Out And About With Your Reo!

Lovely looking place @KB_314
And a seriously beautiful Reo!
What juice was in there?
Thanks @Silver - Steenberg's a treat - feels like a wine farm in Franschhoek or Stellenbosch but just a couple of minutes drive from town. The juice is Muffinman (once my adv, down to my last 15ml and no sight of it coming back to SA :( so it's reserved for Ronda on special occasions)

None of it looks like what we get here... the food looks edible! ;)
Sorry for the OT Rob but did you get the PM I sent last night?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

None of it looks like what we get here... the food looks edible! ;)

Oh, and edible it was. The corner where this restaurant is located has had 4 failed cafes since I've lived in the area. Nando's moved in and has had a line-up most nights for about 7 years. It's considered high end fast food and competes well with about a half-dozen Japanese restaurants (they are everywhere in Vancouver), 4 Pho shops, and 4 burger joints within 3 blocks of it.

Thanks to Nando's, we can now buy peri peri in shops, which was impossible before they arrived in town.

Sorry for the OT Rob but did you get the PM I sent last night?

Nope? But you may have used that PM thing on tapatalk that always confuses the hell out of me and I have to go on my phone to check them... always better to PM me on the main forum.

Oh, and edible it was. The corner where this restaurant is located has had 4 failed cafes since I've lived in the area. Nando's moved in and has had a line-up most nights for about 7 years. It's considered high end fast food and competes well with about a half-dozen Japanese restaurants (they are everywhere in Vancouver), 4 Pho shops, and 4 burger joints within 3 blocks of it.

Thanks to Nando's, we can now buy peri peri in shops, which was impossible before they arrived in town.

That's how Nando's started out here in SA but now it just has a few idiots throwing chicken around and hacking at them with a meat cleaver in unsanitary conditions... I used to love Nandos but the two closest to me just serve salmonella on road kill chicken...

Nope? But you may have used that PM thing on tapatalk that always confuses the hell out of me and I have to go on my phone to check them... always better to PM me on the main forum.
I did actually use the PM option in Tapatalk. I can resend it eciggsa pm if you wish.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I did actually use the PM option in Tapatalk. I can resend it eciggsa pm if you wish.

Yes please... that PM on Tapatalk is not good to use because if someone isn't using Tapatalk they will never see the message... and I very rarely ever use Tapatalk.

Love me some pho!

Well that fantastic hamburger did not agree with me one bit and have been up a few times tonight... and nice to be up early morning to see the beautiful full moon out of my Vape Cave window! The photo just doesn't do the moon any justice...
Moon 002.JPG

Well that fantastic hamburger did not agree with me one bit and have been up a few times tonight... and nice to be up early morning to see the beautiful full moon out of my Vape Cave window! The photo just doesn't do the moon any justice...
View attachment 52221
Agreed, I tried to take a photo of the moon as it was coming over the mountain yesterday and all I saw was a bright dot and blackness.
Wanted to go get my camera but my back is very tender and I didn't get up.

For my SA brothers and sisters - Nando's take away. Peri peri extra hot (of course).

View attachment 51610
I rarely get food from anywhere because I have trust issues.
When I make peri peri chicken I marinate chicken in olive oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic, spices, 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper and about 20 ml of tabasco sauce.
I generally add some peach chutney to give it that sweet BBQ flavour with a serious bite from the pepper :D

@Christos that sounds so nice now. I must give it a try
I think I must braai today or tomorrow or today AND tomorrow.
Haven't had a drink in a while( over 8 days I think).
Tips: medium heat fire for about 30 to 40 minutes.
The chutney burns as it's a sugar so you need to turn very regularly and the marinate tends to be a thick paste which I dip the chicken in before its ready to re-coat that awesome sweet zing.
Also I like having half the weber with more coal and half with less because the olive oil tends to create fire so it's convinient to move the food to a cooler fire.

Back