Joyetech eGrip Review

Thanks @Andre

I agree the eGrip is more comfortable than the iStick. Just saying its not as comfortable as the mvp/evod or even the reo mini.

Thanks for the tip to look in the box for the tool. I will see whats in there. Lol

I think i may just skip out building a coil on this. After all, this will probably be just a device ai use on occasion when going to meetings etc. Thanks for the headsup on the minor leaking with the rba coil. That suggests even more to me to stay away from that for my application
As to the minor leaking - think I have found the problem. Lost the washer indicated below! Replaced with one from a commercial coil.

22tkd0J.jpg

Great news @Andre!
I think solving a leak must be one of the most gratifying things for a vaper.
And something only a fellow vaper would understand ;-)

@Andre sounds great ! Maybe we can do a group shipment for Midrand/Centurion/Pta members ? @Stephen Rowley would that be do-able ? Don't want to clutter up this thread so any Centurion/Midrand/Pta members that want in PM me so we can get some numbers to Stephen

Did a cool rebuild on my RBA.

This little unit is a PiTA to build on!

248c57351724913f229521287048c31a.jpg
Why did you not use the holes for the tail ends? That is what they recommend. Yes, it is small....as soon as I get the adapter I shall try.

Why did you not use the holes for the tail ends? That is what they recommend. Yes, it is small....as soon as I get the adapter I shall try.
Using the holes is even more of a nightmare. You have to have the legs perfectly bent and then maneuver them into place without disrupting the coils. Doing it this way the legs are shorter and I have more stability with the coil.

Using the holes is even more of a nightmare. You have to have the legs perfectly bent and then maneuver them into place without disrupting the coils. Doing it this way the legs are shorter and I have more stability with the coil.
Ah, I understand....thanks. Think I shall carefully measure where they have the bend on their pre-made coils and try to imitate that.
Since I found the washer missing mine has been totally leak free and much less noisy and more throat hit. To think one little thingie can be that important! Am really impressed with the vape on RBA base.

I've run into a huge issue on my Egrip now.

I installed the new coil. Filled her up and had a few toots. When I press the button. It fires up. When I leave the button. It continues firing. Worse off is I put it down. Leave it for like 5 minutes, it then starts firing and doesn't stop until I have to switch it off.

Any advice?

I installed the new coil. Filled her up and had a few toots. When I press the button. It fires up. When I leave the button. It continues firing. Worse off is I put it down. Leave it for like 5 minutes, it then starts firing and doesn't stop until I have to switch it off.

Any advice?
Damn, hope you have a backup over there. Maybe there is something wrong with the coil. Do you have commercial coils to test?

Damn, hope you have a backup over there. Maybe there is something wrong with the coil. Do you have commercial coils to test?

I have a backup kit thankfully.

No. I didn't get any commercial coils with it at all when I bought it unfortunately.

Any advice?

Something wrong with firing button - it is suppose to be normally open and should only make contact (close) when you press - by accident some e-juice leaked in there.

Something wrong with firing button - it is suppose to be normally open and should only make contact (close) when you press - by accident some e-juice leaked in there.
Maybe unscrew the top plate and dry it inside with a hair dryer? And on the fire button from the outside.

Thanks for the offer @johan

Shipping will be an absolute ***** to Iraq.

Strange thing again.
I had switched it off. Left it for 20min. Switched it back on and it's purring like a kitten. Doesn't skip a beat and is Vaping beautifully again.

Think my Egrip is posessed.

Maybe some fine sand pa
Thanks for the offer @johan

Shipping will be an absolute ***** to Iraq.

Strange thing again.
I had switched it off. Left it for 20min. Switched it back on and it's purring like a kitten. Doesn't skip a beat and is Vaping beautifully again.

Think my Egrip is posessed.

Totally forgot about your current coordinates - did you found the popular "black" T-shirt for that region? ;-)

Glad you got it sorted - most probably just some fine particle that got stuck between switch and ring.

Maybe some fine sand pa

Totally forgot about your current coordinates - did you found the popular "black" T-shirt for that region? ;-)

Glad you got it sorted - most probably just some fine particle that got stuck between switch and ring.

Ha ha. I haven't been able to locate on yet. Don't have any English speaking colleagues yet.
But I'm on the hunt for you.

@MurderDoll , sorry to hear about the eGrip issue
If you spilt juice in there maybe it will dry out after a while. Or maybe use a hairdryer?
Really hope you come right man

What vaping gear did you take with on your trip?
Did you take a Reo?

Ha ha. I haven't been able to locate on yet. Don't have any English speaking colleagues yet.
But I'm on the hunt for you.

No worries, if its a risk stay away - and if you do, turn it inside out - you don't want to answer questions at SA customs about that logo :D

@MurderDoll , sorry to hear about the eGrip issue
If you spilt juice in there maybe it will dry out after a while. Or maybe use a hairdryer?
Really hope you come right man

What vaping gear did you take with on your trip?
Did you take a Reo?

Yeah. Have my Reo and Sigeili with me.

No worries, if its a risk stay away - and if you do, turn it inside out - you don't want to answer questions at SA customs about that logo :D

Ha ha. Nah. I don't think I should get much hassles. Only thing is trying to find one. Does such a thing actually exist?

Back