Joyetech eGrip Review

Thanks @johan - I started to get a bit worried there ;-)

By the way, I see we are drawing closer to a big 1 year celebration for you
This time I will get it right - we have just over a week to go!

I had this problem for a day then realized the base was not tightly screwed, not sure if this is the same problem you having, but gonna guess it maybe something else, maybe just a poor base and tank fitting :(

sadly , I'm having the same issue , with the standard coil , tried cleaning the tank. Was good the first day now popping and gurgling no matter what I do checked base as well .... weird maybe I should try the other coild or a BVC ?

On my second tank with the RBA base some minor leakage via the air hole. Last night, using their installed coil (dry burned using my little Dremel flame) rewicked with a good piece of rayon. Rabbit ear method of installing coil and wick, making sure the rayon was well stuffed into the base covering all the juice holes in the chimney. No leaking detected thus far.
Wicking looked something like in the picture below (from ECF):

IMG_5302.jpg

Just a few impressions after using the eGrip for a few days (not exclusively, just the odd toot here and there)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421738399.653905.jpg

- no doubt this is the ultimate portable device. Really small and convenient to put in a man bag or a small pocket

- it is heavier than it looks though, so a shirt pocket is not ideal. Lol

- i have only vaped two "half" tanks on it. First bit didnt taste that good. But now, the coil seems to have settled and its vaping and tasting good. I have VM Berry Blaze 18mg in it with a few added VM Menthol concentrate drops. Am vaping the stock coil at the moment.

- airflow is nicely configurable. I have it quite tight. Its tight enough for me. You need a small screwdriver to adjust the airflow screw

- it hasnt leaked at all in the past week or so. I have taken it in the car and have laid it down on its side a few times. This is a good thing for a portable.

- i am still going on the factory charge that came with it. Seems good. Doesnt seem to be reducing in power. I am vaping it at probably about 10 Watts or so. Works well at this point for this juice. I like how easy it is to turn the dial to change the power. You just rotate the dial and listen for each click. I think each click is 1.5 Watts from 8 to 20 Watts.

- because its so small, its not the most comfortable to vape. My nose often touches my hand while tooting. Lol. I now understand why they used a longer drip tip. I find the MVP2/Evod1 more comfortable to hold and vape on. But this is a stealth portable device, not a comfort device.

- wasnt mad about the drip tip but am warming to it. Its sturdy, doesnt wobble, but i generally dont like metal drip tips. This one works fine though and feels better than any other drip tip i put in.

- i havent used the side fill port yet. I just take out the coil at the bottom. But you need a coin to loosen the coil from the unit and tighten it again. A R2 coin works nicely.

- i was apprehensive about the black "rubbery velvety" finish initially, but so far so good. I actually quite like it now. Doesnt really get that dirty or "smudgy" because this device doesnt leak

- on this juice, which i know fairly well, id say the flavour is good. Not brilliant, but good. Nice and clean. Quite crisp. Menthol coming through nicely. Throat hit is reasonable for this power level. Vapour is reasonable too. On par id say with my Evod1. When i up the power it starts tasting funky, so i prefer it lower. Works well for this juice anyway.

Initial Verdict - good stealth and portable solution. I like it and will use it more. I just need to figure out which juices will go well with it.

Just a few impressions after using the eGrip for a few days (not exclusively, just the odd toot here and there)

View attachment 19663

- no doubt this is the ultimate portable device. Really small and convenient to put in a man bag or a small pocket

- it is heavier than it looks though, so a shirt pocket is not ideal. Lol

- i have only vaped two "half" tanks on it. First bit didnt taste that good. But now, the coil seems to have settled and its vaping and tasting good. I have VM Berry Blaze 18mg in it with a few added VM Menthol concentrate drops. Am vaping the stock coil at the moment.

- airflow is nicely configurable. I have it quite tight. Its tight enough for me. You need a small screwdriver to adjust the airflow screw

- it hasnt leaked at all in the past week or so. I have taken it in the car and have laid it down on its side a few times. This is a good thing for a portable.

- i am still going on the factory charge that came with it. Seems good. Doesnt seem to be reducing in power. I am vaping it at probably about 10 Watts or so. Works well at this point for this juice. I like how easy it is to turn the dial to change the power. You just rotate the dial and listen for each click. I think each click is 1.5 Watts from 8 to 20 Watts.

- because its so small, its not the most comfortable to vape. My nose often touches my hand while tooting. Lol. I now understand why they used a longer drip tip. I find the MVP2/Evod1 more comfortable to hold and vape on. But this is a stealth portable device, not a comfort device.

- wasnt mad about the drip tip but am warming to it. Its sturdy, doesnt wobble, but i generally dont like metal drip tips. This one works fine though and feels better than any other drip tip i put in.

- i havent used the side fill port yet. I just take out the coil at the bottom. But you need a coin to loosen the coil from the unit and tighten it again. A R2 coin works nicely.

- i was apprehensive about the black "rubbery velvety" finish initially, but so far so good. I actually quite like it now. Doesnt really get that dirty or "smudgy" because this device doesnt leak

- on this juice, which i know fairly well, id say the flavour is good. Not brilliant, but good. Nice and clean. Quite crisp. Menthol coming through nicely. Throat hit is reasonable for this power level. Vapour is reasonable too. On par id say with my Evod1. When i up the power it starts tasting funky, so i prefer it lower. Works well for this juice anyway.

Initial Verdict - good stealth and portable solution. I like it and will use it more. I just need to figure out which juices will go well with it.
Thanks for your impressions, @Silver.
For me this is much more comfortable to vape than, for example, an iStick with mAN. You need a shorter nose:). And I love the bigger juice capacity.
Mine came with a little tool to adjust the air and take out the coil unit. Check your box.
The side port is a pita to use. I only fill from the bottom as per @johan's recommendation.
Yip, I also experience a consistent power delivery from start to finish.
On the commercial coils the vape is below average for me, but totally leak free.
On the RBA base with their pre-built coil and wick (looks like Japanese cotton) and then with their pre-built coil and my Rayon wicking the vape was above average for me. Awesome flavour and vapour. Throat hit just adequate. However, it is noisy and I got just a drop or two of leaking via the air hole in the RBA base, which I dab with a tissue from time to time. Very irritating. Need to experiment with my own coils and wicking, but need the RBA base adapter for that.

great review @Silver , been vaping Happy Holidays on the little beast must say very very nice .... even at lowest setting

Thanks for your impressions, @Silver.
For me this is much more comfortable to vape than, for example, an iStick with mAN. You need a shorter nose:). And I love the bigger juice capacity.
Mine came with a little tool to adjust the air and take out the coil unit. Check your box.
The side port is a pita to use. I only fill from the bottom as per @johan's recommendation.
Yip, I also experience a consistent power delivery from start to finish.
On the commercial coils the vape is below average for me, but totally leak free.
On the RBA base with their pre-built coil and wick (looks like Japanese cotton) and then with their pre-built coil and my Rayon wicking the vape was above average for me. Awesome flavour and vapour. Throat hit just adequate. However, it is noisy and I got just a drop or two of leaking via the air hole in the RBA base, which I dab with a tissue from time to time. Very irritating. Need to experiment with my own coils and wicking, but need the RBA base adapter for that.

Thanks @Andre

I agree the eGrip is more comfortable than the iStick. Just saying its not as comfortable as the mvp/evod or even the reo mini.

Thanks for the tip to look in the box for the tool. I will see whats in there. Lol

I think i may just skip out building a coil on this. After all, this will probably be just a device ai use on occasion when going to meetings etc. Thanks for the headsup on the minor leaking with the rba coil. That suggests even more to me to stay away from that for my application

Being without my Reo (in for a "borselkop" restyling) I've spend some time with the RBA on the eGrip. @Andre mentioned on another thread that he experienced leaking through the RBA air hole. I've experienced the same when I slightly overfill - solution; turn the eGrip upside down, hold some tissue or toilet paper just above the air hole and blow into the drip tip, wipe excess off and no more gurgling and/or leaking. The RBA needs real good tightening as well otherwise it will gurgle and leak.

@Silver regarding muted flavor - get yourself an eGrip RBA, its not near the Reo, but way beyond better than the stock eGrip coils

Being without my Reo (in for a "borselkop" restyling) I've spend some time with the RBA on the eGrip. @Andre mentioned on another thread that he experienced leaking through the RBA air hole. I've experienced the same when I slightly overfill - solution; turn the eGrip upside down, hold some tissue or toilet paper just above the air hole and blow into the drip tip, wipe excess off and no more gurgling and/or leaking. The RBA needs real good tightening as well otherwise it will gurgle and leak.

@Silver regarding muted flavor - get yourself an eGrip RBA, its not near the Reo, but way beyond better than the stock eGrip coils
Yip, since my last post above, I did experience a drop or two leaking through the RBA base air hole. Nothing major, but still irritating. Thanks for the tip - so you hold it with the air hole facing up and the drip tip facing down? Blowing upwards?
@Silver, I agree get the RBA.

Yip, since my last post above, I did experience a drop or two leaking through the RBA base air hole. Nothing major, but still irritating. Thanks for the tip - so you hold it with the air hole facing up and the drip tip facing down? Blowing upwards?
@Silver, I agree get the RBA.

Yip, exactly as you described.

Just installed the rba base. This thing is chucking the vapour. I tried the standard driptip and it gurgled. Back to the loki lab drip tip and all is well. Ive been using this thing none stop for two weeks now and im impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on ECF.

This is the eGrip after a 30min walk sharing the pocket with a keyring

405587d1421803865t-new-joyetech-20watt-egrip-eg01.jpg

We need these:
10ddf3495340924059ef051983edaa9a.jpg

Posted on ECF.

This is the eGrip after a 30min walk sharing the pocket with a keyring

405587d1421803865t-new-joyetech-20watt-egrip-eg01.jpg

We need these:
10ddf3495340924059ef051983edaa9a.jpg

Agree 100%, but please softer colors, I don't want to "skrik" for my eGrip the morning after.

So we just gonna wait for a local vendor to bring in the sleeves and base?
The RBA base is available locally. Maybe we should ask @Silverbear whether eciggies will be bringing in the RBA adapter and some sleeves? If we bring it in ourselves the shipping to SA and local shipping will probably make it too expensive. I shall PM @Silverbear.

Please let me know via a pm if you guys are gonna do a group buy.

Thanks

Back