Joyetech eGrip Review

now only if I had an Odin lying around :p , sho but that must look weird chugging away on that LOL

got some incoming drip tips from FT , will try them out as well .....

now only if I had an Odin lying around :p , sho but that must look weird chugging away on that LOL

got some incoming drip tips from FT , will try them out as well .....
Its built for comfort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7bccd1b621410e5ada554576ceba0157.jpg

Try the odin driptip

Have been using the Odin drip tip. It is awesome on the eGrip. And now really stealth! Thanks for the suggestion.

ja also saw those but at $38 eish , luckily I have some contacts in the leather crafts industry so hopefully a buddy can make me a nice custom leather sheath some day :)

think this would look awesome on the little Egrip , not so stealthy bu good looking :

2079801-3.jpg

Or these ?

2080900-1.jpg

Or this could go nice with the black version :

2081002-1.jpg

@Silver I've got the silver finish for quite some time know and use it as my travel PV only; dropped it once on the pavement - zero scratched and no visible fingerprints, apart from my "lipstick" :D on the drip tip.

EG.jpg

I fired up my black eGrip
It works nicely
Just a question, how do you know what wattage you are on?
The dial doesnt show which setting is the setting you have selected
Is it the setting that is pointed downwards when the mod is in an upright position?

Also, i am getting a little bit of a funky taste in my Berry Blaze Menthol mix. I didnt wash it. I assume it will "normalise" over time?

Otherwise all ok so far. Very interesting little device. A bit small. Lol. What is it with me finding these things too small after buying them because they are small.

Last edited:
It works nicely
Is it the setting that is pointed downwards when the mod is in an upright position?

Also, i am getting a little bit of a funky taste in my Berry Blaze Menthol mix. I didnt wash it. I assume it will "normalise" ober time?

Otherwise all ok so far. Very interesting little device. A bit small. Lol. What is it with me finding these things too small after buying them because they are small.

Wattage: don't know how your dial looks like, but as you described; its the setting that is pointed downwards when the mod is in an upright position.

Funky taste: When you fill for 1'st time, put in upright position and let it soak in for at least 5min before you vape, start with lowest setting - only dial in on 20W once you fully open air screw (if you use eGrip stock coils). Get the RBA, but I don't think you will like that airy draw as you like it tight :D.

It works nicely

Also, i am getting a little bit of a funky taste in my Berry Blaze Menthol mix. I didnt wash it. I assume it will "normalise" ober time?

I had no weird flavor when i first filled up. I thought you would enjoy this as much as the reo mini. I think they are about the same height. The wattage setting is at the bottom of the dial. I googled a pic as my dial has no markings for wattage.

It works nicely

This is what the dial on mine looks like. In the picture it is set at 20W.

fJxAcaR.jpg

Mine looks different, will post a pic in the morning.

via Tapatalk

Mine looks different, will post a pic in the morning.

via Tapatalk

Tried to take picture of dial, total flop - had to resort to web to find a dial pic that looks like mine:

EGRB.jpeg

If you look at the dial you will see circles, they go from a small circle to the largest circle, the smallest been 8W and the largest is 20W, hope this helps some watt :)

I am having a nightmare time with this device now. After giving up on the useless stock coils i had (they always spat and strawed liquid to the drip tip hole. Then I tried the BVC coils in it which the first coil worked like a dream then all the other 4 in the pack were horrible and spat even more liquid. So I ordered an RBA base, and guess what it spits too... Want to throw it against the wall lol

I am building it properly and everything should be ok. I've used many different PG/VG ratios too. MAx VG which shouldnt flood the coil still floods... AARRRRGGGGHH

I am having a nightmare time with this device now. After giving up on the useless stock coils i had (they always spat and strawed liquid to the drip tip hole. Then I tried the BVC coils in it which the first coil worked like a dream then all the other 4 in the pack were horrible and spat even more liquid. So I ordered an RBA base, and guess what it spits too... Want to throw it against the wall lol

I am building it properly and everything should be ok. I've used many different PG/VG ratios too. MAx VG which shouldnt flood the coil still floods... AARRRRGGGGHH

Tip from cigatron on ECF (post #1142, p115): Loud popping when you hit the fire button? Bad coil symmetry. Your coil is deformed causing irregular wick compression against the inside of the coil. Four fixes: rewick heavier (more cotton), straighten the coil by firing it then pinching it together with tweezers, replace the coil or gently pry the coil turns apart converting it into a spaced coil. It is Very important to keep coil symmetry when setting contact microcoils. Any deviation from turn to turn, whether it be diameter, straightness or separation, can cause popping, hotspots and a host of other problems.

I had this problem for a day then realized the base was not tightly screwed, not sure if this is the same problem you having, but gonna guess it maybe something else, maybe just a poor base and tank fitting :(

Thanks Johan, will give this one last go lol. It is also the smallest deck known to man hahaha It has popped like a bloody gunshot before lol !

Ya I honestly think I have a dud because EVERYTHING i try ends up gurgling or strawing liquid into my mouth EVERY time lol

Ya I honestly think I have a dud because EVERYTHING i try ends up gurgling or strawing liquid into my mouth EVERY time lol

The only time I've experience serious popping and juice in my mouth was with the RBA at 20W and not enough cotton/rayon. 10 to 15W is enough for me.

@johan , i sincerely hope that Os, the black Reo grand is still in play?

Back