Joyetech eGrip Review

Hey guys I thought I would share this little "trick" with you eGrip owners. The small BVC aspire coils for the entry level aspire clearo fit into the eGrip if u swap the bottom parts of the coil heads - thr rubber grommit and contact at bottom need swapping and it screws in ok and vapes amazingly! Give it a try if you own an eGrip

Thanks, I've already posted it in the review ;)

Been using my mine for about three weeks and have really been enjoying it, I have been changing coils at least every 5 days, I find after that it gets nasty, I have ordered an RBA which I am hoping will be a game changer, will let you know when I have it, and will tell you about it.

Been using my mine for about three weeks and have really been enjoying it, I have been changing coils at least every 5 days, I find after that it gets nasty, I have ordered an RBA which I am hoping will be a game changer, will let you know when I have it, and will tell you about it.
That's quite short. What juice you using and what wattage you vaping at?

I seldom go over 10 watts, 8 watts if my comfort zone, I am using 18 mg VG coffee

Dark juice and VG
Quite impressive that the coils handle it though

I know my dark juices destroy my coils, so keep them mainly for the rebuildables

nice review! Gonna get my inshare vape soon! Merry Christmas.

@johan, is that something you recommend one should do every now and then to clean the tank?
Or not necessary?

No not necessary (only for those that are anal about tank cleaning) - I simply run some boiling water through the tank.

Not a feckin clue what he says, but interesting pictures:

And we need these to measure resistance and to pulse coils, etc.
ZiQyyBP.jpg

Tt5SB4C.jpg

@Andre man stop now , this little device is looking more and more appealing , think I need to go visit a certain gentleman today to see if he has stock :)

Have a few bvc coils as well so going to try that also , @Silverbear do you have stock of the rba base as well ?

Tip from cigatron on ECF @Andre (post #1142, p115): Loud popping when you hit the fire button? Bad coil symmetry. Your coil is deformed causing irregular wick compression against the inside of the coil. Four fixes: rewick heavier (more cotton), straighten the coil by firing it then pinching it together with tweezers, replace the coil or gently pry the coil turns apart converting it into a spaced coil. It is Very important to keep coil symmetry when setting contact microcoils. Any deviation from turn to turn, whether it be diameter, straightness or separation, can cause popping, hotspots and a host of other problems.

Have you tried building your own coils or are you using the stock coils that come with the rba base?
Just the coils/wicks that came with the rba base at this moment. Gives a great vape. Will try building my own coils at a later stage.

Tip from cigatron on ECF @Andre (post #1142, p115): Loud popping when you hit the fire button? Bad coil symmetry. Your coil is deformed causing irregular wick compression against the inside of the coil. Four fixes: rewick heavier (more cotton), straighten the coil by firing it then pinching it together with tweezers, replace the coil or gently pry the coil turns apart converting it into a spaced coil. It is Very important to keep coil symmetry when setting contact microcoils. Any deviation from turn to turn, whether it be diameter, straightness or separation, can cause popping, hotspots and a host of other problems.
Thanks @johan. How do you fire the coil outside of the eGrip?

Thanks @johan. How do you fire the coil outside of the eGrip?

You will need an e-Grip to 510 adapter (seen it in the video posted on previous post) - hopefully Vape Club or one of the other local vendors will bring it in.

You will need an e-Grip to 510 adapter (seen it in the video posted on previous post) - hopefully Vape Club or one of the other local vendors will bring it in.
Yes, seen that and did bring it to the attention of the vendors somewhere in here. Have downloaded the video and will watch at my leisure later. Thanks for that.

So , got the Egrip today , and what can I say all the rave was true , vaping Happy Holidays like a champ! Thx @johan

now the impatience starts ... anybody bringing in the RBA base or should we instigate a group buy ? :p

Back