Vapour Mountain - Juice Reviews

Excellent and accurate review @Andre. I agree 100% with your statement: " ... VM4 Special Reserve has done the oak aging far better than 5 Pawns for their said product".

VM4 SPECIAL RESERVE (Oak aged)

Company: Vapour Mountain

Mod: Reo Mini
Watts/Volts: Around 27W

Atomiser: Chalice III
Coil Resistance: 0.61 ohms
Wicking Material: Ceramic

Strength: 12mg (Available in 6 and 12 mg)
Price: R200 for 30 ml

Website blurb:
Vapour Mountain’s top seller has been given the 5 star Oak aging treatment. This batch was matured in American Oak. Just the right amount of time to impart the woody and earthy aromas you expect to find in a good whiskey, as well as tone down the sweetness of our standard VM4. The tobacco flavour is also slightly more pronounced than in our standard VM4. Indulge in this fine juice while sipping on your favourite whiskey, brandy or fine red wine!

Reviewer Notes:

VM4 has been a winner around here for a long time. Many a vaper has "grown up" on VM4. Looking back at the reviews in this thread, a few have found it too sweet (of course a "less sweet" order option exists) and some found it to be not enough on the tobacco side. To all of those - the VM4 Special Reserve is a MUST try. Personally, I love a well steeped "normal" VM4, but more as a dessert vape.

The foundation of VM4 Special Reserve is still unmistakably VM4. On both the inhale and the exhale you get the full roundness of a luscious caramel tempered by a touch of vanilla. But, wait, where is that sweetness of caramel that usually attacks the senses? It is not there! What a bargain - the full taste sensation and aroma without the cloying sweet.

On the inhale, but only around the outer edges I detect the influence of the oak aging. A slight woodiness. With it a bit of the tobacco, for sure more than in VM4, but still not the main role player - cannot wait to see how the tobacco notes are affected by steeping (will have to get some new stock for that - this bottle is almost gone:)).

On the exhale the full effect of the wood maturation and some more tobacco is enjoyed. If you have tasted an oak aged juice before (like 5 Pawns Castle Long Reserve), the effect thereof is clear, but not easily described. For me in the case of VM4 Special Reserve, this includes a tingling touch of tart, which cleans the palate and stays as a refreshing aftertaste - coating the inside of the mouth and even the lips. I think VM4 Special Reserve has done the oak aging far better than 5 Pawns for their said product.

No doubt in my mind this is a special juice, playing in the league of exclusive premium juices. At half the price!

VM4 Special Reserve almost deserves more than a 10/10 - a winner for sure @Oupa!
I agree! This juice is something special for sure. Thanks for the review!

@Andre, thanks for an outstanding review!

I was one of those that complained about the original VM4 being too sweet for me. Love the way you described it with the caramel "attacking the senses". Spot on.

This one I definitely want to order. And I love the way it sounds in your descriptions.

I actually did taste it on the Vapecon weekend. @Oupa gave me a toot on one of his devices. I did notice it was much less sweet. But a few toots was not enough.

Looking forward to this.

Sounds like it's a juice I would need. Time for a trip to SA asap.....

Think you will love it @Tom. If you not coming here soon, I can order you a bottle or two and post it?
Great offer. Appreciate it! Maybe i must first see if a colleague, who is arriving today in CT, non vaper tho, can receive and bring. Dont know yet how to do it, will think about later in my hotel. On my way to Naples now.

Pity i could not make it for that trip. ...but i go on a short leave period next week. Besides that..... too cold now inSA

Great offer. Appreciate it! Maybe i must first see if a colleague, who is arriving today in CT, non vaper tho, can receive and bring. Dont know yet how to do it, will think about later in my hotel. On my way to Naples now.

Pity i could not make it for that trip. ...but i go on a short leave period next week. Besides that..... too cold now inSA

Naples!
Wow @Tom
Thats so cool.

This is a quick review of a DIY blend I have been vaping for some time
I call it "Lime Ice"
It uses two of @Oupa's flavour concentrates - Lime and Menthol

Have vaped it in tanks, the Reo/RM2 and the Reo/Nuppin

Its absolutely wonderful.
- the Lime is so pure and natural tasting. Sour and delicious. Accurate.
- VM's menthol is also very good. I have tried others but I find myself coming back to VM Menthol for this mix.

Vaping this juice is very refreshing and reminds me of drinking a nice tall Lime and Soda drink. With lots of ice cubes. The Lime gives it a sour tang and then the menthol chills the throat. Especially lovely on longer lung hits.

What i also like about this juice is that its clear in colour and easy on the coils and wicks. I can easily get 15ml on Rayon in the Nuppin with this. Very little gunking up.

Edit - pic added in
Vaping it right now!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437033709.620837.jpg

Last edited:
It's only appropriate that I review the juice I buy in half a litre batches and vape on 97% of the time... and that is Vapour Mountain Tropical Ice... I started on straight Menthol Ice and one day I added some Vapour Mountain Coconut Concentrate and as they say in the classics the rest is HISTORY! I got so tired of mixing the juice and telling everyone the recipe because they wanted to try it that @Oupa decided to make it as a standard line! And then it also became the first of the juices locally to be released in 100ML bottles!

I can't really describe it as anything other than heaven in a bottle... it is just one of those juices that are "special" and I have tried a lot of menthol juices and nothing really come close to Tropical Ice!

And here we have a picture of me mixing Tropical Ice in the old days!
Tropical Ice 002.JPG

And here is an order these days!
VapeMail 009 (2).JPG

PS. @Oupa an XXXL Hoodie please. ;-)

VM Choc Mint
20150716_102327.jpg
Cloupor mini with Derringer
1.4 ohm single 28g coil at 20watt
Wick: Jap cotton

After my juice pif yesterday from @Genosmate there was a bottle of this juice and it came to the testing table last night

Nice chocolate vape with a just a small coolness in the back of your throat. I am not a big chocolate fan but it can work as a in between for your ADV

My Vapour Mountain Joose Journey :hi:

VM4

My 'old gold' if you will, VM4 has been my ADV for 2 and half months now and I dont see that changing very soon. Vape it as soon as I get it but with some steeping it becomes next level, which is all the more reason for me to buy 100ml bottles way before I run out. :inlove:

VM Choc Mint

Great chocolate inhale, with a throat hit and exhale of cool mint, satisfying to say the least. I love this 'joose' especially after meals, its like eating a Peppermint Crisp. 100ml bottles are a necessity for me, period!

VM Tropical Ice

A 'joose' fit for the Skipper in you ;-)
Tropical Ice caught me off guard, I ordered a sample bottle of this purely to see what Rob Fisher was on about, I'm not a menthol guy, in fact I couldn't stand menthol cigarettes at all but then this little juice bottle arrived and I was slapped up side the head..."Winner, winner, chicken dinner!" it truly is.
At this point I thought, it might be a once in a while vape so only reorder a 30ml....boy was I wrong,
Cool in and cool out with a hint of coconut..ahhhh bliss.
Did someone say 100ml bottles? :nod:

VM XXX

After reading about this fruity vape and it's awards at Vapecon, I just had to give it a try.
I enjoy dripping in between my ADV's with random flavors to avoid vapors tongue and this juice has done very well to fill the gaps.
I get an entanglement of berries and litchi on the inhale with a refreshing cool exhale, fantastic.

VM Dark Orange

Another in between-er 'joose' I'm really enjoying.
If you are looking for an authentic Dark Chocolate and citrus flavor from a 'joose', look no further.
Great juice after a meal and does surprisingly well with a beer.
Sounds like a win to me. :rock:

Local is indeed lekker :clap:

:hi:

My Vapour Mountain Joose Journey :hi:

VM4

My 'old gold' if you will, VM4 has been my ADV for 2 and half months now and I dont see that changing very soon. Vape it as soon as I get it but with some steeping it becomes next level, which is all the more reason for me to buy 100ml bottles way before I run out. :inlove:

VM Choc Mint

Great chocolate inhale, with a throat hit and exhale of cool mint, satisfying to say the least. I love this 'joose' especially after meals, its like eating a Peppermint Crisp. 100ml bottles are a necessity for me, period!

VM Tropical Ice

A 'joose' fit for the Skipper in you ;-)
Tropical Ice caught me off guard, I ordered a sample bottle of this purely to see what Rob Fisher was on about, I'm not a menthol guy, in fact I couldn't stand menthol cigarettes at all but then this little juice bottle arrived and I was slapped up side the head..."Winner, winner, chicken dinner!" it truly is.
At this point I thought, it might be a once in a while vape so only reorder a 30ml....boy was I wrong,
Cool in and cool out with a hint of coconut..ahhhh bliss.
Did someone say 100ml bottles? :nod:

VM XXX

After reading about this fruity vape and it's awards at Vapecon, I just had to give it a try.
I enjoy dripping in between my ADV's with random flavors to avoid vapors tongue and this juice has done very well to fill the gaps.
I get an entanglement of berries and litchi on the inhale with a refreshing cool exhale, fantastic.

VM Dark Orange

Another in between-er 'joose' I'm really enjoying.
If you are looking for an authentic Dark Chocolate and citrus flavor from a 'joose', look no further.
Great juice after a meal and does surprisingly well with a beer.
Sounds like a win to me. :rock:

Local is indeed lekker :clap:

:hi:
You make them all sound so good, I have to agree that VM4 is a really great juice, can't seem to get bored of it. Can't wait to try the XXX and Dark Orange, the courier guy has mine, should be here on Monday :D

You make them all sound so good, I have to agree that VM4 is a really great juice, can't seem to get bored of it. Can't wait to try the XXX and Dark Orange, the courier guy has mine, should be here on Monday :D

Hahaha thanks bro, its kind of easy really because they are all great juices. The best part for me is that they are locally made so a shortage is unlikely and I'll be a happy vaper for as long as Vapour Mountain is around :dance:

Thanks all! Much appreciated. Keep it coming... :D

Hi all

This is a special review and one I have looked forward to for quite a long time. It is of our Skipper @Rob Fisher's famous juice, Tropical Ice. This juice became a standard offering from @Oupa after Rob Fisher discovered adding Coconut concentrate into the ready-made Menthol Ice juice.

Took me a while to get round to it (much to Rob Fisher's disapproval, lol) - but I got a 10ml tester and a 30ml bottle a while back. I have been vaping it on various devices for about a month. I paid R120 for the 30ml and R50 for the 10ml tester. I got the 18mg strength. The juice is approximately 50/50 PG/VG.

Vapour Mountain - TROPICAL ICE (18mg)

Bottom line - I enjoyed vaping this for its strong menthol blast and throat hit. However, for my tastebuds, there was a slight artificial tone and a "sterileness" which detracted slightly. I also found myself wanting to taste the coconut more. I would vape it again, but I don't think it will be something I'll vape on a regular basis. I probably will not re-order.

VM Tropical Ice.jpg

It has a light orangey colour and not much smell.

I get a very strong menthol icy blast followed by a slight coconut background. The menthol has a slight sweetness to it. It's not pure menthol as I know it from my menthol concentrate DIY but I suspect the different taste is from whatever else is in the Menthol Ice base juice. The coconut is very slight and sometimes it's quite difficult to taste it.

The juice is slightly sweet, as I said before, something perhaps in the Menthol Ice base juice - or maybe from the coconut. I find this juice to be very dry. It leaves my mouth feeling dry and I get quite thirsty after vaping it.

It's a cool vape with all the menthol - and very refreshing. I like that.

However, there are two things about the taste of this juice that I found to be minor negatives. First was a slight artificial/synthetic taste that I got. After vaping for a while, I got used to it and it wasn't noticeable. Another minor negative was that the juice had a slight "clinical" taste to it. A bit sterile. Sort of reminds me of a hospital.

Throat hit was strong and I liked that a lot. The 18mg delivers well and the menthol helps with the punch. When in need of a good strong vape, this definitely satisfies.

I found the juice had good vapour production. I wasn't trying to blow clouds but they were satisfying. Nothing short in that department.

As for texture, I'd say this juice was in the middle of being rough versus smooth. It has a granular type of texture, which I think works well for this.

Regarding boldness, this is a bold juice. It's not mellow. The 18mg together with the strong menthol blast makes it a strong vape. Very nice and I liked that. I would say this juice (in 18mg) is not well suited as a mindless all-dayer. Its for those occasions when you need a jolt and a refresh. It's strong and dry.

The aftertaste is quite a strong menthol and stays for a while. I get no coconut. But it does leave my mouth quite dry. After a few minutes I am reaching for the water bottle.

Overall, I liked this juice a lot for its strong menthol blast and throat hit. Pity that the coconut doesn't come through much but it is there.

I tried this juice in three setups. Reo/RM2 for mouth to lung accurate flavour production, Reo/Nuppin for lung hits and the Nautilus Mini/iStick20W for a milder vape. I found that the juice vaped beautifully in all three setups with no problems at all. I liked Rayon in the RM2 and Nuppin - as I prefer Rayon for the menthol juices. My comments in the three setups were as follows:
  • Reo/RM2 - I found this setup to have the best flavour for me. I got more hints of the coconut in here and I got the best overall taste.
  • Reo/Nuppin - glorious menthol flavour on long lung hits. I did dilute the juice with a little bit of added VG (1ml of VG to 4ml of the juice), so my mix in here was about 14 or 15mg. No big flavour drop. Good clouds. Less coconut flavour though.
  • Nautilus Mini/istick20 - just to see what a milder vape would be like at around 10 Watts. The juice comes through well although it's quite a lot less intense than the other two. It's a softer vape and there is less menthol burn. Very nice flavour though. Coconut still elusive.
I think any menthol lovers will like this juice. The coconut does give the standard Menthol Ice a slight twist. But it's still a strong menthol. If you don't like menthol, don't try this.

Packaging:
- Good packaging overall
- Standard Vapour Mountain easy to use plastic squeezable bottles
- The labelling is adequate. The flavour name is a bit small and sometimes its not easy to tell the difference between several VM bottles standing next to each other. There is no mention of the PG/VG ratio on the bottle.
- The cap is not of the "child deterrent" variety

Equipment used:
- REO Grand/RM2 - single 0.9 ohm coil - Rayon wick - (15 to 19 Watts, depending on battery level)
- REO Grand/Nuppin2 - dual 0.5 ohm coil - Rayon wicks - (29 to 35 Watts, depending on battery level)
- Nautilus Mini/iStick20 - std 1.8 ohm BVC coil - around 10 Watts

Lovely review @Silver - interesting how subjective taste is; I found the coconut in perfect balance with the menthol on the RM2 (a tad more coconut and I won't like it). Coincidentally vaping it today in 12mg (diluted down to +/- 9mg with 50/50 flavourless PG/VG).

Lovely review @Silver - interesting how subjective taste is; I found the coconut in perfect balance with the menthol on the RM2 (a tad more coconut and I won't like it). Coincidentally vaping it today in 12mg (diluted down to +/- 9mg with 50/50 flavourless PG/VG).

Thanks @johan
Much appreciated!

Indeed, taste is so subjective.
Also, it's so difficult to describe what one picks up.
And the slightest differences in our taste buds can make the same juice taste quite different across different people.

It has to be said, @Rob Fisher , I was nervous to review this juice because I know how much you like it and how much of it you have vaped. Basically there is a Tropical Ice pipeline from CT to your house. Lol

But all I can say is that i have a lot of respect for you that you vape this so much. It is an intense juice indeed!

It has to be said, @Rob Fisher , I was nervous to review this juice because I know how much you like it and how much of it you have vaped. Basically there is a Tropical Ice pipeline from CT to your house. Lol

But all I can say is that i have a lot of respect for you that you vape this so much. It is an intense juice indeed!

I'm a bit sad it's not an ADV for you Hi Ho! But we all have different taste buds... great review none the less!! :rock:

interesting review @Silver

its also good that tastes are so different..... as in everything. Imagine everyone would like the same things.

also read now all the other reviews from recently.... shows that VM is still top notch SA juice, that does not have to hide. I am patiently waiting for the next trip (if it doesnt happen in 2015 I might have to have it shipped here ;) ).... and will sure try the Dark Orange as well. Sounds very tempting.....

interesting review @Silver

its also good that tastes are so different..... as in everything. Imagine everyone would like the same things.

also read now all the other reviews from recently.... shows that VM is still top notch SA juice, that does not have to hide. I am patiently waiting for the next trip (if it doesnt happen in 2015 I might have to have it shipped here ;) ).... and will sure try the Dark Orange as well. Sounds very tempting.....

Thanks @Tom,

you are right about different tastes.

You should also try the Oak aged VM4, Im sure you have heard about it? Hope you can make it here and we can all meet up

Hi all

This is a special review and one I have looked forward to for quite a long time. It is of our Skipper @Rob Fisher's famous juice, Tropical Ice. This juice became a standard offering from @Oupa after Rob Fisher discovered adding Coconut concentrate into the ready-made Menthol Ice juice.

Took me a while to get round to it (much to Rob Fisher's disapproval, lol) - but I got a 10ml tester and a 30ml bottle a while back. I have been vaping it on various devices for about a month. I paid R120 for the 30ml and R50 for the 10ml tester. I got the 18mg strength. The juice is approximately 50/50 PG/VG.

Vapour Mountain - TROPICAL ICE (18mg)

Bottom line - I enjoyed vaping this for its strong menthol blast and throat hit. However, for my tastebuds, there was a slight artificial tone and a "sterileness" which detracted slightly. I also found myself wanting to taste the coconut more. I would vape it again, but I don't think it will be something I'll vape on a regular basis. I probably will not re-order.

View attachment 31628

It has a light orangey colour and not much smell.

I get a very strong menthol icy blast followed by a slight coconut background. The menthol has a slight sweetness to it. It's not pure menthol as I know it from my menthol concentrate DIY but I suspect the different taste is from whatever else is in the Menthol Ice base juice. The coconut is very slight and sometimes it's quite difficult to taste it.

The juice is slightly sweet, as I said before, something perhaps in the Menthol Ice base juice - or maybe from the coconut. I find this juice to be very dry. It leaves my mouth feeling dry and I get quite thirsty after vaping it.

It's a cool vape with all the menthol - and very refreshing. I like that.

However, there are two things about the taste of this juice that I found to be minor negatives. First was a slight artificial/synthetic taste that I got. After vaping for a while, I got used to it and it wasn't noticeable. Another minor negative was that the juice had a slight "clinical" taste to it. A bit sterile. Sort of reminds me of a hospital.

Throat hit was strong and I liked that a lot. The 18mg delivers well and the menthol helps with the punch. When in need of a good strong vape, this definitely satisfies.

I found the juice had good vapour production. I wasn't trying to blow clouds but they were satisfying. Nothing short in that department.

As for texture, I'd say this juice was in the middle of being rough versus smooth. It has a granular type of texture, which I think works well for this.

Regarding boldness, this is a bold juice. It's not mellow. The 18mg together with the strong menthol blast makes it a strong vape. Very nice and I liked that. I would say this juice (in 18mg) is not well suited as a mindless all-dayer. Its for those occasions when you need a jolt and a refresh. It's strong and dry.

The aftertaste is quite a strong menthol and stays for a while. I get no coconut. But it does leave my mouth quite dry. After a few minutes I am reaching for the water bottle.

Overall, I liked this juice a lot for its strong menthol blast and throat hit. Pity that the coconut doesn't come through much but it is there.

I tried this juice in three setups. Reo/RM2 for mouth to lung accurate flavour production, Reo/Nuppin for lung hits and the Nautilus Mini/iStick20W for a milder vape. I found that the juice vaped beautifully in all three setups with no problems at all. I liked Rayon in the RM2 and Nuppin - as I prefer Rayon for the menthol juices. My comments in the three setups were as follows:
  • Reo/RM2 - I found this setup to have the best flavour for me. I got more hints of the coconut in here and I got the best overall taste.
  • Reo/Nuppin - glorious menthol flavour on long lung hits. I did dilute the juice with a little bit of added VG (1ml of VG to 4ml of the juice), so my mix in here was about 14 or 15mg. No big flavour drop. Good clouds. Less coconut flavour though.
  • Nautilus Mini/istick20 - just to see what a milder vape would be like at around 10 Watts. The juice comes through well although it's quite a lot less intense than the other two. It's a softer vape and there is less menthol burn. Very nice flavour though. Coconut still elusive.
I think any menthol lovers will like this juice. The coconut does give the standard Menthol Ice a slight twist. But it's still a strong menthol. If you don't like menthol, don't try this.

Packaging:
- Good packaging overall
- Standard Vapour Mountain easy to use plastic squeezable bottles
- The labelling is adequate. The flavour name is a bit small and sometimes its not easy to tell the difference between several VM bottles standing next to each other. There is no mention of the PG/VG ratio on the bottle.
- The cap is not of the "child deterrent" variety

Equipment used:
- REO Grand/RM2 - single 0.9 ohm coil - Rayon wick - (15 to 19 Watts, depending on battery level)
- REO Grand/Nuppin2 - dual 0.5 ohm coil - Rayon wicks - (29 to 35 Watts, depending on battery level)
- Nautilus Mini/iStick20 - std 1.8 ohm BVC coil - around 10 Watts

Great Review as always bud!!

Back