Introduce Yourselves:

Hello all!

So I am pleased to say that I recently made the switch to vaping, and I am definitely one happy happy chappy! I just finished my first year at varsity and ended up smoking every time I started drinking. I started saving about mid way through the year and recently got myself a iJust 2 :)

As excited as I am about my vaping journey ahead, I am even more excited to be a part of what seems like an amazingly friendly group of people!

Welcome to the forum @mikrouwel
Congrats on the vaping! It is a great journey indeed and we certainly have an awesome group of friendly vapers on here!
Enjoy your stay and feel free to ask questions as you go along...

Hey guys. My name is Terry and I'm from Joburg. I started vaping about 6 months ago and gave up a 15 yr smoking addiction. I love vaping and have been using an I Just 2 which is great but it's time I upgraded and am looking to get an RTA. I'm thinking of buying an authentic Billow V2 and Evic mini 75W from Fasttech but am a bit worried that it's fake. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forums @Terry! There are many threads as was pointed out to you in the other thread. But at least you are at the right place to get the answers you need.

Hi peoples
Dave here, have been vaping for a long time on and off. Back again after about a 2 year break and really impressed with the choices now available. Have an eLeaf iStick 60WTC with the MELO2 and a couple of LEMO's and starting to find some of my old home made mod's that have been in hiding for a while. Got about 30 flavours so far and mixing up some old favourite recipes and some new ones. Still carry a box of cigs on me but have not had one in more than a week. Still can't believe how things have changed in the last 2 years.

Hey guys. My name is Terry and I'm from Joburg. I started vaping about 6 months ago and gave up a 15 yr smoking addiction. I love vaping and have been using an I Just 2 which is great but it's time I upgraded and am looking to get an RTA. I'm thinking of buying an authentic Billow V2 and Evic mini 75W from Fasttech but am a bit worried that it's fake. Any suggestions?
Most welcome to the forum. Fasttech is very reliable - if they say it is authentic it usually is. Otherwise they use "style". Bear in mind it could take a long time to get here (anything between 1 and 3 months), mostly because of SAPO inefficiencies. Happy vaping.

Hi peoples
Dave here, have been vaping for a long time on and off. Back again after about a 2 year break and really impressed with the choices now available. Have an eLeaf iStick 60WTC with the MELO2 and a couple of LEMO's and starting to find some of my old home made mod's that have been in hiding for a while. Got about 30 flavours so far and mixing up some old favourite recipes and some new ones. Still carry a box of cigs on me but have not had one in more than a week. Still can't believe how things have changed in the last 2 years.
Most welcome to the forum. Yes, vape technology has improved in leaps and bounds. Almost impossible to keep up nowadays. All the best with your vape journey.

Cool
Most welcome to the forum. Yes, vape technology has improved in leaps and bounds. Almost impossible to keep up nowadays. All the best with your vape journey.
Andre. Yeah, hope it's not that long. I'm not the patient type when buying stuff. By then there will be something way better I'm sure

Welcome to the forum @Terry
Congrats on the vaping and giving up stinkies after 15 years. Great achievement
Enjoy your stay here.

Regarding your question on Fasttech, I know things may work out a bit cheaper that route - but my suggestion would be if its available locally, rather buy it from one of the awesome vendors on this forum. You get it immediately and can always call for advice and if there is a problem, they can sort you out pronto.

The vendors on this forum are an awesome bunch of people and have played a big role in growing and improving the vaping in South Africa.

Welcome to the forum @Terry
Congrats on the vaping and giving up stinkies after 15 years. Great achievement
Enjoy your stay here.

Regarding your question on Fasttech, I know things may work out a bit cheaper that route - but my suggestion would be if its available locally, rather buy it from one of the awesome vendors on this forum. You get it immediately and can always call for advice and if there is a problem, they can sort you out pronto.

The vendors on this forum are an awesome bunch of people and have played a big role in growing and improving the vaping in South Africa.
Thanks Silver. I paid Fasttech R1007.00 today for an authentic Billow V2 and an evic mini 75W. I actually thought the exchange rate was a bit lower so was thinking it'd be around R900 so that was a shock which I only realized when I got a notification of payment but it's fine. So long as it's authentic and of good quality I'm happy. I'm more concerned that the flavor and cloud production will dissapoint me because my mate has a steam crave which is supposed to be amazing with flavor but I don't rate it personally compared to my humble I Just 2. But I actually think he omitted cleaning it first and that I'm tasting machining oil or something. Anyways, he's used to it now and doesn't notice it so...

Thanks Silver. I paid Fasttech R1007.00 today for an authentic Billow V2 and an evic mini 75W. I actually thought the exchange rate was a bit lower so was thinking it'd be around R900 so that was a shock which I only realized when I got a notification of payment but it's fine. So long as it's authentic and of good quality I'm happy. I'm more concerned that the flavor and cloud production will dissapoint me because my mate has a steam crave which is supposed to be amazing with flavor but I don't rate it personally compared to my humble I Just 2. But I actually think he omitted cleaning it first and that I'm tasting machining oil or something. Anyways, he's used to it now and doesn't notice it so...

Great stuff, i hope its all fine and that you get it soon

I dont have any experience with the VTC mini or the Billow V2 but i hear good things about both those devices from several folk on here. I am quite confident you will be happy with these devices.

Great stuff, i hope its all fine and that you get it soon

I dont have any experience with the VTC mini or the Billow V2 but i hear good things about both those devices from several folk on here. I am quite confident you will be happy with these devices.
Thanks Silver. Appreciate the vote of confidence. I'll be holding thumbs for the next few weeks ;)

The billow is my dedicated menthol tank. Since the mint and fruit flavours are amazing in it. I use it as my second tank and it is used daily. I still prefer my aromamizer for my desert vapes. Both tanks love the evic mini and I won't let the mod or tanks go unless something amazing comes along that tempts me.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Hi peoples

Welcome to the forum @Dave1
You are 100% correct. The vaping industry has changed so much in the past two years. So many choices now and best thing is so many great locally manufactured juices.
Enjoy your stay here!

I noticed you are in Durban
Check out the Durban vape meet happening on the 29th Dec (next week Tuesday)
Going to be a blast. Check out the following thread:
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/ecigssa-durban-mini-vape-meet-tuesday-29-december.t17630/

Hello Beautiful People. My name is -------(am I allowed to give my name?) and I'm an addict. I have been sinfully, shamelessly smoking for 10 years now. 3 Weeks ago I looked myself in the mirror and to my great shock and dismal disbelieve saw the worst thing I have ever seen. UPPER LIP WRINKLES!!!! Ghastly!! I wanted to cry! I Still want to cry. Shallow it sounds, I know but its not vanity....... Crows feet wrinkles are fine they are from happy times and laughing, but UPPER LIP WRINKLES!!!! its proof that I am a weakling hooked on (as you so awesomely refer to it) STINKY's. SO after my horrid mirror revelation I have been relentlessly nagging my Hubby to join me in my quest to convert to Vaping. I won so by the way. :)
@La'Chica,thing can only get better once you're off the smokes.Welcome

Hi All
Been lurking here for well over a year and decided to add my five cents here and there...

I've been vaping for two years tomorrow and haven't touched a stinky since I bought the customary Twisp that day. The twisp is long since retired and I have about 16 mods by now. Vaping's cheaper.... NOT... :rolleyes:

20151227_130647.jpg

My goodness @BubiSparks
What an intro!

Congrats for tomorrow! 2 years is a great achievement

You have such a great collection there - and its all so neat and tidy!

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay.

Thanks for the welcome guys...!!! @Silver, Yes, the old HP's with RPN are a win. I have a small collection of those too...

BTW, as spelling is a topic today (recall hakkel post), I agree fully that they are great claculators, no other adding machine has quite the tactile clac like an HP... :rofl::-D:giggle:

Hi All
Been lurking here for well over a year and decided to add my five cents here and there...

I've been vaping for two years tomorrow and haven't touched a stinky since I bought the customary Twisp that day. The twisp is long since retired and I have about 16 mods by now. Vaping's cheaper.... NOT... :rolleyes:

View attachment 41794
Most welcome. Glad you have emerged from the lurking shadows. Congrats on the 2 years, an amazing achievement. Great collection you have there. Happy vaping.

Good Day

I am from Pretoria and very new to vaping , only 2 weeks in fact. Loving it so far with my Evod kit and have eyes set on the subbox already(600 wasted) think i am on my way to become an avid cloud chaser!

Good Day

I am from Pretoria and very new to vaping , only 2 weeks in fact. Loving it so far with my Evod kit and have eyes set on the subbox already(600 wasted) think i am on my way to become an avid cloud chaser!
Most welcome to the forum. Your taste buds will start jumping about round about now, until they settle down to unheard of sensitivity. All the best with your vaping journey. Please keep us updated. Happy vaping.

Good Day

Welcome to the forum @Schnappie
Congrats on the vaping. Enjoy your stay and let us know how it goes...

Hi all

Kicked the smokes 2 years ago after 18 years now thanks to a Twisp. That's where it ended for me with the Twisp, just got me off the smokes but then I wanted to enjoy the Vaping experience, I prefer MTL and lots of flavour, not so much into making vapor clouds. Recently acquired a Joyetech VTC Mini and in search now for the best MTL/Flavour tank so will trawl the posts here and see what I can dig up.

Cheers

Back