Joyetech eGrip Review

Loving the RBA coil but the linkages really gets to me, I change the coil for the first time and after re-installing it, it didn't want to fire, took some trial and error to get it working, it seems like the wicking was blocking the inlet holes on the RBA base that was my ploblem but now is working again, even though the leak through the base airflow is still there
With the Rayon wicked as @johan detailed above, I still had a bit of moisture from the RBA air hole. With Native Wicks I have no leaking at all. With thinner juices (50/50 and below) I stick tiny pieces of the wicking material in front of the 2 open inlet holes opposite the screws as well.

A way to clean your eGrip (from ECF):

The key to cleaning the tank is to make sure you have either an rba base or cs base in the egrip body before filling it with water, vodka or whatever cleaning fluid you choose to use. Otherwise you run the risk of getting cleaning fluid into the electronics side of the unit where it can short out the control board and ruin the unit.

With the rba or cs base installed fill the tank with cleaning fluid through the fill port to near full level. Then shake shake shake. Next with the egrip upside down remove the rba or cs base. Next pour out the contents of the tank with the power button side of the egrip facing up. This will keep fluid from entering the electronics. Next dry the threads of the rba or cs base and the egrip base threads. Reinsert rba or cs base and repeat as many times as necessary.

I have cleaned my egrip tank out a many times this way. So far so good.

Back