Dem builds

Right now this set will have 3x28ga cores and 36ga on the outer. I should really use 38ga but the wire is too thin for me to work with. I only use Gasphase wire for my builds, except for the Flat Ribbon, that I use Kidney Puncher Ni80.
That and I find 38ga wire doesn't handle the heat or high watts very well, I've snapped outer wraps dry burning to work out hot spots. The spool of 38ga I have will be the last I buy.

I used some 0.3mm Flat Ribbon to wrapped around the cores then pressed flat using a pliers.
View attachment 118889

Luckily I had 1 key ring in my kit :)
View attachment 118890

A good start goes a long way so start off slow, the start sets you up for the entire build.
View attachment 118891

I'm almost done now, my eyes are feeling screwy and I've made 2 mistakes already, so I'm taking a break.
Man do I need to get new glasses badly!

I'll post pics of the end result including the mistakes LOL
Thank you for this will give it a go I bought a few keyrings.
Where did you get the flat ribbon and what thickness?
I am left with 26ga, 24ga 34ga 40ga and if I am lucky a little bit of 32ga. Man I miss the day's when a 24ga 30ft spool would last me a year.

Please do let me know your thoughts bro, even criticism is welcome :)

So far I’ve got nothing but good things to say. Granted a new coil always performs well though, it’s after the first dry burn and rewick that I can say for sure if it’s a winner. Need to make some adjustments for the flave but the hadaly is kicking ass and taking names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now this set will have 3x28ga cores and 36ga on the outer. I should really use 38ga but the wire is too thin for me to work with. I only use Gasphase wire for my builds, except for the Flat Ribbon, that I use Kidney Puncher Ni80.
That and I find 38ga wire doesn't handle the heat or high watts very well, I've snapped outer wraps dry burning to work out hot spots. The spool of 38ga I have will be the last I buy.

I used some 0.3mm Flat Ribbon to wrapped around the cores then pressed flat using a pliers.
View attachment 118889

Luckily I had 1 key ring in my kit :)
View attachment 118890

A good start goes a long way so start off slow, the start sets you up for the entire build.
View attachment 118891

I'm almost done now, my eyes are feeling screwy and I've made 2 mistakes already, so I'm taking a break.
Man do I need to get new glasses badly!

I'll post pics of the end result including the mistakes LOL

wow :thumbup:

Thank you for this will give it a go I bought a few keyrings.
Where did you get the flat ribbon and what thickness?
I am left with 26ga, 24ga 34ga 40ga and if I am lucky a little bit of 32ga. Man I miss the day's when a 24ga 30ft spool would last me a year.

I got the 0.4mm Ribbon from The Vape Industry, the Ni80 ribbon was only R180 for 100ft.
If your looking for wire Gasphase has the best wire and pricing locally. 36ga Ni80 is R300 for 260metres (over 700ft) thats very good value for money.
the ribbon in the pictures is 0.3mm which I use when I'm Framing with 28ga. The 0.4mm ribbon is for when Framing with 26ga.

Okay so I made quite a few mistakes towards the end, a combination of it being late and eye fatigue. First coil came out perfect, the second coil made from the messed up section not so much. But that's makes no difference I'll still vape using these coils - the pics won't end up on Inst but they will be vaped.

upload_2018-1-13_0-45-40.jpeg

The Perfect Alien (As per my low standards)
upload_2018-1-13_0-50-26.jpeg

The not so perfect but fully vapable sibling...
upload_2018-1-13_0-50-59.jpeg

If you go back in this thread I'm sure you will find examples of my first attempts at the Alien build. There's a marked difference between when I first started and now. This doesn't mean I've perfected them, no not by a long shot!

@Friep I hope this helps you with your builds. Please do keep trying and sharing your builds with us :)

@Friep I hope this helps you with your builds. Please do keep trying and sharing your builds with us :)
Your builds look awesome. Thanks I will definitely do that and I Will definitely keeping sharing. I want to give framed staples a go next. I Will check out the places you mentioned. Thank you for your tips I really appreciate them.

Flip I forgot to respond to your question on how I attach the wires to the swivel and keep them parallel.
What I do is I make 1 core length longer than the other 2 and stick this in the middle. (See the pic where I have the key ring setup)
I make sure this wire is in the middle and I fasten only this wire to the swivel. The key ring keeps the 3 cores together while only the middle core is attached to the swivel.
Trying to attach all three wires never works, at least for me it doesn't.

Last edited:
Your builds look awesome. Thanks I will definitely do that and I Will definitely keeping sharing. I want to give framed staples a go next. I Will check out the places you mentioned. Thank you for your tips I really appreciate them.

Thanks bud, and it's only a pleasure to share what I've picked up and learnt making wire. My fingers are crossed your next build comes out better, and the next one even better and so forth.

I'd suggest checking our @KZOR video on making Framed Staples. It really helped me to become more consistent in making them.
I still clapton the staples by hand but that's a personal thing, I just prefer it that way. If you have a daedalus you could get away with using the Spool Jig to clapton.

Flip I forgot to respond to your question on how I attach the wires to the swivel and keep them parallel.
What I do is I make 1 core length longer than the other 2 and stick this in the middle. (See the pic where I hvae the key ring setup)
I make sure this wire is in the middle and I fasten only this wire to the swivel. The key ring keeps the 3 cores together while only the middle core is attached to the swivel.
Trying to attach all three wires never works, at least for me it doesn't.

Thanks I saw this in a vid and did not really understand what was going on. Now I understand will give it a go.

So far I’ve got nothing but good things to say. Granted a new coil always performs well though, it’s after the first dry burn and rewick that I can say for sure if it’s a winner. Need to make some adjustments for the flave but the hadaly is kicking ass and taking names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the flave get the coil as low down as possible, you'll get a cooler, more flavorful vape. Glad you're enjoying it in the Hadaly bro

Congrats on the coiling @Greyz
So much determination and perseverance!
I see the coiling rabbit hole is a deep and time consuming one ;-)

Congrats on the coiling @Greyz
So much determination and perseverance!
I see the coiling rabbit hole is a deep and time consuming one ;-)
Thank you @Silver, I can confirm the Rabbit hole is deep, very deep.
Here's hoping there's a medal at the other end

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

I got the 0.4mm Ribbon from The Vape Industry, the Ni80 ribbon was only R180 for 100ft.
If your looking for wire Gasphase has the best wire and pricing locally. 36ga Ni80 is R300 for 260metres (over 700ft) thats very good value for money.
the ribbon in the pictures is 0.3mm which I use when I'm Framing with 28ga. The 0.4mm ribbon is for when Framing with 26ga.

Okay so I made quite a few mistakes towards the end, a combination of it being late and eye fatigue. First coil came out perfect, the second coil made from the messed up section not so much. But that's makes no difference I'll still vape using these coils - the pics won't end up on Inst but they will be vaped.

View attachment 118894

The Perfect Alien (As per my low standards)
View attachment 118895

The not so perfect but fully vapable sibling...
View attachment 118896

If you go back in this thread I'm sure you will find examples of my first attempts at the Alien build. There's a marked difference between when I first started and now. This doesn't mean I've perfected them, no not by a long shot!

good job !!!!

My favorite build x2 on a Dead Rabbit RDA, 0.13ohm at 100w, flavor for days. Also I'm quite pleased with how tight my alien wrapping has gottenIMG_20180113_134832.jpg

Hi guys

Just been treated with possiblythe best build you can put into a atty.....alien framed staple coming in at 0.25ohms.

Works amazingly in my capo sqounker.

What a pleasure.

I want to thank @KZOR for an amazing setup and for making vaping such a pleasure.IMG_20180120_103427.jpg IMG_20180120_103035.jpg

It's no surprise that the 5 core alien has become my favorite build in pretty much every atomizer, it just works insanely well. Perfect heat and flavor, the 29ga cores dissipate heat very quickly, ramp up is instant even on higher resistance on a mech, did I mention the flavor? Here's some I made today for a couple of my buddies. Really rewarding when they come out this good, getting better with each batch too :)View attachment 118630
29g is fine

how much whats do u use on them and power mode or temp?

Currently running them at 50w power mode and must say the ramp up is great flavour is great the goon v 1.5 is one of the drippers that disappointed me a bit but with this build it seems to shine really enjoying the vape from it can't wait to build it with some aliens when I get them right.

Don't know what I was thinking going with 2mm id but atleast it's not dry hitting expected it to dry out quickly.
Im guessing here but have you got the new Daedalus v2?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Back