Introduce Yourselves:

Hey all. I'm drew from CT. First tried vaping way back when the cig-a-likes came out, wasn't impressed at all and it didn't help me to cut down smoking at all. Got myself a cheapy ego style ce4 set last year, under R200 for 2! I didn't realise then what rubbish it was but it did the trick. I had been smoking for 13 years and finally quit and started vaping on Friday the 13th of December 2013. That must mean something to the superstitious.

Now I'm onto an ego-v v3 with iclear16's and waiting on slowtech to deliver a whole bunch of goodies. What I'm mostly looking forward to is the Sigelei zmax flat top and protank2. I'm now lie-ing when I tell people vaping is cheaper than smoking :p

Well that's enough rambling for now...

Welcome to the forum @drew. Amazing how the vape gear has improved. I also tried vaping something about 2 years ago and it didnt work. Was quite a laugh. How things have changed. Well done on quitting stinkies!

Hi Vaporers. I am Andre, joined today. Reside in KZN and been vaporing since 6 Nov 2013, just going onto 3 months now. Best thing ever!! No stinkies since then. Tried once, about 3 weeks back...took two draws...most awful taste ever...squashed it lol. May ecigs always be available!! Don't know what I will do without it...stink again??? Hell no. Still finding my way around the forum. Nice to meet all :cool:

Welcome to the forum @Andremal. Well done for quitting stinkies for nearly 3 months. Great achievement. Wishing you all the best for your vaping in 2014 -)

welcome guys the community is growing daily!!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Im probably a little late on my introduction as I have been browsing and commenting on the forum for about a month now, but let me formally introduce myself.
My name is Pierre and Im a 31 year old architectural draftsman from Richards Bay.
I had my first introduction to e-cigarettes in 2010 - If I remember correctly it was a Ego style battery with an Apache atomizer. I really enjoyed it, but devices back then were really unreliable and I only stuck with it for a year and defaulted back to analogs.
In may 2013 I bought a vision spinner and a protank mini 2. How much things have changed since I vaped last. I can now say that stinkies are permanently a thing of the past for me. Looking forward to learning from you peeps on the forum and building some new relationships.

Sent via giant nuclear powered duck.

Welcome officially @Spiri, have seen your posts on the forum. Looks like the KZN vapers are growing fast on the forum ;-) interestingly, i am also currently on a protank 2 mini with Vision Spinner battery. Works very nicely for me. Good luck for the vaping and well done for being off the stinkies!

Sent via a morse code tapping device

Hi all u Vapers. I have been vaping for just under 3 months. Started with the Greensmoke option...less hassle to get going, but quite expensive. They do have some very nice flavors. Started tinkering with them and filled them up myself with some e-juice. Got my my 1st tanky majiggy - T3 or H2..one of those..in the beginning of Jan 2014, and then a iclear16 2 weeks ago. built a feww coils already. Still staying of the analogs since i started, and loving the secene...

Welcome Rex. Wow, i also have used GreenSmoke but havent tried refilling them. I agree with you that the flavours are nice. My favourites are Absolute tobacco, red Label tobacco and Moccha mist. Sounds like you are well on your way! All the best

Hello people,

My name is Ilse. I am from Joburg - mother to (Silver 1)
Am trying e-cigs to try cut down on smoking.
Been smoking Rothmans blue for 50 years - about 30 per day.
My son got me twisps and green smoke - so far I am enjoying it and am smoking less.
Have enjoyed reading some of the posts on this forum.

Ek vind julle baie snaaks!

Hello people,

My son got me twisps and green smoke - so far I am enjoying it and am smoking less.

Hi Ma ;-)

So glad you finally joined... Welcome and enjoy the forum!

Vape those things stukkend!

Welcome @Poppie @Spiri @Rex Smit !!!

All the best with your quest to discover vaping glory and getting rid of those stinkys!

Mmmmm... dalk moet ek my ma ook voorstel aan die forum! My mom and my inlaws are devoted vapers and completely quit the analogs more than a year ago after 40 plus years of smoking!

Im probably a little late on my introduction as I have been browsing and commenting on the forum for about a month now, but let me formally introduce myself.
My name is Pierre and Im a 31 year old architectural draftsman from Richards Bay.
I had my first introduction to e-cigarettes in 2010 - If I remember correctly it was a Ego style battery with an Apache atomizer. I really enjoyed it, but devices back then were really unreliable and I only stuck with it for a year and defaulted back to analogs.
In may 2013 I bought a vision spinner and a protank mini 2. How much things have changed since I vaped last. I can now say that stinkies are permanently a thing of the past for me. Looking forward to learning from you peeps on the forum and building some new relationships.

Sent via giant nuclear powered duck.
Officially welcome, @Spiri. Yeah, vaping has certainly embraced modern technology in the last year or two, and is fast becoming mainstream. Happy vaping.

Hello people,

Hi Ilse, love your Avatar. You should insist on a Vision Spinner (go for the wooden X-Fire) and a Mini Protank 2 from Silver1! And then later on stuff to build your own coils on! Preferably a Reo Grand with Reomizer!
My mother (84 this year) posted me a Greensmoke package some months ago, not knowing I was vaping for about 30 days at the time. Still keeping them as a backup and memento.

Last edited:
Welcome to all the new members, glad to have you all aboard :)

Only found this thread now. Welcome to all the new people, so nice to see this forum growing (and vaping in general)
If you vaping or thinking of vaping and you stay in SA, this is the place to be!

Hi all,
I am Wayne from Alberton and a first prize noob in the vaping world. I have been attached to analogues for longer than I care to remember.
Someone asked me a few weeks ago why I don't try e-cigs and I promptly forgot about it (conveniently obviously :p). Watching the football on Saturday I saw an advert for e-cigs in the UK and started looking around.
The information on this site is epic and with plenty of reading and video watching I ordered a KangerTech EVOD starter kit and some juice from eciggies which arrived this morning.
I am looking forward to testing various juice and getting to know the in's and out's of vaping.

Hi all,
I am Wayne from Alberton and a first prize noob in the vaping world. I have been attached to analogues for longer than I care to remember.
Someone asked me a few weeks ago why I don't try e-cigs and I promptly forgot about it (conveniently obviously :p). Watching the football on Saturday I saw an advert for e-cigs in the UK and started looking around.
The information on this site is epic and with plenty of reading and video watching I ordered a KangerTech EVOD starter kit and some juice from eciggies which arrived this morning.
I am looking forward to testing various juice and getting to know the in's and out's of vaping.
Awesome choice! Welcome to the forum!!

Hi all,
A warm welcome Wayne. All the best with vaping, and if you have any questions, please ask away. We all started somewhere and love to share our experience.

Welcome to this forum, you will find plenty advice around here! I started the same route, accidental research, then Evod, finding and experimenting juices and so on....never looked back ;)

Welcome Wayne. ... vape on bru. .. vape it stukkend. Chuck those stinky smokes for good.

Check out our forum sponsors for e juice, they'll hook you up

Welcome Wayne! All the best for your vaping future. May the vaping forces be with you...

Back