Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
This, triple twisted 30g coil with 7 wraps on a 1.5 mm ID at 0.62 ohms and cotton wicked, absolutely rocks on the Reomizer2. Best flavour I have ever gotton from HHV's Dark Horse. The throat hit, added to by the coil position, hits as I prefer it - like a steam train. Need more 30g wire!
Wvy2IJW.jpg

Oh, so was it your first time using ekowool then?

I see, then with 18mg you must have felt exactly like me at the vapemeet. Worst part is that it was self inflicted because you were testing the flow ;-)
now a back to back comparison:

Ekowool standard wrap vs Cotton in Microcoil

I made a coil with Ekowool last week, and it came out at 0.8 ohms, standard wrap around the wick. It definitely holds the juice better, getting more puffs out then with cottonwool. I never had a dry hit. I vaped Gambit last night, and I also had my daughter try it (yes...she smokes :mad:). She said that it was very smooth on the throat for the first time. She occasionally serves as my guinea pig. This also corresponds to my feeling, it produced a lesser TH then any of my coils before.

Therefore I made again a microcoil today, came out at 0.7 ohms, and used cottonwool again. Vaped once again Gambit. Throat hit back to normal.

Flavorwise I did not notice a significant difference, maybe a tiny bit more flavor on the cottonwool.

My winner is....

Draw! If you want lesser TH, like my daughter prefered, it would be the standard wrap with ekowool with the added benefit of good liquid storage and flow. If you prefer better TH and a bit more flavor its the microcoil with cottonwool. Although I will test soon the microcoil with 1mm Ekowool doubled (it's waiting for me in Germany)

edit: after 2 hours vaping Gambit, the winner is actually the microcoil/cotton setup. this is way better in all aspects, TH, flavor and plumes. Got used to the ekowool setup in the past week. The storage capabilties don't make up for the rest, which is imho the key to good vaping!

Last edited:

I made a coil with Ekowool last week, and it came out at 0.8 ohms, standard wrap around the wick. It definitely holds the juice better, getting more puffs out then with cottonwool. I never had a dry hit. I vaped Gambit last night, and I also had my daughter try it (yes...she smokes :mad:). She said that it was very smooth on the throat for the first time. She occasionally serves as my guinea pig. This also corresponds to my feeling, it produced a lesser TH then any of my coils before.

Therefore I made again a microcoil today, came out at 0.7 ohms, and used cottonwool again. Vaped once again Gambit. Throat hit back to normal.

Flavorwise I did not notice a significant difference, maybe a tiny bit more flavor on the cottonwool.

My winner is....

Draw! If you want lesser TH, like my daughter prefered, it would be the standard wrap with ekowool with the added benefit of good liquid storage and flow. If you prefer better TH and a bit more flavor its the microcoil with cottonwool. Although I will test soon the microcoil with 1mm Ekowool doubled (it's waiting for me in Germany)
I used the Ecowool the night you told me to and I took two tugs and changed back to cotton. I think I am just a cotton kind of guy.

yip...this was now really back to back, same juice, almost same ohms...

This, triple twisted 30g coil with 7 wraps on a 1.5 mm ID at 0.62 ohms and cotton wicked, absolutely rocks on the Reomizer2. Best flavour I have ever gotton from HHV's Dark Horse. The throat hit, added to by the coil position, hits as I prefer it - like a steam train. Need more 30g wire!
Wvy2IJW.jpg

Are you running the coil building workshop this Saturday oom?

I used the Ecowool the night you told me to and I took two tugs and changed back to cotton. I think I am just a cotton kind of guy.

Ever come across a juice that didn't play well with cotton? I just can't do VM4 on cotton I don't know if its because I'm use to it with silica but I reckon I gave it a fair chance. So I got a ekowool coil for VM4 and use cotton for everything else. Am I strange? Wait don't answer :p

Ever come across a juice that didn't play well with cotton? I just can't do VM4 on cotton I don't know if its because I'm use to it with silica but I reckon I gave it a fair chance. So I got a ekowool coil for VM4 and use cotton for everything else. Am I strange? Wait don't answer :p
weirdo :p
hmm, I forgot to test with VM4. Only used ChocMint and Gambit with the ekowool. Ok, next time around....got plenty new toys soon

I must say, before now, last time I used VM4 was on my RSST, and yes it was a different juice than in the Kayfun with cotton. I will give the silica one more chance with the VM4.
With the cotton, I get a more of a tobacco taste than caramel taste.

Wanted to post this and then CVS posted the sale. Anyway.
26g Kanthal 13 wrapps dual on Aqua. Came to 0,68 ohm.
Nice and warm. Just takes a while to warm up.
Awesome taste and plumes deluxe!
20140212_162601.jpg

Haven't gone below 0.9 maybe I should take a page out your book and do a crazy dualcoil build. Those are very neat coils

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Wvy2IJW.jpg
I love the twisted coils. Got 32g tripple twisted on both the kayfuns and it is just what I wanted! Glad to see this on the Reo!

I love the twisted coils. Got 32g tripple twisted on both the kayfuns and it is just what I wanted! Glad to see this on the Reo!
Am much impressed with the twisted coil, @TylerD. And, as opposed to heavier wire, the heat up and cool down is quick. Must still try it in 32g.

My winner is....

edit: after 2 hours vaping Gambit, the winner is actually the microcoil/cotton setup. this is way better in all aspects, TH, flavor and plumes. Got used to the ekowool setup in the past week. The storage capabilties don't make up for the rest, which is imho the key to good vaping!

Thanks @Tom, great to hear that detailed feedback.

My cotton on the IGO-L is treating me very well, but I have yet to experiment with coils.

@TylerD's supervised coil from the Vape Meet is now on its 13th day and still going. I do notice slightly less throat hit than in the first few days... I've changed the cotton a few times... I think I may have disturbed the coil a bit.

Dear Cumulus Physician, (aka @TylerD), where do you get this twisted coil from? Do you twist the 32g yourself or does it come in twisted format? Sorry, I am still a coil noob.

Thanks @Tom, great to hear that detailed feedback.

My cotton on the IGO-L is treating me very well, but I have yet to experiment with coils.

@TylerD's supervised coil from the Vape Meet is now on its 13th day and still going. I do notice slightly less throat hit than in the first few days... I've changed the cotton a few times... I think I may have disturbed the coil a bit.
Have you dry burned the coil?

So this is my first Reo build

it took me all of 2 min to wrap a coil and wick it and screw onto the reo to get vaping ( was in a hurry to start vaping)
very basic setup 9/10 wrap around 1.5mm drill bit with cotton wick

So this is my first Reo build

it took me all of 2 min to wrap a coil and wick it and screw onto the reo to get vaping ( was in a hurry to start vaping)
very basic setup 9/10 wrap around 1.5mm drill bit with cotton wick
Good one. Easy peasy on the Reomizer!

Okidoki, here is my first coil on the Reomizer then.

Very quick coil with 28g on 1.5mm drill. Came out to 1.2ohm.

I am so surprized at the plumes I got with my first shot!
Taste? Well I'm using a juice I made and I haven't tested it with any other equipment. But already amazing.
I will be playing around....alot because I can. :D

It works perfect! My little Spongebob. (I feel a tear developing...)
20140214_114847.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back