Cubis

picked one up today, lung hits with the 0.5 ohm coil aren't too bad

After whats seemed like years the 0.5ohm coil's time has finally come. I layed her down to rest late last night.
She was a great coil always giving off rich flavour and dense vapour.
She will be succeeded by a new 0.5ohm coil and an RBA on Thursday.
Amen

/tea and biscuits available after the service

After whats seemed like years the 0.5ohm coil's time has finally come. I layed her down to rest late last night.
She was a great coil always giving off rich flavour and dense vapour.
She will be succeeded by a new 0.5ohm coil and an RBA on Thursday.
Amen

/tea and biscuits available after the service
Lol, well put. How much juice did she give you more or less? Hope you have more luck with the RBA than I had.

Lol, well put. How much juice did she give you more or less? Hope you have more luck with the RBA than I had.
Definitely give a vertical build a shot before dismissing the RBA head.
I had all the issues you mentioned with the horizontal build, spitting, gurgling and things went from bad to worse as the juice level dropped.
Vertical build with 12 wraps, #28 Ni, 3mm ID using a full height 10mm x 40mm strip of KGD cotton and the issues all went away.

Definitely give a vertical build a shot before dismissing the RBA head.
I had all the issues you mentioned with the horizontal build, spitting, gurgling and things went from bad to worse as the juice level dropped.
Vertical build with 12 wraps, #28 Ni, 3mm ID using a full height 10mm x 40mm strip of KGD cotton and the issues all went away.
You give me hope. Thanks, shall try. Did you strip the outsides of the KGD off or use as is?

This is just a guestimate but probably around 20 tanks I'd say. I really feel like this coil could have gone further as it only started to die after I started using NdP #9 which is a very sweet juice and I suspect it killed the coil.
The same juice tends to gung up my TFv4 coils after 1 or 2 tanks so I suspect it's the juice.
I hope the RBA works for me, I have read mixed reviews on it. But I want to give it a bash nonetheless.

Ah, great to hear from a lung hitter and cloud blower of note. Cubis might be a nice inbetweener and juice saver for you?

It's interesting. I think I need slightly thinner juice. Max VG is a little too syrupy for it, it tastes a bit dry (not burnt) if I chain vape it. Flavours not bad though.

This is just a guestimate but probably around 20 tanks I'd say. I really feel like this coil could have gone further as it only started to die after I started using NdP #9 which is a very sweet juice and I suspect it killed the coil.
The same juice tends to gung up my TFv4 coils after 1 or 2 tanks so I suspect it's the juice.
I hope the RBA works for me, I have read mixed reviews on it. But I want to give it a bash nonetheless.
Least your coil lasted longer than mine.
My 0.5 coil lasted a whole 1 minute.
When I bought the tank the gentlemen loaded the coil for me in the tank filled it up with a juice I bought and plugged it on his mod for me to try it out.
He set it on 30w and says you can amp it up after a few pulls.... so I did to 50w.
After a few pulls... yukkkk... rasberry cheesecake with a burnt crust... :GODZILLA:
So that was fun...
I still used the coil for a few tanks and just told myself that the taste is in my head not to throw away a brand new coil.... :-D

Least your coil lasted longer than mine.
My 0.5 coil lasted a whole 1 minute.
When I bought the tank the gentlemen loaded the coil for me in the tank filled it up with a juice I bought and plugged it on his mod for me to try it out.
He set it on 30w and says you can amp it up after a few pulls.... so I did to 50w.
After a few pulls... yukkkk... rasberry cheesecake with a burnt crust... :GODZILLA:
So that was fun...
I still used the coil for a few tanks and just told myself that the taste is in my head not to throw away a brand new coil.... :-D
Oh my, he certainly did not read Joyetech's recommendation of 15 - 30W for that coil.

I have no idea cause when I said it tasted burnt he said oh you put the wattage to high.. It would of helped if told me I can only go up .1 more watts from what he set it on. Hahaha. Joy.... hahaha

I'm loving this tank actually. No spitback, really great flavor for such an affordable tank! The rba is super easy to build, all I do is torch is for a quick couple seconds to get the coil nice and lekker. Impressed I am.

I'm loving this tank actually. No spitback, really great flavor for such an affordable tank! The rba is super easy to build, all I do is torch is for a quick couple seconds to get the coil nice and lekker. Impressed I am.
Good to hear. Did you build a vertical or horizontal coil? Build specs - type of wire, gauge, wraps, ohms, ID, please?

Good to hear. Did you build a vertical or horizontal coil? Build specs - type of wire, gauge, wraps, ohms, ID, please?

Vertical for me. 3.5 ID, 0.5ohm 6 wrap. I actually took out the stock coil and cloned it to get the hang of it. kept it as a guide basically. Used a flat screw driver to get the top leg top bend so that it uniforms to the coil. WOrks like a charm. Wicked using normal jap. didnt peel anything

Vertical for me. 3.5 ID, 0.5ohm 6 wrap. I actually took out the stock coil and cloned it to get the hang of it. kept it as a guide basically. Used a flat screw driver to get the top leg top bend so that it uniforms to the coil. WOrks like a charm. Wicked using normal jap. didnt peel anything
Awesome! I cant wait to try this when my rba gunks out!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Awesome! I cant wait to try this when my rba gunks out!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

well worth it hey.

I read something about a syringe method earlier. I didn't try that with my coils. Seems too messy and too much of a task. I just primed the coil with two lekker drops, filled the tank halfway (NOT TO THE MAX LINE) and waited for 5 mins for the coil to saturate, then I blew into the tank and let it soak again for another 5 mins.

Really impressed with this tank.

well worth it hey.

I read something about a syringe method earlier. I didn't try that with my coils. Seems too messy and too much of a task. I just primed the coil with two lekker drops, filled the tank halfway (NOT TO THE MAX LINE) and waited for 5 mins for the coil to saturate, then I blew into the tank and let it soak again for another 5 mins.

Really impressed with this tank.
Did somebody say syringe? :)
It can be messy, using a tweezers to pull the coil out reduces that mess factor considerably.
Before pulling out the coil, I squirt the syringe contents into the Cubis cup or back into the bottle, whatever makes you happy.
That whole process takes under a minute, not 10. :)

Did somebody say syringe? :)
It can be messy, using a tweezers to pull the coil out reduces that mess factor considerably.
Before pulling out the coil, I squirt the syringe contents into the Cubis cup or back into the bottle, whatever makes you happy.
That whole process takes under a minute, not 10. :)

like I said, I didn't try it. Everyone has their own way of doing thing when it comes to vaping. It's the beauty of it. I love it!! if my method doesnt work, there's always another!!!

So after over a month of using the 1ohm coil non-stop I decided to give my cubis a good clean and use the 0.5ohm coil today.
I changed not because the 1ohm was burnt or maxed out (it was still a decent vape) but because I wanted to try the 0.5ohm.
So far i've used it for +-5 hours and it's too airy for me, going to stop past Vaperite before uni tomorrow and pick up a pack of the 1ohm coils.
Cleaning was super easy and dried within an hour as well.
I really have no complaints with this tank therefore I see no reason to not use the image below ;)
:winnerwinner:

Last edited:
Back