HE v non-HE

I don't mind people saying their HE gear is better because, in many cases, it will be. This is just common sense. If I buy a R100k DLSR digital camera with a bunch of lenses and the latest chipset, of course it's going to be higher quality and take better photos than a R1000 point-and-click cheapie. If I buy the very latest Jaguar, of course it will offer higher performance and a more luxurious ride than a second-hand Opel. If I order a genuine duck down duvet with a genuine brushed satin duvet cover from a fashion house in Paris, of course it's going to be better than a poly duvet and cover set from Sheet Street.

None of these things is in question. What is in question is this: do I need it? If my only need for a camera is to snap hand checks, vape mail and happy clappies at birthday parties, I don't need a R250k pro rig with fifteen lenses and the highest resolution chip on the market. My cell phone camera will suffice.

So, do I need HE vape gear? Simple answer: no. I am satisfying a nicotine addiction, not making a personal style statement. I applied the same to smoking. There is no doubt that a gold Cartier lighter is a much higher quality item than a plastic Bic. Yet I always used a plastic Bic while I was smoking. Its function is to light the tobacco, not to be a personal style statement, so the Bic does the job just fine. Give me decent flavour and a reasonable cloud from my vape gear and I'm happy. For the same reason, I am quite happy to drink Castle or Amstel. I don't need craft beer delivered specially from a little-known brewery in Croatia at R78 a bottle. Yes, the imported craft beer might have that subtle clove note in the background, and have 1.8% more bubbles in the head than Castle does. And there may well be people whose lives would be miserable if they had to do without that clove note and those 1.8% bubbles. But I am not one of them. Castle is fine for me. So is an LE vape. Gryp 'n dop, kap 'n skyf en daar gat ons.
This is what raises the ultimate question for me with regards to HE gear - does it really improve your vape?

Some atties certainly provide better flavour, but for the average vaper would they be able to discern the difference between a good rda and a HE rda? And if they do, is it enough to justify the price/hassle of acquiring the HE atty?

When it comes to HE mods I think it's purely aesthetics and personal taste. A mod fires the coil, that's it. A good quality mod is going to fire a coil just as well as a HE mod. Maybe the construction is better (in some cases) but the vape isn't. Again, is the price/hassle worth it?

So what does HE offer? Quality? Looks? Style? Status? Possibly some or all of those. But a better vape? I don't know, I'm not convinced.

This is what raises the ultimate question for me with regards to HE gear - does it really improve your vape?

Some atties certainly provide better flavour, but for the average vaper would they be able to discern the difference between a good rda and a HE rda? And if they do, is it enough to justify the price/hassle of acquiring the HE atty?

When it comes to HE mods I think it's purely aesthetics and personal taste. A mod fires the coil, that's it. A good quality mod is going to fire a coil just as well as a HE mod. Maybe the construction is better (in some cases) but the vape isn't. Again, is the price/hassle worth it?

So what does HE offer? Quality? Looks? Style? Status? Possibly some or all of those. But a better vape? I don't know, I'm not convinced.

Personally i dont believe it can have anything to do with the vape quality. It's purely about aesthetics. HE mods will perform exactly the same as a clone would if both used the same electronics boards i.e DNA boards.
HE atomizers are in majority of cases been made at a higher level of machining, meaning the finished product will look flawless, where as clones tend not to be. As for the vape experiences on these atomizers they should be the same depending on the coil builder/coils used.

A billet box is in essence, a much sexy'er version of a Subtank kit (mod+tank) we used to buy back in the day. Can't deal with that idea, well lets put it to the test then?

Afaik the flavour of an atty is determined by things like the size of the chamber and the airflow dynamics. Seeing as clones are generally direct copies, I can't see how a clone wouldn't reproduce the flavour. Yes, the original might have hardened screws that don't strip as easily. But does having non-strip screws improve the vape flavour?

The other thing is that even if it is better, how important is that? I enjoy the occasional chocolate. There are shops near me that import the finest and most expensive chocolates to be found anywhere. I am sure that their chocolates are higher quality and taste better than, say, a Bar-One. Does this mean that I now can't eat Bar-Ones, that they taste gross to me, that I will feel inferior or unsatisfied if I have to make do with a "LE" Bar-One? Of course not. Bar-One is delicious, I'll gobble it down, smack my lips and come back for more. I don't live for the taste of chocolate. So not having the very finest is not an issue for me.

Afaik the flavour of an atty is determined by things like the size of the chamber and the airflow dynamics. Seeing as clones are generally direct copies, I can't see how a clone wouldn't reproduce the flavour. Yes, the original might have hardened screws that don't strip as easily. But does having non-strip screws improve the vape flavour?

The other thing is that even if it is better, how important is that? I enjoy the occasional chocolate. There are shops near me that import the finest and most expensive chocolates to be found anywhere. I am sure that their chocolates are higher quality and taste better than, say, a Bar-One. Does this mean that I now can't eat Bar-Ones, that they taste gross to me, that I will feel inferior or unsatisfied if I have to make do with a "LE" Bar-One? Of course not. Bar-One is delicious, I'll gobble it down, smack my lips and come back for more. I don't live for the taste of chocolate. So not having the very finest is not an issue for me.

I agree with you @RichJB - but I think Inside Story is better than Bar-One :p

^^^ These are fighting words. Don't make me get out the whiteboard and the coloured pens now.

^^^ These are fighting words. Don't make me get out the whiteboard and the coloured pens now.

Ooh.... promises promises... ;-)

Reading through this thread, my conclusion: the Chinese sweat shop owners know their Western client base as penny-wise-but pound-foolish.

clone vs the real McCoy; i.e Kayfun etc.

I might be wrong but most people actually say the sxk Kayfun beats the real one by miles

Well most comments if seen. Some of it coming from the authentic owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be wrong but most people actually say the sxk Kayfun beats the real one by miles

Well most comments if seen. Some of it coming from the authentic owners

I won't know, bitten a couple of times with clones, never again.

Well how can that statement be made without any comparison about the kayfun?

Just asking?

Ok - bought a cloned Kayfun 3. something cheap-n-nasty-made-in-a-hell-of-a-hurry-in china a couple of years ago, the thing pissed juice like a Fordson Major tractror from day one, bought, the authentic a month later, zero leaks and still working on me Limelight e-pipe to this day without leaks (in the interim I received a clone Russian 99%, who also leaked like a hoar that broke a couple of seals). The statement was made on a fact; the West want cheap and the Chinese are willing to deliver cheap, irrespective of design, quality and/or tolerances.

Reading through this thread, my conclusion: the Chinese sweat shop owners know their Western client base as penny-wise-but pound-foolish.
So every company in china runs sweatshops? Pretty ******* racist.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

So every company in china runs sweatshops? Pretty ******* racist.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

I'm not going to get dragged into a futile battle. I have an office in China since 1997, 90% of cheap shite are manufactured in sweat shops - btw Hitler was a racist.

Perfect and it's comment like that making the average smoker who can't afford he gear to pick up another pack of cigarettes instead of buying a vape setup he can afford

I this think thread needs to be archived after some deleted posts. The point of the thread has long since been answered and enough articulate information has been gathered. Ecigg Bosses please advise @Silver for e.g.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I this think thread needs to be archived after some deleted posts. The point of the thread has long since been answered and enough articulate information has been gathered. Ecigg Bosses please advise @Silver for e.g.

I agree, this is getting out of hand.

I think thread needs to be archived after some deleted post. The point of the thread has long since been answered and enough articulate information has been gathered. Ecigg Bosses please advise @Silver for e.g.

Will all other treads also be archived after 10 pages of comments?

Or is this only due to some of the he people being intimidated by valid points ?

Back