Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
super video Revn!

How's that crown building coming along?

got all the bits ,so hope to do something tonight , thinking about a different coil configuration ,, will see how i feel later .. pictures will follow

What an awesome video Revn, showing 'em what South Africans are made of :D

First build on the RSST. XC-116 ceramic wick with 28g Kanthal coil, 1.59 ohms. Wicks perfectly at the almost vertical. At 13W (on a Vamo3) the top cap does get rather hot? Vaping Bowdens Mate. Great vapour, adequate TH and the most amazing flavour.
uEbOpWT.jpg

Jeez and I heard it like never burns out and you can just dry burn it clean. Now tell me where did you buy it from?!?! :D

http://sngvapor.com/XC132

This place doesn't ship internationally?

Helios single coil (just for now to try):
- 2mm ID
- 12 wraps
- 28 gauge kanthal
- 1.6ohms
- cotton wick
DSC_6442r.jpg

Looks neat

How does it vape?

Thanks! It vapes pretty decent, nice clouds, but I can do better! Dual coil next time, just gotta watch my ohms since I only have an eVic and an SVD available, no mech mod, so 1.3 ohms lower limit means I need dual 2.6ohm coils, either 20 wraps of 28gauge on 2mm ID or make another plan lol.

Here is a pretty pic

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389465067484.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389465067484.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 53
That is my Dual Crazy 8 build on my Crown , 32g Kanthal , measures out at 1.9 ohms , it's nice ... gonna take out the wicks tonight and redo with just cotton , at the moment there is a mix of silica and cotton .

That is my Dual Crazy 8 build on my Crown , 32g Kanthal , measures out at 1.9 ohms , it's nice ... gonna take out the wicks tonight and redo with just cotton , at the moment there is a mix of silica and cotton .
Looks more like quad coils to me, there must be a lot of wraps one cannot see in the picture or quite a large ID? Where are the clever people? Are those quad coils? Do you divide by 4, TylerD? Looks very professionaly done Rowan.

I did 8 wraps around a small screw driver and then bent the wraps in half , to give a figure of eight effect , four wraps each .

I did 8 wraps around a small screw driver and then bent the wraps in half , to give a figure of eight effect , four wraps each .
Ok, now I understand, thanks. I see a great future for you in coil building, already bending coils and all. Above my pay grade.

Ok, now I understand, thanks. I see a great future for you in coil building, already bending coils and all. Above my pay grade.

If it were a quad coil, you would just divide the value of one coil by 4(if they were identical ), otherwise take the average of all 4 coils and divide by 4...

Exacly what Nooby said @Matthee.
That do look like a good idea @Rowan Francis, but use some 28g and it will go down and be very nice.
I think doing a build like that needs a sub-ohm figure at about 0.7 and it will blow your mind.....not your face.:D

Ok some explaining . I did not have a ruler or sqwat to measure my wire lengths . Calc said 88 mm of wire . I guessed . I was worried about fitting them in the space so I went with 32g being the shortest required .
I now got some tools to get my coils jobbing . See here .
3ubyzuhy.jpg

Ok some explaining . I did not have a ruler or sqwat to measure my wire lengths . Calc said 88 mm of wire . I guessed . I was worried about fitting them in the space so I went with 32g being the shortest required .
I now got some tools to get my coils jobbing . See here .
3ubyzuhy.jpg

only missing a blacksmith's fire and an anvil :D to get all the coils done that are possible

Ok so boredom got better of me decided to recoil kayfun and this is the result .

Sorry for blurry pic.

Dual coil 30g = 1.2 ohm
Coils make an X over air hole

sent from my EviC 2.0

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389475682497.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389475682497.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back