Introduce Yourselves:

@Rob Fisher , when I look at the list of the people online at this time of day, I remember a line that a co-worker's girlfriend asked, or rather yelled at us at his house warming party in my younger years: "Don't you bastards ever sleep ?" ;)

@Rob Fisher , when I look at the list of the people online at this time of day, I remember a line that a co-worker's girlfriend asked, or rather yelled at us at his house warming party in my younger years: "Don't you bastards ever sleep ?" ;)

Hehehe... I'm normally asleep at this time of the morning... but I had 40 winks this afternoon... and I guess it was a little more than 40 winks... gonna try hit the sack again now. :confused: Take 2!

Lol, one qualification on the TRON (and Ego One) atomizers - I have gone straight to the CLR (rebuildable) coil units, having seen many reports of peeps experiencing leaking with the commercial coil units. HRH has now been using a TRON and an Ego One atomizer for about a week with CLR units built by me - no leaking whatsoever.

If you do not need temperature control and like an even smaller mod - go for the sexy Wismec Presa (40W) with an Ego One XL (2.5ml) atomizer.

ZrGAm5a.jpg

aArrL7E.jpg

Loving the photos @Andre! First pic looks like a loving Stormtrooper proudly holding his pregnant wife with her sideways glancing at the camera and in the second - with them looking in different directions - it looks like they might have had a bit of a quarrel :-D

Welcome @La'Chica . I see you were already pointed in the right direction by @Andre.
Most vapers start off with a pen style device like the Twisp, Kangertech Evods or fong-kong knockoffs on impulse buys. These pen style devices only works OK for a month at most, and then most people either give up, or start hunting for something with a bit more battery life or better flavour or more clouds. The point is that once you've spent money on these devices, it's usually wasted.
For the same price, or a slightly higher initial outlay, you can get a very good entry level device which is future-proof and should last a very long time if treated decently. The Evic VTC / VTC Mini is definitely a winner judging by the feedback from owners on the forum. The Kangertech Subox and Subox Mini kits offers slightly less technology-wise - goodies like Temperature Control - but it's still a very good contender.

If you at all can, make a day outing and drag your hubby all the way to an actual Vape Shop (like Vape King) that has units on display that you can test and hold, and even more important, tasters of their whole e-juice lineup. E-juice is likely the biggest part that new vapers don't give much thought to. This is also the part that causes the most new vapers to give up, as they start with flavors that sound like heaven, but unfortunately ends up tasting nothing like that.

No preferences here, but all the vendor are listed on the main page and vendors like Vape Cartel, Vape King and Vape Club to name but a few local ones all stock excellent juices, both international and local. It would take me many months to go through just the juices that these 3 carry. If you are planning to go to Durbs for the holiday, then Sir Vape and Vape Decadence's E-Cigg Inn is just around the corner too. Cape Town has Vape Mob and a host of juice suppliers like Vapour Mountain and Complex Chaos etc., most of which will likely see you on appointment if they do not have a physical shop.
Hop on the bandwagon and enjoy the journey !

Welcome @Jakes351, glad to see you are sorted.

Thanks for your earlier impressions in the review section, and as you might already have gathered, the guys and gals on here are quite passionate about their no. 1 'hobby'. I trust the 'grumpy old men' in the review section did not put you off too much though ;)
With all the chirps, it does look like you are right at home, so do enjoy your stay !

Hi @Kuhlkatz ;)

Its a pleasure, i kinda figured that out after the 1st few replies. atleast now i know :D

Not at all! im addicted already :rolleyes:

Thanks buddy! Have a lekker day ;)

HI Guys,

Would like to reintroduce myself as i Have not been on the forum in ages. The names Kunal currently in JHB/Sandton.

I have been vaping for 2 years now. Starting off from a long wick flea market special Vape... then twisp, all types of cleros, then into RTAs once coils started costing an arm and a leg. I have quite a few mods and am also making Ejuice to further cut down Vaping costs :).
Won the DIY contests in jhb 2 Vape Meets ago. Have been making juices for a few months. I apparently make quite good juices so i have heard from the people that have tried them. Which does not seem to help me as i seem to have permanent vapours tongue from all the vaping lol. Everything just tastes the same to me haha. I even mixed a juice with 30% flavour, Could taste it for about 30 mins and then vapours tongue kicked in. So if any flavour chasers could give me advise on how to sort out my taste buds it would be nice. Maybe i should stop eating hot food?

Anyway hope to hear from all the guys. Great forum.

Cheers and Happy Vaping

Last edited:
Welcome back @Kolashnikov
I tasted so many juices on that vape meet so I cant remember which one was yours, but i do recall the winning juices tasted very good. Congrats on that.
As far as vapors tongue goes, there is a thread where several potential remedies are discussed. From the top of my head i recall sniffing coffee beans and drinking lots of water as being two potentials. Another is vaping unflavoured for a while. Hope you get it sorted.
And hope to see you at the next meet in the new year

@Kolashnikov

Welcome back man.
As for the vapors tongue I hear espresso helps with it man. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but worth a try. Do you sell any of flavours man?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

@Kolashnikov

Welcome back man.
As for the vapors tongue I hear espresso helps with it man. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but worth a try. Do you sell any of flavours man?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hows it bud, I do sell it to some of my friends and few guys at work. But obviously like in plain bottles without print.

Welcome back @Kolashnikov
I tasted so many juices on that vape meet so I cant remember which one was yours, but i do recall the winning juices tasted very good. Congrats on that.
As far as vapors tongue goes, there is a thread where several potential remedies are discussed. From the top of my head i recall sniffing coffee beans and drinking lots of water as being two potentials. Another is vaping unflavoured for a while. Hope you get it sorted.
And hope to see you at the next meet in the new year

Definetly will check it out. Would be nice to be able to taste juices again :D

Ok so, as mentioned I'm totally N00B and if this isn't the right thread let me know and hopefully Mod can maybe move to correct thread..

as mentioned I got my first device (dunno what ppl call them, vapers? machine? so im calling it device)

How and what do i need to do in order to get the same Smoking method as regular cigarretes?
Is it possible with Vape devices..

Cuz right now if i smoke like i do normal ciggs, I cough my moer off like a newbie smoker..

2 Clarify my setup is as follow..

SMOK X-Cube Mini (its been set to WATT Mode and it's on 24.5W right now and at 0.62Ω, which it defaulted too when i changed flavour. was on 1.24) this is all still default as i'm not making my own coils and stuff i got a kangertech OCC 0.5 Ω 15W - 60W coil in the tank,

Sorry if this is all confusing and jumbled.

Ue269fN.jpg

Ok so, as mentioned I'm totally N00B and if this isn't the right thread let me know and hopefully Mod can maybe move to correct thread..

as mentioned I got my first device (dunno what ppl call them, vapers? machine? so im calling it device)

How and what do i need to do in order to get the same Smoking method as regular cigarretes?

Cuz right now if i smoke like i do normal ciggs, I cough my moer off like a newbie smoker..

SMOK X-Cube Mini (its been set to WATT Mode and it's on 24.5W right now and at 0.62Ω, which it defaulted too when i changed flavour. was on 1.24) this is all still default as i'm not making my own coils and stuff i got a kangertech OCC 0.5 Ω 15W - 60W coil in the tank,

Ue269fN.jpg
Seems like you have the 0.5 ohm commercial coil in there. You need to either lower the power - try around 15 W, or get the 1.5 ohm coils (which are made for lower power) or build your own coil. Also play with the airflow a bit - try it smaller.

Seems like you have the 0.5 ohm commercial coil in there. You need to either lower the power - try around 15 W, or get the 1.5 ohm coils (which are made for lower power) or build your own coil. Also play with the airflow a bit - try it smaller.

Ue269fN.jpg

I would say if you coughing your probably doing mouth to lung hits. Try maybe perhaps pull straight into your lungs. Otherwise if you want to smoke it like a cig. Open the airflow, drop the watts and if all else fails. Drop The nicotine levels. What strength are you smoking with?

I would say if you coughing your probably doing mouth to lung hits. Try maybe perhaps pull straight into your lungs. Otherwise if you want to smoke it like a cig. Open the airflow, drop the watts and if all else fails. Drop The nicotine levels. What strength are you smoking with?

Same as when i smoke a cigg.. 6mg airflow on its widest setting.

thanks i'll mess about see how it goes.

Same as when i smoke a cigg.. 6mg airflow on its widest setting.

thanks i'll mess about see how it goes.
Maybe try 3mg. i find that 3mg was the best becos if it was too weak you could increase the watts and it would be perfect. And in the mornings it was easier to vape on 3. Now currently am on 1mg lol

Hi All

New to the group so a quick hello and short intro. I started on a Clearo back in 2013 and it went well. Fell of the wagon a few times after getting an Edge earlier this year. I was on an Aero up until last night (literally) when it just didn't want to work anymore. I met somebody earlier in the day before my device died who suggested that I check out Vape King for decent juice.

So I finally decided to take the plunge and stop messing around with vapes that simply didn't work. The guys sorted me out earlier today and I am mega chuffed with my new device and juices! I really should have done this a lot sooner! What an improvement!

Hi All

New to the group so a quick hello and short intro. I started on a Clearo back in 2013 and it went well. Fell of the wagon a few times after getting an Edge earlier this year. I was on an Aero up until last night (literally) when it just didn't want to work anymore. I met somebody earlier in the day before my device died who suggested that I check out Vape King for decent juice.

So I finally decided to take the plunge and stop messing around with vapes that simply didn't work. The guys sorted me out earlier today and I am mega chuffed with my new device and juices! I really should have done this a lot sooner! What an improvement!

Welcome to the forum @Big_Al
Glad to hear you got sorted but congrats on all the persevering for so long
What equipment and juices did you end up getting if i may ask?
Enjoy your stay here and feel free to ask questions as you go along

Hi All

Most welcome to the forum. And congrats on kicking the stinky habit. Of course I am now curious to know which devices you got? Happy vaping.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I dragged my brother along as I figured that he should finally ditch his Clearo at the same time. We both ended up getting the iStick kit (60 Watt TC mod with Melo 2 atomizer) and we couldn't be happier! Just finishing up my current tank on the Kanthal head but I can't wait to stick in the Nickel head and play around with the TC functionality. I must say,It's all pretty exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the warm welcome! I dragged my brother along as I figured that he should finally ditch his Clearo at the same time. We both ended up getting the iStick kit (60 Watt TC mod with Melo 2 atomizer) and we couldn't be happier! Just finishing up my current tank on the Kanthal head but I can't wait to stick in the Nickel head and play around with the TC functionality. I must say,It's all pretty exciting!

Good stuff mate, and welcome. There is plenty of info and helpful members on forum, hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Good stuff mate, and welcome. There is plenty of info and helpful members on forum, hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Hi Neal. Thanks. I've got a feeling that I'm going to enjoy it a lot!

Hi Neal. Thanks. I've got a feeling that I'm going to enjoy it a lot!

Welcome @Big_Al , I've got a feeling you might be right ! ;)

Good place with a good vibe and great people that all contribute to the atmosphere on here. Best of luck to you and your brother and do shout if there are any questions. Someone will pipe up with some answers.

Back