Introduce Yourselves:

HI Guys,

Would like to reintroduce myself as i Have not been on the forum in ages. The names Kunal currently in JHB/Sandton.

I have been vaping for 2 years now. Starting off from a long wick flea market special Vape... then twisp, all types of cleros, then into RTAs once coils started costing an arm and a leg. I have quite a few mods and am also making Ejuice to further cut down Vaping costs :).
Won the DIY contests in jhb 2 Vape Meets ago. Have been making juices for a few months. I apparently make quite good juices so i have heard from the people that have tried them. Which does not seem to help me as i seem to have permanent vapours tongue from all the vaping lol. Everything just tastes the same to me haha. I even mixed a juice with 30% flavour, Could taste it for about 30 mins and then vapours tongue kicked in. So if any flavour chasers could give me advise on how to sort out my taste buds it would be nice. Maybe i should stop eating hot food?

Anyway hope to hear from all the guys. Great forum.

Cheers and Happy Vaping
Apple cider vinegar (about 1 tbsp) is said to do the trick.I take one everyday as it is said to keep kidney stones at bay as well as other benefits and my vapers tongue is very minimal since I've started the regimen.

Hi Guys,

This Forum Is amazing, I can spend all day on here :_)

Fairly new to Vaping, 5 weeks or so now :) Im loving the new interest. Finding new devices and researching them and then of course looking up all juices I want to and NEED to try!!
I have so far bought the Kangertech Subox Mini/Subox Nano / Nebox and the Subvod and still in search of my OMG device.. The only reason Ive stayed with Kangertech is because they all take the same coils. Im very keen to try other set-ups in the new future too.

Any suggestions on devices would be awesome.

Welcome to the forum @Chezzig
You are right, one can spend hours on here without realising it ;-)
Congrats on the vaping - sounds you are well sorted with the gear!
Enjoy your stay and feel free to ask questions as you go.

Regarding new gear, tell us what type of vape you are after? More airflow, more clouds, more flavour?

Before you get any new gear, have you tried making your own coil on the rebuildable RBA base of the Subtank Mini? I have found it produces a far better vape than the stock commercial coils.

Forgive me for jumping into this site before introducing myself. I just lost myself a bit with this: again: "belated" vaping discovery. I will try to keep it short:

I say belated because it almost feels as if I have missed out. In 2007, or 2008, I bought a Twisp imitation cigarette, self starter for I think R599 at my local tobacconist. It broke after 2 weeks . I was totally put off with "Electronic cigarettes". A few "e friends" told me it was a Gimmick. Fast forward some 8 yrs later, I visit the Twisp store at my local mall, chatted to the polite gentleman twice, and then hastily buying the Twisp Aero. Only AFTER that I Google vaping. The next thing I know, My nicotine craving eyes are wide open to a massive -- kledoscopic world of vaping that I never knew existed. Truly: I was blown away!

Clearly there is somethig wrong here. And it's all about advertising. Obviously due to a ban on advertising tobacco products, vaping has been boxed into that same category as a "tobacco product." So, due to that lack of advertising I never knew what was out there and that I had so many more reliable and "rebuildable" options. OMG, I really feel like I was left behind.

Twisp cleverly advertises their product. They are clearly a diligent South African Company, no doubt, and by having kiosk in major shopping malls with a promise if personal service and advice, that's a big drawcard and a sound reason why I personally have one.

I must admit. In context my Twisp Aero is not without its faults. But the unit, and many many other brands are a massive revalation of how far technology has evolved in only 8 to 10 yrs!

I am so into vaping that within 7 days after the hasty Twisp Aero purchase I acquired my own decent box, 1 tank and one dripper. This has to be one of the best hobbies I have started. The hobby itself is as addictive nicotine!

Born in Benoni, I was a naughty little... I picked up first analogue ciggy at age12. Bought my first pack of 20 Chesterfield for 46c at 14 in1980. Camel was 74c. I have smoked on and off from then until 9 days ago up to now at age 49 with breaks from 1 year, 2 yrs and 5 yrs max. I was slowly killing myself as a 20 a day nicotine addict. I have now learned that there is a way to enjoy nicotine in a much much more "healthier" delivery system. And you can have fun with flavours and a humungous array of different, reliable high tech, and almost overly powered equipment!

As I like to affectionately say: on new years eve 2015 I became a "born again vapouriser."

Of course, while Googling, I stumbled upon this website. Very impressed. The site being relatively popular and proudly South African, I signed up right away.

I thoroughly enjoy constructive dialogue and genuine "e-fellowship" on websites that discuss my interests.

My real name is displayed....for no particular reason, save to say, I prefer open, honest, candid writing.

My mission here as a guest is to write in a manner that I can not only learn, meet and share with fellow vapers, but to also convince the world that cigarettes really don't make sense anymore. Second to smoking ceaasaton; vaping is the way to go.

We can fuel a revalation here.....

Lastly, I will probably write here a lot, and then move on to the next hobby, as I have done.....so bare with me for a while. But somehow, I cannot see myself stopping vaping very soon. It is simply too good to be true.

I live on the ouskirts of Durban. I have only found 1 decent vape shop and that's in Gateway Unhlanga. I'll be back!

See you on the forums.....

Sent from Samsung S4 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum @Waine

Thank you for your outstanding intro!!
You are 100% right that vaping is a fabulous hobby
Enough flavours to keep even the most sophisticated palate interested - and enough gear to keep tinkerers very happy for a long long time.

A big congrats on the 9 days - you are doing the tough part now. Wishing you all the best on your journey from here on.

As for the forum, i too could not believe my eyes when I found it. Was way less info on it when I joined but i still remember thinking - OMG, what is going on here - this is something amazing! This forum has definitely been the glue that has kept me going on my journey. The people on here have taught me pretty much everything i know about vaping. I have made some great friends too. We have a special place indeed.

Cheers to you and wishing you all the best for the year ahead

Thanks for the warm welcome Silver... I look forward to many happy hours here. BTW your collection of boxes and tanks is really remarkable, I was impressed and envious LOL. And I can see your dedication to this site.... Awesome stuff!

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome Silver... I look forward to many happy hours here. BTW your collection of boxes is really remarkable, I was impressed and envious LOL. And I can see your dedication to this site.... Awesome stuff!

It all started with a Twisp Clearo in Oct 2013 ;-)
Still going..... Still testing.....
Vaping for the win - big time!

Welcome to all the new members! You have found a home here! These guys are really amazing and give me tips and tricks daily. They also instill a deep FOMO every bloody day :p

Hi, long time viewer and first time greeter.
I'm a flavor, vaping, cloud chasing addict and I joined this support group to admit to myself... Wait that's wrong!!!:rofl:
I live to love to vape. Vape in the morning, vape all day, vape at night.
Well that's me. Boring guy who always has a cloud over his head.

Forgive me for jumping into this site before introducing myself. I just lost myself a bit with this: again: "belated" vaping discovery. I will try to keep it short:

I say belated because it almost feels as if I have missed out. In 2007, or 2008, I bought a Twisp imitation cigarette, self starter for I think R599 at my local tobacconist. It broke after 2 weeks . I was totally put off with "Electronic cigarettes". A few "e friends" told me it was a Gimmick. Fast forward some 8 yrs later, I visit the Twisp store at my local mall, chatted to the polite gentleman twice, and then hastily buying the Twisp Aero. Only AFTER that I Google vaping. The next thing I know, My nicotine craving eyes are wide open to a massive -- kledoscopic world of vaping that I never knew existed. Truly: I was blown away!

Clearly there is somethig wrong here. And it's all about advertising. Obviously due to a ban on advertising tobacco products, vaping has been boxed into that same category as a "tobacco product." So, due to that lack of advertising I never knew what was out there and that I had so many more reliable and "rebuildable" options. OMG, I really feel like I was left behind.

Twisp cleverly advertises their product. They are clearly a diligent South African Company, no doubt, and by having kiosk in major shopping malls with a promise if personal service and advice, that's a big drawcard and a sound reason why I personally have one.

I must admit. In context my Twisp Aero is not without its faults. But the unit, and many many other brands are a massive revalation of how far technology has evolved in only 8 to 10 yrs!

I am so into vaping that within 7 days after the hasty Twisp Aero purchase I acquired my own decent box, 1 tank and one dripper. This has to be one of the best hobbies I have started. The hobby itself is as addictive nicotine!

Born in Benoni, I was a naughty little... I picked up first analogue ciggy at age12. Bought my first pack of 20 Chesterfield for 46c at 14 in1980. Camel was 74c. I have smoked on and off from then until 9 days ago up to now at age 49 with breaks from 1 year, 2 yrs and 5 yrs max. I was slowly killing myself as a 20 a day nicotine addict. I have now learned that there is a way to enjoy nicotine in a much much more "healthier" delivery system. And you can have fun with flavours and a humungous array of different, reliable high tech, and almost overly powered equipment!

As I like to affectionately say: on new years eve 2015 I became a "born again vapouriser."

Of course, while Googling, I stumbled upon this website. Very impressed. The site being relatively popular and proudly South African, I signed up right away.

I thoroughly enjoy constructive dialogue and genuine "e-fellowship" on websites that discuss my interests.

My real name is displayed....for no particular reason, save to say, I prefer open, honest, candid writing.

My mission here as a guest is to write in a manner that I can not only learn, meet and share with fellow vapers, but to also convince the world that cigarettes really don't make sense anymore. Second to smoking ceaasaton; vaping is the way to go.

Lastly, I will probably write here a lot, and then move on to the next hobby, as I have done.....so bare with me for a while. But somehow, I cannot see myself stopping vaping very soon. It is simply too good to be true.

I live on the ouskirts of Durban. I have only found 1 decent vape shop and that's in Gateway Unhlanga. I'll be back!

Welcome Waine and to all new forum members!

Most welcome @Waine. Many of us can relate to those failed attempts with previous Twisp versions. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit. Your taste buds must be thanking you at this stage. Happy vaping.

Thanks for the welcome guys. The more I see what's out there, the more I realise: The Twisp Aero is their biggest seller ito size, but it's too small for serious vapor folk who are looking for big, consistent, leak free hits....I have a bit of "buyers remorse" to be perfectly honest.

Thanks for the welcome guys. The more I see what's out there, the more I realise: The Twisp Aero is their biggest seller ito size, but it's too small for serious vapor folk who are looking for big, consistent, leak free hits....I have a bit of "buyers remorse" to be perfectly honest.

Hahahaha, we all have had buyers remorse, but then again we learn from it and upgrade to the gear that suits us personally. I'm probably going to be attacked for saying this, but I'll never touch a REO. Not even if its given to me. But its all a learning curve, and had I not learnt the hard way, I wouldn't have found my vape babies. Just keep going

You are spot on Shaun. Nobody can "give" anyone experience in anything in life, experience is vital, and it has to be "learned". It's also ok to make mistake -- as long as we don't repeat them. I made my first mistake out of haste and spontaneity.

I'm probably going to be attacked for saying this, but I'll never touch a REO. Not even if its given to me. But its all a learning curve, and had I not learnt the hard way, I wouldn't have found my vape babies. Just keep going
We certainly shall not attack you, @shaun patrick. On the presumption that you have tried a Reo or other bottom fed mod with some BF atties and did not like the experience. That is your free choice - albeit not good manners to denigrate others' free choices. If you say it just for the sake of getting reaction about Reos or other bottom fed devices for that matter, consider yourself attacked and killed dead:D.

We certainly shall not attack you, @shaun patrick. On the presumption that you have tried a Reo or other bottom fed mod with some BF atties and did not like the experience. That is your free choice - albeit not good manners to denigrate others' free choices. If you say it just for the sake of getting reaction about Reos or other bottom fed devices for that matter, consider yourself attacked and killed dead:D.
I said it to tease you guys. In all honesty, if you vape, you are family, no matter what mod you use.

I'm a flavor, vaping, cloud chasing addict and I joined this support group to admit to myself... Wait that's wrong!!!:rofl:

From my experiences vapers are far from boring...a heck of a lot going on behind that cloud...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are spot on Shaun. Nobody can "give" anyone experience in anything in life, experience is vital, and it has to be "learned". It's also ok to make mistake -- as long as we don't repeat them. I made my first mistake out of haste and spontaneity.

Hi @Waine
No way was your initial purchase a mistake
It got you to where you are now!

But also, one never fully appreciates the good stuff unless one feels a bit of pain with the unsuitable stuff.

I have made many vape purchases over the past two years, some were okay, some terrible and a few things were absolutely fantastic. This applies to gear but possibly moreso to juices. Without the duds I would have nothing to compare the good things to. I will go further and say that if you are not getting the occasional miss or bad purchase, something is wrong ;-)

Regarding juice purchases: If one out of every ten juices you buy you absolutely love then you are doing nicely...

You make a very good point Silver. I am already checking out my next purchase. But this time I am armed with much more knowledge. So I will make a more informed and prudent decision. On that note, the e Leaf Istick 60 and the Melo 2 which I also hastily bought have far exceeded my expectations. I am extemely satisfied. But there is always something bigger and better that's out there to haunt us when the bug bites! Lol....

Back