Joyetech eGrip Review

Been fooling around with re-wicking the eGrip RBA, as I'm not really impressed with the factory fitted wicking material (my imagination just keeps on running in the wrong direction), and my Reo is still in the face lift clinic. What I found works best for me personally:
  • Replace stock wicking material with Rayon
  • Use a thick piece - it must really go in tight through the coil (it should squeal like when you rub a blown up balloon)
  • Cut both ends of Rayon vertical with the outer edge of RBA base (see simple drawing below - cut at dotted lines)
  • Fold the ends up like rabbit ears and screw down the 'chimney'
  • Now use a small screwdriver and tuck down the ends down into the chimney section
  • Avoid tucking it down to cover the 2 liquid holes closest to the coil mounting screws, only cover the 2 holes closest to the coil ends
  • Note: If you cover all 4 holes with wicking material you will experience dry hits at 10W and up
  • Still zero leaks and/or gurgling after second tank
RBA.jpg

Been fooling around with re-wicking the eGrip RBA, as I'm not really impressed with the factory fitted wicking material (my imagination just keeps on running in the wrong direction), and my Reo is still in the face lift clinic. What I found works best for me personally:
  • Use a thick piece - it must really go in tight through the coil (it should squeal like when you rub a blown up balloon)
  • Cut both ends of Rayon vertical with the outer edge of RBA base (see simple drawing below - cut at dotted lines)
  • Now use a small screwdriver and tuck down the ends down into the chimney section
  • Avoid tucking it down to cover the 2 liquid holes closest to the coil mounting screws, only cover the 2 holes closest to the coil ends
  • Note: If you cover all 4 holes with wicking material you will experience dry hits at 10W and up
Thanks you [insert honourable title of your choice here]! So glad your Reo has gone for a face lift for now you have saved me a lot of time experimenting. And your explanation with drawing is perfect. Bookmarked.

@johan. I've been messing around with my eGrip RBA for a while now with various build, but always got the spitting/gurgling. Quickly tried your build now and it's absolutely perfect. Thank you very much for the tip sir.

@johan. I've been messing around with my eGrip RBA for a while now with various build, but always got the spitting/gurgling. Quickly tried your build now and it's absolutely perfect. Thank you very much for the tip sir.

I'm glad it helped, thanks for the compliment but unfortunately you ruined it with addressing me as "sir" :D Please note: (a) I'm not a Brit, and (b) I'm not of any so called aristocracy, and (c) neither did I kneel before the queen.

I'm glad it helped, thanks for the compliment but unfortunately you ruined it with addressing me as "sir" :D Please note: (a) I'm not a Brit, and (b) I'm not of any so called aristocracy.

Oops forgot rule number 2. So let me try again.

Thank you @johan .

Used your method for re-wicking last night. It is perfect - no leaking at all. Thanks again.

I woke up to a cracked tank this morning. Not sure how it happened. Anyone know if these are replaceable?

I woke up to a cracked tank this morning. Not sure how it happened. Anyone know if these are replaceable?

Really bad luck @Keyaam
What juice were you vaping last in it?

Is this tank supposed to be prone to tank cracking? Does anyone know what its made of?

No idea what its made of @Silver - been under the impression that its glass, but I stand to be corrected.

No idea what its made of @Silver - been under the impression that its glass, but I stand to be corrected.

Could not find any official mention of the material, but this review states it has a glass tank o_O
If that is the case then the cracking will most likely be due to impact (or some other external weirdness), not from the liquid used.

Been building my own micro coils and wicking per @johan's method. Much better than the pre-built coils and wicks. Lost the tractor and no more gurgling.

I cant seem to find a replacement for the glass. This is an option i came up with
e413d0304dcad0b021e21b1365df85f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant seem to find a replacement for the glass. This is an option i came up with
e413d0304dcad0b021e21b1365df85f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait. Im confused.

How the fudge did you get an aspire Tank onto the EGrip?

Or am I missing something completely here? :?

@Keyaam most probably rewired from bottom to top, as there is enough space? But the connection would be interesting to see.

Hi guys.....
I must be doing something wrong. I tried @johan build, but I still get leaking from the base and the gurgling. The taste and Vape is awesome but the leaking is getting really annoying.

Any suggestions?

Hi guys.....
I must be doing something wrong. I tried @johan build, but I still get leaking from the base and the gurgling. The taste and Vape is awesome but the leaking is getting really annoying.

Any suggestions?

All I can think of:

1. Check seal on top of RBA
2. Check chimney screwed down properly
3. Check all seals around RBA

Hi guys.....

Any suggestions?
Also check if the middle screw is tight.

tiCD7HX.jpg

Back