Dem builds

@vicTor Mr @Moey_Ismail is correct, also because I use single battery mods I'm not a fan of very low ohm builds.... sure my battery can handle the current but i just don't like how builds below +-0.3 Ohms cause my mod to heat up and battery to run flat rapidly. So to compensate for the low resistance of 3 strands of 28 I wrapped it at 3.5

Also another note to mention, less airflow gives me more flavour ... so the coil size also cut the airflow a little bit

@vicTor Mr @Moey_Ismail is correct, also because I use single battery mods I'm not a fan of very low ohm builds.... sure my battery can handle the current but i just don't like how builds below +-0.3 Ohms cause my mod to heat up and battery to run flat rapidly. So to compensate for the low resistance of 3 strands of 28 I wrapped it at 3.5

Also another note to mention, less airflow gives me more flavour ... so the coil size also cut the airflow a little bit

thanks @Smoke_A_Llama and @Moey_Ismail for the explanation

I want to try a 3.5 ID build myself and experiment a bit

@KZOR those squiggly coils you gave me are incredible! Will post a pic in the morning!

Not sure if there is another thread like this
Show us those builds

Just made this one 6 loops
3 per side 5wraps each
28g kanthal 3mm dia
1.18 ohm
Wicked zigzag with jap organic cotton

980f69c2d36c2e4398200ec72c5b53dc.jpg

d7c04348f14f01d107e2de4508e8ad03.jpg

acfe3426b188ae5765d7b5f3573f400a.jpg

660e5a7dc14be390cc55656705432ee2.jpg

f85e1c98e6804f7b2feac2f3b9444b3a.jpg
Looks sick bro, I would love a build like that!

"Hey what's this.....Oh just a spool of wire, lets see what i can do with this." (Famous last words as falling down rabbit hole)

My very first wraps :nod: ( Kanthal A1 24G )
Real.jpg

Because they went down so easy i thought i step it up a bit o_O
20180127_164201 (2).jpg

I realized my mistakes and corrected. (But did not cut a long enough length on this 1)
20180127_164217 (2).jpg

Finally on the third round i think i kept her on the straight and narrow and she rewarded me with this beauty :p (Sorry for the blur no macro :--P)
20180127_164346 (2).jpg
Building you own coils are super fun and to vape on something that was just a spool of wire 5 min ago is something special. :CHUKKLING:

"Hey what's this.....Oh just a spool of wire, lets see what i can do with this." (Famous last words as falling down rabbit hole)

My very first wraps :nod: ( Kanthal A1 24G )
View attachment 120451

Because they went down so easy i thought i step it up a bit o_O
View attachment 120452

I realized my mistakes and corrected. (But did not cut a long enough length on this 1)
View attachment 120453

Finally on the third round i think i kept her on the straight and narrow and she rewarded me with this beauty :p (Sorry for the blur no macro :--P)
View attachment 120454
Building you own coils are super fun and to vape on something that was just a spool of wire 5 min ago is something special. :CHUKKLING:

Very good for your first time. Keep going and post images here. You might win a medal :)

Today’s efforts, was running low on coils so ha to bang some up. Deff need to try some more interesting coils.

A2F64DE9-201B-499B-9B2F-D09DD6A5D8B8.jpeg

Nothing fancy to write home about but am quite satisfied (bar the one F up on the far right) some reason :rolleyes:

2.5mm
28x2 and 36 ni80
0.43 Ohms

Screenshot_20180129-182747.png Screenshot_20180129-182726.png

Really curious to try 29awg out

Posted a video earlier on a alien framed staple build and decided to give my Entheon one last chance. I think she realised i was serious and stepped up to the plate. Flavour is better and at such a point that i would use her more often now. :)
Build : 28ga SS bordering 6x0.3 nichr80 ribbons and aliened with 36ga SS
Ohm : 0.24
20180208_154728.jpg

Posted a video earlier on a alien framed staple build and decided to give my Entheon one last chance. I think she realised i was serious and stepped up to the plate. Flavour is better and at such a point that i would use her more often now.
Build : 28ga SS bordering 6x0.3 nichr80 ribbons and aliened with 36ga SS
Ohm : 0.24
View attachment 121642

When I got my SXK Entheon I had a tricore fused clapton in it,and my first impression was “ooo nou het ek k@k gekoop”...was very hot,spitback like hell. So I pulled out the clapton and shoved a alien in,at about .18 ohm she runs quite nice.

What put you off initially,I remember that you didnt dislike it THAT much in your review?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What put you off initially
I am not a big fan of the airflow that split on either side. Gives you the false impression of greater airflow. Enjoy the intake of the Hadaly way more.
This atty also heated up quickly and the driptip options suck major arse.
Flavour was descent despite the fact that i had a flavour monster framed staple in. I lifted the coil more this time around and gave it a coil with more surface area and this seemed to help more. :)

I am not a big fan of the airflow that split on either side. Gives you the false impression of greater airflow. Enjoy the intake of the Hadaly way more.
Flavour was descent despite the fact that i had a flavour monster framed staple in. I lifted the coil more this time around and gave it a coil with more surface area and this seemed to help more. :)

I also have my coil so the bottom of the coil is just just visible through air slots.

The nice thing about the split airflow is the single hole in top cap is higher preventing over squonking,but I get what you are saying.

You should talk to Tyrone from Twisted Tips for a Entheon tip like I got,makes a huge difference.

efa1176e1b03988d96f3331860809123.jpg

I also have my coil so the bottom of the coil is just just visible through air slots.

The nice thing about the split airflow is the single hole in top cap is higher preventing over squonking,but I get what you are saying.

You should talk to Tyrone from Twisted Tips for a Entheon tip like I got,makes a huge difference.

efa1176e1b03988d96f3331860809123.jpg

Back