Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cotton also seems to lose it density maybe?
The cotton gets more dense. This then acts as a particle filter that strips away the flavour. At least this is how it appears to me.
You will notice you start to get dry hits even when there is juice in the cotton still. This is a clear indication that it is too dense to act as a true wick.

I'm 100% with Mathee. If you run cotton, change it daily!
Silica can go a couple of days without changing.

The cotton gets more dense. This then acts as a particle filter that strips away the flavour. At least this is how it appears to me.
You will notice you start to get dry hits even when there is juice in the cotton still. This is a clear indication that it is too dense to act as a true wick.

I'm 100% with Mathee. If you run cotton, change it daily!
Silica can go a couple of days without changing.

daily? you serious?

daily? you serious?
Absolutely serious, that is cotton - very easy to insert into your coil, but you have change it frequently. Silica I run for around 7 days with a daily or every second day dryburn, depending on the juice. Trying ceramic wick since Friday.

So I planned a Quad nano coil, but the resistance came in at 3.5 ohm, and I know from personal experience this is way to hot for me, even though my batteries can handle it. I removed 2 of the coils, and converted it to rip tripper's nano dragon setup. Ohm read at 7.3. I packed plenty cotton, and enough juice in there to keep an entire vape meet happy for an hour or 2.
Test fire.
2 thin streams of vape. what a let down.
connected the cap, and took a vape. Harsh on the lungs, and very little taste from this RY1 (one of my new favorite juices. Thanks @mathee. Ordering some more @ month end.)

I expected much more from this legendary build.
So back to micro coils it is then...
Would have loved to post a pic, but only getting replacement phone towards end of the week.

So I planned a Quad nano coil, but the resistance came in at 3.5 ohm, and I know from personal experience this is way to hot for me, even though my batteries can handle it. I removed 2 of the coils, and converted it to rip tripper's nano dragon setup. Ohm read at 7.3. I packed plenty cotton, and enough juice in there to keep an entire vape meet happy for an hour or 2.
Test fire.
2 thin streams of vape. what a let down.
connected the cap, and took a vape. Harsh on the lungs, and very little taste from this RY1 (one of my new favorite juices. Thanks @mathee. Ordering some more @ month end.)

I expected much more from this legendary build.
So back to micro coils it is then...
Would have loved to post a pic, but only getting replacement phone towards end of the week.
Try some thinner wire to bring the resistance up maybe. I presume thats 0.7 ?

@CraftyZA yeah sometimes you have that perfect build planned, everything looks good and then its just a major let down! Happened to me so many times! But then sometimes it goes the other way, plannned a microcoil on the rocket, wrapped it around the wrong screwdriver so it was too big ID and wound up being 2.6ohms instead of the 1.6 I planned, but I tried it anyway and it was one of the best vapes of my life...

Indeed.. Sorry, 0.73 ohm.
Ripped it out, did a .9 ohm duel coil side by side with 30 gauge. Back in vaping heaven.
Gonna try that quad nano again, but next time i will use 12 wraps, with 32 gauge.

so last night i built a coil, installed and tested it in under 10 minutes :)

was too excited to even take pics LOL

came out to 2.5ohms tho :(

need to get down to the 1.8ohm mark

lets see how it looks on the vtr

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Its awesome. Best one I have ever done

It looks a bit silly but I will be getting a tube sooner or later

Nice coil @SVS1000 !
I think the benefit of the VTR over most tube electronic mods is that the VTR can handle sub-ohms (as I understand it - I don't own a VTR though).

Its awesome. Best one I have ever done

It looks a bit silly but I will be getting a tube sooner or later
Does not look silly to me. Anyway, nothing looks silly as long as it keeps you off the stinkies.

Ok , so you want sexy ... try this .uploadfromtaptalk1389892270829.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

@Rowan Francis that is sexy indeed! In fact, that's what I'm looking at right now, snap! (not the beach lol, the vaping device!)

Thanks ... thinking of a new thread along the lines of where's george

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1389938325378.jpguploadfromtaptalk1389938361531.jpg
dual chimney build on aqua
1.2 ohm
30 gauge
flavr is insane still tinkering with different setups

sent from my EviC 2.0

@Zegee , that looks awesome!
I see some people run the cotton wick down into the juice channels as well on the aqua, have you found it works better not to do that?

@Zegee , that looks awesome!
I see some people run the cotton wick down into the juice channels as well on the aqua, have you found it works better not to do that?
honestly haven't noticed yet but will let you know . based on fact that this a tty should work on vacuum principle wouldn't think you would need to line the channels but will definitely check it out
thnx for the tip

sent from my EviC 2.0

Happy birthday @Zegee . I assume that build was one of your birthday gifts to yourself ;-)
enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back