Joyetech eGrip Review

It might sound obvious and silly, but also check that the little rubber on the refill door is intact. There should be spare rubbers in the box. If its missing it will leak and gurgle.

Thanks for all the advise guys.... but still no luck. It worked OK yesterday for about half a tank, then started the same sh!t again. It starts to gurgle and the 5 minutes later it starts leaking from the RBA base. No idea what I'm doing wrong!! It's much a awesome vape, so I have to get this sorted!!

After the RBA upgrade (thanks @Andre !!) , man this little beast comes to life been vaping it exclusively the last month .... wow
Also get some gurgling and leaking , but only when tank is close to empty , think I need to use more wick maybe ?
Do find with the RBA I do not make through a full office day (yes I'm a light vaper :p) ....
Joytech really knocked it out of the park , so much I suspect I'm becoming a fanboi (Ego One incoming :) )

After the RBA upgrade (thanks @Andre !!) , man this little beast comes to life been vaping it exclusively the last month .... wow
Also get some gurgling and leaking , but only when tank is close to empty , think I need to use more wick maybe ?
Do find with the RBA I do not make through a full office day (yes I'm a light vaper :p) ....
Joytech really knocked it out of the park , so much I suspect I'm becoming a fanboi (Ego One incoming :) )
I follow @johan's wicking instructions somewhere in this thread. Very minimal leaking. At most just covering the area around the air hole, not flowing out. I need to tinker a bit more. Make sure the smaller screw, which is part of the air hole, is tight.
I just take an occasional vape on it, but it does seem to go through juice quickly. The flavour from that tiny deck is amazing.

My little eGrip had the honour of first to be wicked with Native Wicks. So far seems to be a good product. Certainly do not get that industrial taste I used to get from cotton. Better than Rayon? Time will tell.

eka6aGD.jpg

I also joined the egrip club today. Very impressive little mod. Only downer for me there is no airflow with the stock coils but picking up my rda base tomorrow.

f7c8fc54aa11193a0b4995fd7dc331b6.jpg

I also joined the egrip club today. Very impressive little mod. Only downer for me there is no airflow with the stock coils but picking up my rda base tomorrow.

f7c8fc54aa11193a0b4995fd7dc331b6.jpg
Welcome to the club. Love that drip tip. Yeah, the airflow on the rba is much better.

Yes Welcome Welcome!! I still find myself using this little device so often. Perfect Stealth Device.

That Drip Tip looks the tits! Is that the poseidon ones? I'm still getting some gurgling think my wicking is too light will try more next time but I dare say I would not be using anyhting else anytime soon well besides the ego one

Vaping on a Twisp for 7 months now, being looking for an upgrade, just pulled the trigger on an eGrip based on this review and many others on YouTube, hope it doesn't disappoint

Sent from my GT-I9500

Vaping on a Twisp for 7 months now, being looking for an upgrade, just pulled the trigger on an eGrip based on this review and many others on YouTube, hope it doesn't disappoint

Sent from my GT-I9500
Will be a great upgrade from the Twisp imo. And when you are ready you can get the RBA base and base adapter and build your own coils for an even better vape. Enjoy, remember to post us a pic when you receive and do keep us updated. Shout if you have any questions.

Sent from my GT-I9500
Nice upgrade. Please do yourself a favor and purchase the rba base. It really makes the grip shine.

Already did, thanks. Now enxiously waiting on the delivery man

sent from somewhere in the depth of Gauteng

Day one on the eGrip, cant get over how portable it is, went through two refills, which usually takes me two days to do on the twisp. Cant get over the cloud and taste you get, now I see the light with vape gadget obsessionView attachment 21804

sent from somewhere in the depth of Gauteng

Last edited:
Thanks @Andre
Very interesting

I am miles behind on my egrip, havent yet tried the RBA base. The stock coil is not so good.

Have you tried the BVC coil and if so, how does it compare with a rebuilt coil on the RBA base?

Thanks @Andre
Very interesting

I am miles behind on my egrip, havent yet tried the RBA base. The stock coil is not so good.

Have you tried the BVC coil and if so, how does it compare with a rebuilt coil on the RBA base?
Nope, have not tried it. Using the RBA base.

I doubt that the BVC coil can ever outperform the RBA.

I doubt that the BVC coil can ever outperform the RBA.
Agree, but it apparently outperforms the eGrip commercial coils. Also cheaper I think. This has the side effect that the coil unit base does not screw in flush.

Loving the RBA coil but the linkages really gets to me, I change the coil for the first time and after re-installing it, it didn't want to fire, took some trial and error to get it working, it seems like the wicking was blocking the inlet holes on the RBA base that was my ploblem but now is working again, even though the leak through the base airflow is still there

Back