Introduce Yourselves:

Hi all

Kicked the smokes 2 years ago after 18 years now thanks to a Twisp. That's where it ended for me with the Twisp, just got me off the smokes but then I wanted to enjoy the Vaping experience, I prefer MTL and lots of flavour, not so much into making vapor clouds. Recently acquired a Joyetech VTC Mini and in search now for the best MTL/Flavour tank so will trawl the posts here and see what I can dig up.

Cheers
Welcome to the forum @BWS! This is a special place and the people here are super friendly and helpful. Check out this recent thread on flavour chasing tanks: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/flavour-chasing-tanks.t17910/#post-303529

Hi all

Kicked the smokes 2 years ago after 18 years now thanks to a Twisp. That's where it ended for me with the Twisp, just got me off the smokes but then I wanted to enjoy the Vaping experience, I prefer MTL and lots of flavour, not so much into making vapor clouds. Recently acquired a Joyetech VTC Mini and in search now for the best MTL/Flavour tank so will trawl the posts here and see what I can dig up.

Cheers

Welcome @BWS
Congrats on the vaping and quitting the stinkies! Excellent achievement after 18 years of smoking!!
Enjoy your stay here. Lots of fun, excitement and helpful members.

Your question is a great one. MTL Flavour tanks are not easy to come by in my opinion. I have tried a few but not all. Currently, I am getting great flavour from the Lemo1 - but its not really MTL, more restrictive lung hit. But not big air at all. Flavour for me for menthol fruity juices on that tank is quite amazing, so pure and sharp. It is an old tank so not easy to come by. The Taifun 2 GT Lemaga Clone I found to be very similar. Check it out.

But the best mouth to lung allround flavour for me comes from a RM2 atty on my REO. But that's not a tank, it's a bottom fed dripper.

Welcome @BWS. I too am a MTL vaper and I use the Aspire Triton 2 with the 1.8 Ohm MTL coil. I have 5 of them and they are great for MTL if you use the appropriate coil. These tanks are highly regarded overseas but don't seem to be too popular in SA.

Cheers BubiSparks

I was thinking of that exact one, checking its specs out on Vapeshop. Looks to be built like a brick sh*thouse as well

Cheers BubiSparks

I was thinking of that exact one, checking its specs out on Vapeshop. Looks to be built like a brick sh*thouse as well
Build quality is always good from Aspire... The first version was a bit tougher with a cage around the glass but harder to clean. If you can wait for the overnight shipping it's cheapest (even with shipping costs) at VapeClub in Benoni.

Welcome @BWS. I too am a MTL vaper and I use the Aspire Triton 2 with the 1.8 Ohm MTL coil. I have 5 of them and they are great for MTL if you use the appropriate coil. These tanks are highly regarded overseas but don't seem to be too popular in SA.
How long does the 1.8 ohm coil last you or how many mls do you get on one, please?

How long does the 1.8 ohm coil last you or how many mls do you get on one, please?
Coils last minimum 2 weeks. I had one go for a month - was pretty black but flavour was still good. It depends on the juice of course. I do about 5ml's a day. I also rewick these jobbies - really easy compared to other off the shelf coils.

Hello Ecigssa, Im Darryn, a Capetonian

I worked as a taxi driver of Computer Mania this year to my discovery of the Twisp world. I wanted an alternative to rolling my cigarettes in traffic and a twisp at least served that purpose. I didn't need to balance the action of
I despised it when initally seeing it and now I still kind of do - because it doesn't allow the Twispers to make their own coils and wicks- they want to nail you fifty bucks a shot each time you want a new one?

So vapeMOB was the shit in terms of introducing to the vapor world. however, I also had many different experiences at this retailer. It helped me discover that this world is so much bigger underground in our country at least, than the retailers who want to chew your money like chewing gum.

Started sub-ohming with a sub-tank mini on a 30w istick from Eleaf - never had a problem - battery always lasted a full day - and then I charged it like a cellphone :p nightly .

This was all cool, but i had wasted so much money along the way, I wish I had found the best place initially to buy from.

I upgraded to 100W with another istick to the furnish a Lush RDA ->>> Startefavouring tastes from the RDA until I upgraded the subtank to the Bellus by UD... That RDTA blew my freaking brain away. It doesn't have juice control like the Crius, but it blows away flavours and maximum cloud production without juice control. It also rejuices the wicks itself.

Also dabbled into the Rayon streak, with better flavours than with cotton, and then I mixed the two materials together to get a very fine in-between balance too.

The end of 2015 brought about the Crius and a Goblin Mini, which are binaries to each other. The one requires a screw to refill it and the other has a driptip that lifts with the lid [Crius latter] you can guess which is better.

But into 2016, this Bellus and Crius is going to work togeth---> to produce tastes and clouds like no other. Vaping at a desk job now, but treated like a smoker - > go outside -
I can only stealthvape every now and again :p

Welcome @Darryn Du Plessis
Thanks for the detailed intro - and congrats on the vaping - sounds like you are now pretty well sorted!
I agree that one wastes quite a bit of cash getting to the point where one is satisfied - but then again, one would not be able to fully appreciate the ideal setup if it came along first...
Enjoy your stay

@Silver

I saved a bucketload I reckon by reading posts here first (before I signed up). I'm hoping my next purchase will round it off, going to pull the trigger on a Kanger Subtank Mini and build my own :)

Darryn Du Plessis said:
but treated like a smoker - > go outside -

I know right.. I work on the 10th Floor in my Building in Town.. With the world's Slowest Elevator.. so if i want to take a puff.. i gotta go all the way down take a puff or 2, then mission all the way back up to my desk. Stealth Vaping doesn't Help as my Boss Office is DIRECTLY Behind my Desk, :(

I know right.. I work on the 10th Floor in my Building in Town.. With the world's Slowest Elevator.. so if i want to take a puff.. i gotta go all the way down take a puff or 2, then mission all the way back up to my desk. Stealth Vaping doesn't Help as my Boss Office is DIRECTLY Behind my Desk, :(
Stealth vape that in the elevator on the way down. Ive smoked in the absa building [capetown] before and set off no smoke alarms.

Stealth vape that in the elevator on the way down. Ive smoked in the absa building [capetown] before and set off no smoke alarms.

Perception is still a problem and may be for some time I reckon. Even though it won't set off any alarms or actually harm anybody there is always a risk of bumping into "that" person...we all know the one. Ignorant, obtuse and just plain difficult. I'm nervous of that so I prefer to just go outside. Though the office gets clouded up nicely if everybody's gone home and it's just me left...☁️

That being said though, I must be impartial and admit that there are a number of people that really like the smell of a good e juice being vaped up. Even more so once they realize that it's not "smoke".

That being said though, I must be impartial and admit that there are a number of people that really like the smell of a good e juice being vaped up. Even more so once they realize that it's not "smoke".
I believe it blesses the atmosphere.
I'll stealthvape anywhere that needs a good water vapour cleansing.

Hi

Great forum, have been browsing it for a while, and finally decided to join today.

I smoked for 6 years, and have been vaping for 2 years, at first I was a duel user (only vaping when i ran out of cigs), and began with a R50 flea market no name kit, later switched to the Innokin Itaste kit with mini pt3, and later the Emow Mega Kit, and various other no name tanks and VV batteries, I stayed a duel user until i bought the Ijust2 kit in November, the ijust2 kit with a 0.5 ohm coil and 18mg juice.

I am not into fancy and expensive gear yet, and funny enough don't worry about big clouds, but found that using a sub-ohm kit with 18mg juice was the only alternative for cigarettes for me.

Hi

Great forum, have been browsing it for a while, and finally decided to join today.

I smoked for 6 years, and have been vaping for 2 years, at first I was a duel user (only vaping when i ran out of cigs), and began with a R50 flea market no name kit, later switched to the Innokin Itaste kit with mini pt3, and later the Emow Mega Kit, and various other no name tanks and VV batteries, I stayed a duel user until i bought the Ijust2 kit in November, the ijust2 kit with a 0.5 ohm coil and 18mg juice.

I am not into fancy and expensive gear yet, and funny enough don't worry about big clouds, but found that using a sub-ohm kit with 18mg juice was the only alternative for cigarettes for me.
Most welcome from the browsing shadows. Awesome that the iJust2 kit with 18 mg juice has helped you to kick the stinky habit finally. Congrats. Happy vaping.

Hi

Welcome to the forum @E.T.
Congrats on the vaping and wishing you well from here on
Regarding the 18mg - I have found exactly the same thing!
All the best and enjoy your stay

Hi Guys,

This Forum Is amazing, I can spend all day on here :_)

Fairly new to Vaping, 5 weeks or so now :) Im loving the new interest. Finding new devices and researching them and then of course looking up all juices I want to and NEED to try!!
I have so far bought the Kangertech Subox Mini/Subox Nano / Nebox and the Subvod and still in search of my OMG device.. The only reason Ive stayed with Kangertech is because they all take the same coils. Im very keen to try other set-ups in the new future too.

Any suggestions on devices would be awesome.

Back