Giggles

Worth watching. Its brilliant

I still get called about once a month from the so called "Windows Service Centre"
This is classic

After watching The Force Awakens last night, all I could think about was Rey's Speeder (10,000 watt box mod!)

star wars.jpg

Another one that gets me often is why South Africans call a traffic light a robot. Imagine how that sounds to foreigners... "we have robots that control our traffic"... and they are like... "WOAH, such advanceness from a country where we thought lions were running around in the streets".
Strictly speaking the definition of a robot is:
a machine capable of carrying out a complex series of actions automatically, especially one programmable by a computer.

So yes our "traffic lights" are robots.

If you want to be even more pedantic about it then "traffic lights" would infer the lights visible through traffic which are emitted from the vehicles which contribute to said traffic.

Strictly speaking the definition of a robot is:
a machine capable of carrying out a complex series of actions automatically, especially one programmable by a computer.

So yes our "traffic lights" are robots.

If you want to be even more pedantic about it then "traffic lights" would infer the lights visible through traffic which are emitted from the vehicles which contribute to said traffic.

"Giggles"...

But thanks for the explanation anyways ;)

Back