and a SWM until they come. Right now I mostly run one of the Avocado 22's on the VGOD (the more compact thing), but also the Gemini or a Target sometimes as well on it. I do like both the SWM's and Minikin, so having 3 of each will be a plus. And it appears the new Minikin 150W will all be gloss finish like the VGOD body. I'm getting all black and all white versions. Just couldn't pull the trigger on the metallic red or purple.
A purple Minikin ... Oh my goodness !!! :LOVEYOUZ:

So... life is good on the Strip then? :D

It's so awesome when you buy a few goodies and they perform... I must say I don't regret the pain of the cCell and now that I have decent coils my Target and Gemini tanks are rocking... and I still love to just look at the Snow Wolf Mini's... they are really beautiful!

I was using the 0.5 coil that came with the Gemini and had a dry hit here and there and occasional leaking. Had to do the top cap trick to release bubbles, etc.

I bought a 0.9 ohm ccell coil today and man, what a difference. Unpacked the coil, primed it and pulled a few times without firing. It's working like a charm. Started off at 20w and now I'm at 30w. Got some XXX in there.

I was using the 0.5 coil that came with the Gemini and had a dry hit here and there and occasional leaking. Had to do the top cap trick to release bubbles, etc.

I bought a 0.9 ohm ccell coil today and man, what a difference. Unpacked the coil, primed it and pulled a few times without firing. It's working like a charm. Started off at 20w and now I'm at 30w. Got some XXX in there.

Well then you are now is vaping Nirvana! It rocks doesn't it? :D

Hi @Deckie
Thanks for sharing your views

I think what makes vaping so interesting are the "mini detours" along the way.
And the vast differences in vaping styles and vape combinations with all the different gear and juices

As long as one is learning what one likes (and enjoying the discovery) then one is winning.

I only have one ceramic setup. The Target tank with the 0.9 ohm cCell coils. For me, the vape is very smooth and has a "soft" premium feel. I prefer more throat hit - so the Target will be an occasional vape for me. Its still nice but not an alldayer for me.

Hi @Silver where do you get your ccell 0.9ohm coils from? I've been struggling with a few duds lately.

So... life is good on the Strip then? :D

It's so awesome when you buy a few goodies and they perform... I must say I don't regret the pain of the cCell and now that I have decent coils my Target and Gemini tanks are rocking... and I still love to just look at the Snow Wolf Mini's... they are really beautiful!

Your guidance has not been in vain brother. I am happy to very happy with almost all of the gear I've bought since I joined the forum.

A second Gemini and a bunch of KP atty shields has been in my box at the mail place since yesterday, but I will probably wait until tomorrow night as the third Avocado 24 should be here tomorrow.

I have really liked the Snow Wolf Mini's, maybe even more than the VGOD for running the Target and Avocado tanks I started with (and now they run the Gemini & Cerabis thanks). But the Avocado 24's have won as my tank of choice, it's like they they were made for the Minikins. So I will have 3 Avo24's and 3 Minikin's when the 2 Minikin 150W get here. If this second Gemini performs as flawless as the first one has, it's going to be a real 'battle of the tanks' which will see the most use on the 3 SWM's. Highest contenders are the Gemini's and Avocado 22's, but the Targets are a very close third (I don't mind their bottom fill at all).

Your guidance has not been in vain brother. I am happy to very happy with almost all of the gear I've bought since I joined the forum.

A second Gemini and a bunch of KP atty shields has been in my box at the mail place since yesterday, but I will probably wait until tomorrow night as the third Avocado 24 should be here tomorrow.

I have really liked the Snow Wolf Mini's, maybe even more than the VGOD for running the Target and Avocado tanks I started with (and now they run the Gemini & Cerabis thanks). But the Avocado 24's have won as my tank of choice, it's like they they were made for the Minikins. So I will have 3 Avo24's and 3 Minikin's when the 2 Minikin 150W get here. If this second Gemini performs as flawless as the first one has, it's going to be a real 'battle of the tanks' which will see the most use on the 3 SWM's. Highest contenders are the Gemini's and Avocado 22's, but the Targets are a very close third (I don't mind their bottom fill at all).

That's great news @Spydro! I must say I echo all your sentiments... Snow Wolf Mini's with a Gemini is as close to a perfect vape as one can get... love the battery life of my Minikin and it too has a Gemini on top... really love both the Avo's but have given away my small one. The Cerabis is also still in circulation but doesn't quite reach the flavour of a Gemini or Target tank... the Cerabis is actually on a brand new mod that I will be able to talk about from Monday or Tuesday hopefully!

That's great news @Spydro! I must say I echo all your sentiments... Snow Wolf Mini's with a Gemini is as close to a perfect vape as one can get... love the battery life of my Minikin and it too has a Gemini on top... really love both the Avo's but have given away my small one. The Cerabis is also still in circulation but doesn't quite reach the flavour of a Gemini or Target tank... the Cerabis is actually on a brand new mod that I will be able to talk about from Monday or Tuesday hopefully!

As you know I prefer to build to my liquids and the attys they are ran in. So while I am more than happy with the cCell tanks that do have great flavor, I can get better flavor out of the 2 Avo's and what will soon be 3 Avo24's. I'm not even near 100% on the 2 Cerabis tanks, but don't regret buying them (although I am still holding one of them back unused). New mods wise for now ("now" being positive thinking), the 3 SWM's and 3 Minikins ought to keep me covered on mods with some of the Reos back on top where they belong for my uses. For the last rotation that has been going for around seven hours so far, a long rotation compared to what my normal rotations are, it's been 4 Reos and the VGOD. I'll soon give the 'puter a break to make breakfast, and will change gear and liquids after.

Hi @Silver where do you get your ccell 0.9ohm coils from? I've been struggling with a few duds lately.

Hi @Wolfgang - i got my Target tank and box of 5 cCell 0.9 ohm coils from Vape King
So that was two coils with the tank and 5 in the extra box
My first coil that came with the tank gave me a slightly burnt taste after about 6 tankfuls but it could have been because i vaped it too empty. I am on the second coil that came with the tank. Been through about 10 tankfuls or so and all is good. I havent tried the spare box of coils yet.
So i am probably not the best to ask about where to get "good coils" ;-)

The Ceramic Wars never stop... in Vape Mail today some new Ceramic Coils for the Sub Tanks arrived from Coil Art! The limited documentation (and their web site was down this morning) I could find was the coils are for < 35 Watts. Priming was great and I rushed the exercise because I was anxious to try them and no dry hits and flavour good almost from the beginning. As with the other ceramic coils for the sub tanks I could do with more airflow and the technique for these coils are slow and long does it.
CoilArt 001.JPG

Which is best you ask? Well glad you asked... I will rate the Sub Tank ceramic coils by themselves because the working cCell 0.9Ω still beats them all for airflow and flavor. I also got two packs of the SS 0.5Ω cCell coils from other overseas vendors to try... more on that later.

Here is the current batch of Ceramic Coils being tested...
CoilArt 003.JPG

Sub Tank compatible ceramic coils in order of flavour preference...
1. Coil Art 0.5Ω
2. Kangertech 0.5Ω
3. Atom gCeramic 0.5Ω (New Batch)

Last edited:
Got myself an Vaporesso Gemini CCELL tank and using it with the included 0.5ohm SS coil. Must say it is awesome. Taste is even better than in my Target tanks and no dry hits after about 6 tanks.

b6e303d66387598bb5372d0c1cb035e5.jpg

First thanks @Sir Vape for excellent service as always. Now , @Rob Fisher , why,why,why do you always start the thread thing. I followed this thread from the start, and pulled the trigger on Monday. I got myself a Kangertech Toptank and some Atom Gcaramic coils, load the lady last night with some juice, and wow. The vape is really good, intact great. No leaking, no dry hits just perfect.

First thanks @Sir Vape for excellent service as always. Now , @Rob Fisher , why,why,why do you always start the thread thing. I followed this thread from the start, and pulled the trigger on Monday. I got myself a Kangertech Toptank and some Atom Gcaramic coils, load the lady last night with some juice, and wow. The vape is really good, intact great. No leaking, no dry hits just perfect.

Just want to share the love @Petrus! :p:inlove:

The Ceramic Wars never stop... in Vape Mail today some new Ceramic Coils for the Sub Tanks arrived from Coil Art! The limited documentation (and their web site was down this morning) I could find was the coils are for < 35 Watts. Priming was great and I rushed the exercise because I was anxious to try them and no dry hits and flavour good almost from the beginning. As with the other ceramic coils for the sub tanks I could do with more airflow and the technique for these coils are slow and long does it.
View attachment 54699

Which is best you ask? Well glad you asked... I will rate the Sub Tank ceramic coils by themselves because the working cCell 0.9Ω still beats them all for airflow and flavor. I also got two packs of the SS 0.5Ω cCell coils from other overseas vendors to try... more on that later.

Here is the current batch of Ceramic Coils being tested...
View attachment 54700

Sub Tank compatible ceramic coils in order of flavour preference...
1. Coil Art 0.5Ω
2. Kangertech 0.5Ω
3. Atom gCeramic 0.5Ω (New Batch)
@Rob Fisher - Apologies if you have posted this somewhere else and I have missed it, but I am wondering whether you have formed an impression the the SS 0.5 ohm cCell coils yet?

I have a friend who is currently vaping on a Twisp Edge, but who is smoking far more than he is using that and he has actually really enjoyed the vape on my lung hitting gear. He now wants me to get him something similar, but as 'fuss-free' as possible. I am leaning towards a Pico kit with the cCell coils and if I order from VapeClub I can get the complete package including my currently preferred battery and the cCells at a superb price (cost is also a consideration for him) all from one vendor, but they only have the 0.5 ohms in stock.

How would you rate the 0.5 ohms compared to the 0.9s? Would they be able to wick 70 VG / 30 PG juice efficiently? Are they a pain to prime etc? (I think there's a real good chance that with the right setup he could quit smoking but, as I said, he wants something really 'fuss free' and 'problem free' and PITA priming or dry hits would be a no-no)

@Rob Fisher - Apologies if you have posted this somewhere else and I have missed it, but I am wondering whether you have formed an impression the the SS 0.5 ohm cCell coils yet?

I have a friend who is currently vaping on a Twisp Edge, but who is smoking far more than he is using that and he has actually really enjoyed the vape on my lung hitting gear. He now wants me to get him something similar, but as 'fuss-free' as possible. I am leaning towards a Pico kit with the cCell coils and if I order from VapeClub I can get the complete package including my currently preferred battery and the cCells at a superb price (cost is also a consideration for him) all from one vendor, but they only have the 0.5 ohms in stock.

How would you rate the 0.5 ohms compared to the 0.9s? Would they be able to wick 70 VG / 30 PG juice efficiently? Are they a pain to prime etc? (I think there's a real good chance that with the right setup he could quit smoking but, as I said, he wants something really 'fuss free' and 'problem free' and PITA priming or dry hits would be a no-no)
I cannot help you with the 0.5 ohm cCell units, but can confirm that i think it is a great setup. I have used the Pico with Melo3 Mini and the RBA deck for a week and it was great. Then I put in a 0.9 ohm cCell unit and used that for a week and it was as good. Thus, it passed the test and could be passed on to HRH. I had the same dilemma as you - no 0.9 ohm coils at VapeClub, but then I got an excuse for other vaping stuff and ordered the 0.9 ohm units and the RBA deck from Sir Vape.

I cannot help you with the 0.5 ohm cCell units, but can confirm that i think it is a great setup. I have used the Pico with Melo3 Mini and the RBA deck for a week and it was great. Then I put in a 0.9 ohm cCell unit and used that for a week and it was as good. Thus, it passed the test and could be passed on to HRH. I had the same dilemma as you - no 0.9 ohm coils at VapeClub, but then I got an excuse for other vaping stuff and ordered the 0.9 ohm units and the RBA deck from Sir Vape.
Thanks very much @Andre !

Unfortunately I just got way too much new stuff and some AIO's for others recently, so I can find no excuses to order anything for myself at the moment and to just throw in the 0.9 cCells (plus the price on the five pack 0.5 ohms at VapeClub is really good IMO, so would suit the friend's budget as well - IF they are good and worth having of course)

Back