Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
a coil style "how-to" for the Kayfun / Russian owners....Z coil , no blabla, just showing how to do it in detail. Who will be the SA guinea pig? :D

tyler let me know how it turns out

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Why do you show me things like this Tom. Now I'll have to try it. Did a new build just yesterday! Oi!!!:D
i wished i could try it myself, gotta wait for another month...that's why i looked for guinea pigs :D

RSST build:
- 2mm ID
- 12wraps
- 28 gauge kanthal
- 1.8ohms
- #500 stainless steel mesh covered with a teeny tiny little bit of cotton at the top only
DSC_6450r.jpg
The technique is to roll the SS mesh pretty tight and not too thick (thinner than the wick hole) then you use the burrs on the SS mesh to pick up little fluffs of cotton by wiping it over a piece of cotton, you roll it between your fingers to tighten it up and then insert it gently through the microcoil. RiP Trippers has a good video on this.

How does it vape?
- blows some pretty big clouds although the stock airhole on RSST is real limit here, will drill out soon.
- so far I have to say the flavour is some of the cleanest I've ever had.

all having fun today, buiding coils? :D
I have tried another microcoil as well, my first ones were all on a 1.5mm drill bit, 1.3 - 1.4 ohm. then i went to a 2mm drill bit, also 1.4 ohm. Today i tested again with the 1.5 mm, but more wraps. came out to 1.8 ohm with 0.28 wire and 13 wraps.
still don't know what the difference is....i was somewhat happy with all 3 different setups.

RSST build:
- 2mm ID
- 12wraps
- 28 gauge kanthal
- 1.8ohms
- #500 stainless steel mesh covered with a teeny tiny little bit of cotton at the top only
View attachment 666
The technique is to roll the SS mesh pretty tight and not too thick (thinner than the wick hole) then you use the burrs on the SS mesh to pick up little fluffs of cotton by wiping it over a piece of cotton, you roll it between your fingers to tighten it up and then insert it gently through the microcoil. RiP Trippers has a good video on this.

How does it vape?
- blows some pretty big clouds although the stock airhole on RSST is real limit here, will drill out soon.
- so far I have to say the flavour is some of the cleanest I've ever had.
Super neat coil that. Yes ss is very neutral for me as well, but so much work for this lazy guy. Did you coil on the ss or coil separately and insert the ss with cotton?

Yup, @Matthee have to agree, the SS is just so much effort torching and quenching etc!
Coiled separately and attached to posts, then inserted the SS with cotton.
It's a nice setup but it doesn't wick as fast as I would like, chain vaping and you have to tilt it upside down to re wet the cotton every couple pulls.

Heh sounds like I need start selling some pre torched ss wicks, rolled and cut to length :)

Yup, @Matthee have to agree, the SS is just so much effort torching and quenching etc!
Coiled separately and attached to posts, then inserted the SS with cotton.
It's a nice setup but it doesn't wick as fast as I would like, chain vaping and you have to tilt it upside down to re wet the cotton every couple pulls.
Try it with a ekowool sock at the top, they say. I have just very recently built my RSST for the first time, but with a ceramic wick (XC-116) and it wicks exceptionally. Only on the last dregs did I have to tilt some, never upside down.

Try it with a ekowool sock at the top, they say. I have just very recently built my RSST for the first time, but with a ceramic wick (XC-116) and it wicks exceptionally. Only on the last dregs did I have to tilt some, never upside down.

Get ss rope. Mesh doesn't wick fast enough. You'll have to tilt it. Rope wicks almost vertical. You tilt it too much it will flood.

Sent from the Millennium Falcon

Has anyone seen the Tiger coil. Where do you get flat ribbon from?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

watched that vid from Rip tripper too ... now to find flat ribbon or an old toaster !!

Dumb question. Ok not dumb but a question :). When do you allow coils to touch(evenly), and when should they be spaced

Doesnt it change the resistance. But why touching

Surely it changes the resistance. Touching is the basis of micro coils. Supposedly it gets much hotter much quicker giving you better flavour, vapour and throat hit. But many vaper still prefer wrapping directly to the wicking material (mostly silica), wraps not touching and more or less evenly space.. Experiment to see what you prefer.

Touching works best

thats_what_she_said.jpg

:D

If only someone would manufacturer a clip on microcoil.

Most of my setups are done with a normal wrap around silica or ekowool. I HAVE NO DOUBT that the micro coil is the better coil, but we don't know of anything other than cotton that can feed a microcoil from a tank fast enough.

Bottom feeders or top drippers don't have this issue and that's why were able to chase clouds with them, but wouldn't it be sweet if we could do this with tank systems without having to use cotton?

I see there's ekowool available now with a cotton core running through it. I'd love to give that stuff a go.

Sent from the Millennium Falcon

guys just a quick question, at which point do you know when to change the cotton in your coil?

guys just a quick question, at which point do you know when to change the cotton in your coil?

I would say when the taste and vapor starts dying out or becoming minimal..

isnt that when you supposed to add more juice :)

Lmao... For me I can see and taste the difference with a new piece of cotton. I use to think it's my battery dying, but then I swapped out the cotton, rinse the coil and do a dry burn... Vapor and taste improves significantly. It can also be due to the fact that the coil becomes a sludge fest. The cotton also seems to lose it density maybe?

You can usually taste it in the change of quality of the juice. I used to change daily regardless. For gunky juices even more frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back