awesome stuff zeegee and slamat on your birthday

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

View attachment 696View attachment 697
dual chimney build on aqua
1.2 ohm
30 gauge
flavr is insane still tinkering with different setups

sent from my EviC 2.0
Cool stuff Zegee. Nice build. What do you call that build? Double chimney build? Looks cool. It is a ***** to get then tails into the screws. I did a plain double with the cotton going into the juice channels. Works a charm. I love the Aqua. It's like a tank dripper. :D

show us what it looks like with the clear tank zee

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

happy birthday Zegee

have a lekker one

just a quick question guys, is it normal for the cotton wick to turn a little brown after using?

i replaced the cotton wick in the IGOL last night, pulled a few drags then when i opened it again i saw the cotton a little brown close to the coil.

just a quick question guys, is it normal for the cotton wick to turn a little brown after using?

i replaced the cotton wick in the IGOL last night, pulled a few drags then when i opened it again i saw the cotton a little brown close to the coil.
That is where it turns brown first, but should not happen so quickly. Did you clean (dryburn, brush) your coil after taking out the old wick - muck in the coil can be the culprit. Or if you wick the cotton too tight, then the juice can not flow inside of the coil. When you insert the cotton you must be able to still move it from side to side inside the coil with just a little friction. It will swell up and be tight enough when you juice up.

That is where it turns brown first, but should not happen so quickly. Did you clean (dryburn, brush) your coil after taking out the old wick - muck in the coil can be the culprit. Or if you wick the cotton too tight, then the juice can not flow inside of the coil. When you insert the cotton you must be able to still move it from side to side inside the coil with just a little friction. It will swell up and be tight enough when you juice up.

i built a new coil, did burn it before installing and also whilst in the IGOL.

i think the cotton may be too tight- ill replace it then check again.

thanks Matthee

Another way to test if your cotton wick is too tight is to juice it just on the end of one tail of the wick. If the juice flows through the coil to the other tail as fast as through the tail you have juiced, the wick should be fine.

Coil building Sunday morning... Will report back!
ypa6y8yr.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Awesome setup RawRam, what are those "dentist looking tools" in the blue holder behind the blowtorch?

Awesome setup RawRam, what are those "dentist looking tools" in the blue holder behind the blowtorch?
looks like a tweezer set, here you can check different ones:
http://www.communica.co.za/Catalog/Browse?search=tweezer

I have been using one from the misses, and keep it hidden now :D

Btw, I bought a really nice box the other day, it is small and keeps all vape tools i currently need. also storing the Evods and the Protank, with the coils, in there:

http://www.makro.co.za/p/4707/big-jim-36cm-tool-organiser/

At Builders Warehouse it was 50 bucks...
http://www.communica.co.za/Catalog/Browse?search=tweezer

Last edited:
Thanks @Tom, super

Didn't think of Communica as a source for all these types of things. Doh.

As for the Makro Big Jim box - thanks for that. I saw a smaller one the other day at Builders Warehouse, but I need to get myself a bigger one ;-) Thanks

I saw a smaller one the other day at Builders Warehouse, but I need to get myself a bigger one ;-) Thanks
the one I posted is small(ish). Smaller then that is not worth it, would be tupperware then :D

Exactly as @Tom said, tweezers kit. And the toolbox is a Big Jim I picked up at Game... Feels a bit small now though!

@Mathee, indeed... With all these odds and ends, organisation is essential!

My very first 1 ohm coil! Five wraps of 28ga kanthal around a 2mm steel rod. Vaping Vapemob's Mango intense on a Chimbus and Chemesis with the 20 amp MNKE 18650.
9u3une8e.jpg

@Gazzacpt so good! 18mg nic is too much though, can barely get a 2 sec lung hit without coughing... Have some 6mg juice on the way from @Oupa though. Can't wait!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

be5u6aje.jpg
so this is my first coil that actually tasted any good. No dry hits or burned taste. 1.9ohms on 3mm ekowool,Vaping at 10watts on my SVD. Intense Double Apple .9% nic.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back