Dem builds

Can relate to this my attempts last name night:View attachment 132692
Some things that worked for me today:
Use a shorter piece I used 16cm for my ribbon and borders. So that gives me 8cm that I am working with easier to keep that stable.
@smilelykumeenit made the suggestion that I use the wire that I am wrapping with to keep them parallel and to go as tight as humanly possible. Then I do multiple of these little fastners and slide them up as I wrap. (This does not work with the stagered ones they do not slide lol) hope you come alright the frames really produce awesome flavour.View attachment 132694
The above one is too loose tightend it more. But to give an idea every 2cm there is a little fastner.View attachment 132695
The above one shows all the little fastners I slid up.
I did the same with the "sliders" and the coil wrapped relatively well for my level. My problem was when wrapped them around my screw driver. The ribbon part flipped to its side . I'm thinking maybe I didn't wrap them with enough tension.

I did the same with the "sliders" and the coil wrapped relatively well for my level. My problem was when wrapped them around my screw driver. The ribbon part flipped to its side . I'm thinking maybe I didn't wrap them with enough tension.
Watch Squidoode on YouTube, think his channel is called The Art of Vaping. He uses a vice to secure one end while he wraps with a lot of tension holding the opposite end with a plier. Here's the link

Watch Squidoode on YouTube, think his channel is called The Art of Vaping. He uses a vice to secure one end while he wraps with a lot of tension holding the opposite end with a plier. Here's the link

I think my other issue was I used 0.5x0.1 ribbon with 28g.... maybe 26g would have held up better. Then my ohms would have low low tho...

Right so my first attempt at this...battling with the tension on the claptoning so I keep snapping,but I have built A coil...just one
9c518e873a16b3906f9ea2651b8eefdb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daaaaamn @Jp1905 those coils look excellent! Can hardly believe it’s your first try, great job! :campeon:

2x24/40...I keep putting too much tension on clapton and snap the core against the chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you dont mind me asking, how are you securing the high gauge wire to the chuck ??

Oh I see its 40awg... that stuff is a pita to work with

If you dont mind me asking, how are you securing the high gauge wire to the chuck ??

Oh I see its 40awg... that stuff is a pita to work with
I give each of the two ends a 90 degree bend and let them stand to the side with the core in the centre of the chuck,the claptoning I push through the two core wires and wrap it around the one 90 degree leg.

I give each of the two ends a 90 degree bend and let them stand to the side with the core in the centre of the chuck,the claptoning I push through the two core wires and wrap it around the one 90 degree leg.
try wrapping the 40 around the 2 strands of 24 a few times before securing them in the jaws and the continue with your method :)

Try No4... staple staggered fused Clapton.
Went with 28/36 staggered borders, 6 x (0.5x0.1) ribbon, claptoned with 36. All n80.

Build went relatively well. Apart from the spots that I jumped... making the coils was a FAIL. I'm going to still give them a try out and pretend they are spaced coils...

Not a nice feeling when u get the initial work done only to FAIL on wrapping the coil. School fees I guess.

Attachments

• 20180525_161030.jpg
    20180525_161030.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20180525_160449.jpg
    20180525_160449.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20180525_163241.jpg
    20180525_163241.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 35
Went with 28/36 staggered borders, 6 x (0.5x0.1) ribbon, claptoned with 36. All n80.

Build went relatively well. Apart from the spots that I jumped... making the coils was a FAIL. I'm going to still give them a try out and pretend they are spaced coils...

Not a nice feeling when u get the initial work done only to FAIL on wrapping the coil. School fees I guess.
How do you wrap your coils? What do you use, do you do it by hand or with a coilmaster? Etc

Thats awesome @Jp1905
Congrats!

Well done man those stagerd clapton looks awesome how did you get them to line up?

Back