Introduce Yourselves:

thanks bud!! will definately do! had a walk in gateway over the weekend and spoke to the guys at the vape shop....got some nice flavours in there! looking forward to some meet ups though

Meet ups at Sir Vape pretty much every Saturday! :rock:

Well not on Saturday the 5th March because we will all be in JHB at the Vape Meet! :D

Meet ups at Sir Vape pretty much every Saturday! :rock:

Well not on Saturday the 5th March because we will all be in JHB at the Vape Meet! :D
sweeeeeet!! thanks bud!! im not far away at all from you guys so ill definately be pulling in!

All newbies:

Firstly welcome :). Please introduce yourselves and tell us a little about where you come from here. To do that just click on the last page number above and start typing in the "Write your reply" box at the bottom of that page.
This thread is compulsory reading:
What to expect on your vaping journey
The following threads will help you a lot in understanding when browsing the forum:
E-cig quick start guide
What are electronic cigarettes
For all those questions about the health aspects of electronic cigarettes:
Health related facts about electronic cigarettes

[rsvp=24]Click here to RSVP[/rsvp]

Hi all,
First off thanks for the cool forum. I stumbled on it whilst looking for info on vaping... glad I did.
Had my last cig on 2 Feb and haven't had one since, this is my 3rd attempt at quitting but have never used vaping as an alternative and I can say its the only thing that has helped me.
Currently using the Twisp Solo... and prefer the Pure liquids, the others scratch my throat a bit. I did find the whole "shopping" for a device quite intimidating. I didn't and still don't know if there are better ones out there. So any advice is welcome. Anyway that's me, happy to be on the forum and look forward to reading and learning more from you guys. Cheers

Hi all

I have been a forum lurker for a while, reading and learning from you lot wherever I could.
That said, I want to thank you all for all the advice you have granted me unbeknownst.

I reside in Durban, and my current setups are a kangertech subox mini kit, and an RX200 with a Griffin on top. Drip with a mutation XS.

Just recently started DIY, my first test batches should be ready by now, but this damn Flu makes menthol the only vape I can handle or taste at the moment.

That said, thanks again for a great forum.

PS, on mobile so I hope spacings work correctly

Welcome @Angel and @ShamZ !

@ShamZ do us a favour and get a cool profile pic so we can easily recognise your future posts! Always cool to see a fellow Durbanite joining, especially one with such a nice setup!

@Angel , there are much better devices out there, but you'll always be chasing the proverbial vape-dragon!

Hi all,
First off thanks for the cool forum. I stumbled on it whilst looking for info on vaping... glad I did.
Had my last cig on 2 Feb and haven't had one since, this is my 3rd attempt at quitting but have never used vaping as an alternative and I can say its the only thing that has helped me.
Currently using the Twisp Solo... and prefer the Pure liquids, the others scratch my throat a bit. I did find the whole "shopping" for a device quite intimidating. I didn't and still don't know if there are better ones out there. So any advice is welcome. Anyway that's me, happy to be on the forum and look forward to reading and learning more from you guys. Cheers
Most welcome to the forum.
Yes, there are far better ones out there, and less expensive gear and juices. My personal recommendation would be the Evic VTC Mini with the Cubis tank, here and here. That vendor also has a good selection of juices at great prices. For more cigalike form, maybe the Kangertech Subvod here.
Happy vaping.

Hi all

I have been a forum lurker for a while, reading and learning from you lot wherever I could.
That said, I want to thank you all for all the advice you have granted me unbeknownst.

I reside in Durban, and my current setups are a kangertech subox mini kit, and an RX200 with a Griffin on top. Drip with a mutation XS.

Just recently started DIY, my first test batches should be ready by now, but this damn Flu makes menthol the only vape I can handle or taste at the moment.

Most welcome from the lurking shadows.
You have super gear going there.
All the best with the DIY - I failed that and gave up.
To nip the flu in the bud I vape 80 PG with some menthol added.
Happy vaping.

Great thanks I'll check it out. Think it's an ok starter kit but I'm not loving it. After reading about other people's experiences with the twisp... I can now see why they get a bad rep

Great thanks I'll check it out. Think it's an ok starter kit but I'm not loving it. After reading about other people's experiences with the twisp... I can now see why they get a bad rep
You looking at just replacing your smoking habit? Or chasing clouds? Also, what would your budget be like (don't need numbers, but are we spending as little as possible, or happy slashing out for the right gear straight off the bat?)?

If you want something a little more starter friendly, the ijust 2 kit is also very good. It will give you a good avenue into vaping beyond the Twisp without the intimidation. You can pick up coils at Cock n bull for this kit so it's got convenience down when you're desperate. Also, it's cheap. So you can get a second battery.

If you want a more serious device, I second the Evic recommendation but in the form of the Wismec Presa 75w. It's the same device in a much stealthier, sleeker form. For a tank, I'd recommend the Kanger toptank. Kanger tanks are very well supported.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the warm welcomes guys;) My choice in gear was actually due to a thread on this forum when first looking at upgrading from my twisp edge, there was a good thread about the subox mini. And yeah, from there, we start chasing the dragon...

Managed to taste my 4 mixes today, one not so bad and one pretty good. Mixed a bigger batch of the latter containing nic so lets see in 5 days time

Now to get a new profile pic.

Cheers

You looking at just replacing your smoking habit? Or chasing clouds? Also, what would your budget be like (don't need numbers, but are we spending as little as possible, or happy slashing out for the right gear straight off the bat?)?
Yeah I reckon I've kicked the habit and I'm enjoying vaping but feel like I need something better than what I have. It's not that the twisp is horrible... look it's got me this far without any major cravings or meltdowns. I don't want to spend crazy money but I do think it would be a better investment to get something that's better than what I have. I don't know what most of them cost but looking at what I've spent already in 3 weeks... roughly R1200

If you want something a little more starter friendly, the ijust 2 kit is also very good. It will give you a good avenue into vaping beyond the Twisp without the intimidation. You can pick up coils at Cock n bull for this kit so it's got convenience down when you're desperate. Also, it's cheap. So you can get a second battery.

If you want a more serious device, I second the Evic recommendation but in the form of the Wismec Presa 75w. It's the same device in a much stealthier, sleeker form. For a tank, I'd recommend the Kanger toptank. Kanger tanks are very well supported.

Where would I be able to find these? Are they user friendly? I'm constantly charging this twisp... driving me nuts but i didn't really know what else was out there when I bought it. I looked at the Njoy one as well?

Marty here. But you can just call me Trouble muahahahahaha.

Off the cigarettes a while now but I will be honest here. Vaping is much more to me than staying off cigarettes.

I really REALLY love inhaling and blowing huge clouds. A simple thing that brings me more joy than makes sense to most. And nicotine consumed this way is absolutely fantastic stuff!!

The pure enjoyment is also helping me go through what is turning out to be a very ugly break up.

And the community is just awesome. Like a little family. So yeah overall I am head over heels in love with vaping.

Belated welcome to the forum @Lord Vetinari
Glad you love vaping
We have a great place here
Enjoy

Hey guys!!

so im a complete newbie! love the vape scene but have no idea haha however thanks to a very generous and kind person Mr Jo Kruger from Lung Buddy....he hooked me up with my very first kit which is arriving today haha its the evic vtc full kit! so cant wait to get home! im from durban and as a casual smoker im honestly sick of the taste of cigarettes ...blegh... ive been reading up on vaping the do's and dont's and trying to take in everything but theres so much lol glad to have found this awesome forum though so im looking forward to many vape years and learning tons!

Welcome to the forum @Bob_Rock
Glad you got some gear and wishing you all the best with it
Enjoy the forum and prepare yourself for a super journey!

Where would I be able to find these? Are they user friendly? I'm constantly charging this twisp... driving me nuts but i didn't really know what else was out there when I bought it. I looked at the Njoy one as well?
Check out the Vendor forums, it will seem somewhat complicated at first but you will quickly familiarise yourself with the jargon and devices. Be prepared for some mistakes and don't hesitate to ask questions. Good luck, vaping was the only thing that got me off cigarettes.

You can find an ijust 2 at any vape store. They sell them at Cock n bull as well. In fact, it's one of the few established mods you can get there. That being said, Vapeking.co.za is selling them for R580.00. I wouldn't bother with the njoy at all as you might as well stick with the twisp.

Hi all,

Welcome to the forum @Angel
Congrats on quitting the cigs! That is a great achievement. 21 days so far. You must be well over the hard part.
Regarding the Twisp Solo, i am not familiar with that device but if i understand correctly its quite a basic device. There are plenty devices used by the wonderful folk on this forum that should make things a lot easier for you.

If you are free on the 5th of March I highly recommend you join us at the Vape Meet at NewsCafe in Sandton. You will meet plenty vapers and get a chance to try out loads of vape devices.
Check out the vape meet thread:
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/ecigssa-jhb-vapemeet-saturday-5-march-2016.t18626/

Hi all

Welcome to the forum @ShamZ
Appreciate your words and glad you came out of the shadows of lurkdom ;-)
Wishing you all the best for your vaping. Enjoy your stay
PS - your spacing came out fine on my side

Attention new members

For those of you based near JHB, please take note of the upcoming ECIGSSA JHB vape meet that will be held on Sat 5 March 2016 in Sandton

It's a great opportunity to meet other vapers, try out loads of gear and juices and have a good time. You can also meet some experienced vapers and get help with your coils or advice on anything that you need help on.

It's free to attend, just RSVP with the blue button on the first post at the following thread:
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/ecigssa-jhb-vapemeet-saturday-5-march-2016.t18626/

There are going to be some fabulous prizes on the day. And some great vendors...

And an awesome cloud blowing competition. If you havent seen one before, you will probably be quite impressed.

Looking forward to meeting you there. Come say hello. You will meet several members of the Admin and Mod team and loads of enthusiastic friendly vapers. Some will be travelling from far. Don't miss it. It's going to be tons of fun!

image-jpg.39291

Big Welcome @Angel you have found the right place to help you on your vaping journey. Have a look around and do not be afraid to ask questions, some very well informed and friendly people here. Enjoy yourself.

Welcome @Angel. I am a ex-Twisp Solo and Aero user. Firstly Twisp is way over priced and their consumables are bad quality. The juice doesn't have the flavour profiles you will find available from our local juice manufacturers and is over priced, the coils don't last, I was replacing every 7 days. If you look at a product like the iJust2 or Evod they are far superior build quality and coils last weeks rather than days. Go visit one of the vendors listed on our forum and try out one of these products, and you will be pleasantly surprised.

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/categories/diamond-supporting-vendors.214/

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/categories/local-supporting-vendors.11/

Hey Team

Im at Technical account manager at Dell and i have been vaping now for past 2 months and have not gone back to the dark side. My first mod is a vtc mini with a just2 tank and im looking to upgrade now.

Hey Team

Im at Technical account manager at Dell and i have been vaping now for past 2 months and have not gone back to the dark side. My first mod is a vtc mini with a just2 tank and im looking to upgrade now.
Hi Anthony,
If you're looking to upgrade I could make an offer on your VTC Mini

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Back