Vapour Mountain - Juice Reviews

Great stuff. One of my favourite jooses, always in my cupboard. I get litchi as the dominant fruit though. Enjoy.
Playful = XXX = Playboy (the new civilized version):D

Your litchi is maybe my kiwi @Andre ;-) Lol
Anyhow - it tastes amazing - and I am not surprised you like it!

Hey
Hi all

This is another long overdue review of a special Vapour Mountain juice. This time it is XXX. Just for those who don't know, Vapour Mountain is one of the longer standing juice manufacturers in SA. It is run by @Oupa and he has been with us on the forum pretty much since the inception of ECIGSSA.

This juice won the best juice shootout at VapeCon 2015 nearly 6 months ago. Can't believe it took me so long. I ordered a bottle about two months ago and it sat in the cupboard for about a month. I got the 18mg strength. The juice is approximately 50/50 PG/VG. 30ml cost me R120. I've been vaping it for about the past three weeks. Bottle is almost empty.

Vapour Mountain - XXX (18mg)

Bottom line - imagine sitting on a beach with a cool breeze blowing and you are eating a delicious chilled fruit salad with fresh Kiwis cut up all over. That's VM XXX - and I found it fabulous. I like this juice for its refreshing Kiwi taste, gentle flavouring, good balance and coolness. It's a winner in my book. I will definitely be re-ordering.

View attachment 40994

It has a light orange colour and has a pleasant fruity smell.

I get a wonderful refreshing Kiwi in a fruity background. It's like a fruit salad with Kiwi as the main feature. The Kiwi is a fresh tasting one and has a very slight sourness to it, which I like. The whole vape is refreshingly cool. It's no icy blast, just a gentle cool breeze. Occasionally I pick up traces of pineapple. This is a light, summery and fruity vape yet very interesting. Interesting because it keeps me coming back for more to try taste what else is in there.

The flavours are gentle - certainly not in your face - but it doesn't leave me feeling like I want more flavour. It's just right. It's a complex flavoured juice and I found the flavours very well balanced with nothing being overpowering.

I would say it's on the sweeter side of neutral but its not overly sweet. It also has that slight sourness which balances it. It's medium on the dry/wet scale. XXX is definitely a cool vape and I find it quite refreshing. Nowhere near as icy as Tropical Ice or Menthol Ice for example, but refreshing nonetheless. I am pleased to report that it is natural tasting. No synthetic or artificial tastes. It was well steeped (just over a month).

Throat hit was very good for me. I was vaping the 18mg strength and it was on par with other VM 18mg juices. Vapour production was also good. I would even say a bit better than other VM fruity juices. Perhaps @Oupa made the VG content slightly higher in this one.

I loved the smooth texture of this juice. I find it a bit smoother than other VM fruity juices. Soft and soothing, which I think works well with the refreshing kiwi flavour. I would say this is more of a mellow type of vape. Definitely vapable all day!

The aftertaste is great. You get this pleasant coolish Kiwi lingering in your mouth for a few minutes, which reminds you to take another toot.

I have no negatives on this juice. Overall it's a winner for me.

If you like your fruity vapes and you like Kiwi, you should definitely give this one a try.

I found the juice vaped well in my equipment. I vaped it on two Reos, one in mouth to lung mode with the RM2 (at 0.95 ohms) and the other in lung hit mode on the Nuppin (0.45 ohm dual).
  • I far preferred it on the RM2 as a mouth to lung vape.
  • On the lung hit (Nuppin) I found the flavours got a bit lost and I couldn't taste that fresh Kiwi nearly as well. It was also a bit too harsh - not just the nic - but something else that was a bit harsh.
  • I preferred this juice on Rayon wick - was a bit crisper for me. Reinforcing my preference for Rayon when it comes to the fruitier and cooler vapes.

Packaging:
- Good packaging overall
- "Standard Vapour Mountain" easy to use plastic squeezable bottle
- The labelling is adequate. The flavour name is a bit small and sometimes its not easy to tell the difference between several VM bottles standing next to each other. There is no mention of the PG/VG ratio on the bottle.
- The cap is not of the "child deterrent" variety

Equipment used:
- REO Grand/RM2 - single 0.95 ohm coil - Rayon wick - (14 to 18 Watts, depending on battery level)
- REO Grand/Nuppin1 - dual 0.45 ohm coil - Rayon wicks - (32 to 39 Watts, depending on battery level)

Great review @Silver, why don't you try a center build single coil on the nuppin at about 1ohm

XDXkAIe.jpg

PS. the pics are courtesy of @Andre from this thread.

My goodness @Andre! You are right! Its litchi, not Kiwi!

I looked at the VM description on their site now. They do mention Litchi. I prefer not doing that before writing a review, because it usually confuses me. Looks like I am the one confused now! Lol...

I cant believe it, in my little "taste book" i wrote kiwi as the first flavour i picked up a few weeks back - and I just continued with that. I never questioned it. HRH even got me a Kiwi a while back that I was going to use in a picture. Thank goodness it was chucked out before i could get round to it

Looks like I need to eat more real litchis and kiwis to refresh my taste memory

Aplogies all, what I referred to in my review as kiwi is actually Litchi. To use a Rob Fisherism, "what a Goose I am"!!

I will go edit my review. But it changes nothing else. Its still a winner juice for me!

Just shows how difficult it can be to identify immediately what you are tasting.
But gosh, i cannot believe i stuck with Kiwi in my head for so long
Maybe my taste buds need recalibration :eek:

Yip, I also found XXX to be very soft and smooth. XXX definitely has Litchi as the main player but I wouldn't be surprised if there is Kiwi in there to round it out, it certainly makes sense as it is a great complimentary flavour. So you may not have completely lost all your marbles just yet @Silver ;) I've tried VM Litchi on it's own and as much as I love litchis I found it way too strong on it's own.

Yip, I also found XXX to be very soft and smooth. XXX definitely has Litchi as the main player but I wouldn't be surprised if there is Kiwi in there to round it out, it certainly makes sense as it is a great complimentary flavour. So you may not have completely lost all your marbles just yet @Silver ;) I've tried VM Litchi on it's own and as much as I love litchis I found it way too strong on it's own.

Thanks @BumbleBee - phew, threw me a bit of a taste bud life line... Hehe
I do agree with you on the VM Litchi juice. I loved it in the mini protank 2 way back but not subtle enough for the better gear. This XXX hits the spot nicely!

Need to recoil and do a thorough cleaning on my aromamizer Wednesday then I'll add a write up on the oak aged ice.

Just to test I threw it on the dripper and wow that is cold :)

Tempted to get an order in of the xxx before they close as I loved it after a single taste at the meet.

I love my tropical ice and this is going to be a nice sub when I want a little fruitiness for the day.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Vapour Mountain (Not good at details).

Strawberry (6mg)- Very nice nesquick kinda strawberry for me :) Other friend said it tasted like yogueta .

:) Really tasty juice !

Oak aged Ice special reserve, not for the dripper as it is super icey but wow it is a great adv in the aromamizer!

Not for the faint of heart but if you like ice, treat yourself to one of these bottles!

It is smooth but a very rounded taste as well. Just a hint of tobacco with the exhale. Really special and I can see why this gets the special oak treatment!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Update on the nicest ICE yet :

Day 2 and the flavour is better now, inhale is like swirling a whiskey. Smooth and a round earthy taste with the ice. Exhale I can taste the tobacco clearer now. It really is just the hint of tobacco sitting there and not a full on tobacco taste but more than enough to make you happy. Even if you aren't one for the tobacco taste (though if you are vaping you must kinda miss this).

I am ordering another bottle or 2 right now and hoping they get it as to keep my order for when they get back from holiday. It is that good!

Vapour Mountain XXX is one fantastic juice! I never really took to it when I tasted it at VapeCon but with all the postive feedback and the fact that it's @Oupa's ADV I thought I would test it again and ordered a 30ml bottle with my last half a litre of Tropical Ice... when my order arrived it was a 100ml bottle... when I checked if it was a mistake @Oupa said no it wasn't because he figured I would love it and sent me 100ml's!

Well he figured right... I had to do an emergency order today... this juice is going down real fast... if you think a Litchi Menthol juice with some other secret additives is your bag then get yourself a bottle! So damn delicious!
XXX 001.JPG

Lol @Rob Fisher , you lucky you got a 100ml bottle!
Glad you liking it
Its a great juice indeed

I'll be ordering some of this very soon

Hi all

This is another long overdue review of a special Vapour Mountain juice. This time it is XXX. Just for those who don't know, Vapour Mountain is one of the longer standing juice manufacturers in SA. It is run by @Oupa and he has been with us on the forum pretty much since the inception of ECIGSSA.

This juice won the best juice shootout at VapeCon 2015 nearly 6 months ago. Can't believe it took me so long. I ordered a bottle about two months ago and it sat in the cupboard for about a month. I got the 18mg strength. The juice is approximately 50/50 PG/VG. 30ml cost me R120. I've been vaping it for about the past three weeks. Bottle is almost empty.

Vapour Mountain - XXX (18mg)

Bottom line - imagine sitting on a beach with a cool breeze blowing and you are eating a delicious chilled fruit salad with fresh Litchis cut up all over. That's VM XXX - and I found it fabulous. I like this juice for its refreshing Litchi taste, gentle flavouring, good balance and coolness. It's a winner in my book. I will definitely be re-ordering.

View attachment 40994

It has a light orange colour and has a pleasant fruity smell.

I get a wonderful refreshing Litchi in a fruity background. It's like a fruit salad with Litchi as the main feature. The Litchi is a fresh tasting one and has a very slight sourness to it, which I like. The whole vape is refreshingly cool. It's no icy blast, just a gentle cool breeze. Occasionally I pick up traces of pineapple. This is a light, summery and fruity vape yet very interesting. Interesting because it keeps me coming back for more to try taste what else is in there.

The flavours are gentle - certainly not in your face - but it doesn't leave me feeling like I want more flavour. It's just right. It's a complex flavoured juice and I found the flavours very well balanced with nothing being overpowering.

I would say it's on the sweeter side of neutral but its not overly sweet. It also has that slight sourness which balances it. It's medium on the dry/wet scale. XXX is definitely a cool vape and I find it quite refreshing. Nowhere near as icy as Tropical Ice or Menthol Ice for example, but refreshing nonetheless. I am pleased to report that it is natural tasting. No synthetic or artificial tastes. It was well steeped (just over a month).

Throat hit was very good for me. I was vaping the 18mg strength and it was on par with other VM 18mg juices. Vapour production was also good. I would even say a bit better than other VM fruity juices. Perhaps @Oupa made the VG content slightly higher in this one.

I loved the smooth texture of this juice. I find it a bit smoother than other VM fruity juices. Soft and soothing, which I think works well with the refreshing kiwi flavour. I would say this is more of a mellow type of vape. Definitely vapable all day!

The aftertaste is great. You get this pleasant coolish Litchi lingering in your mouth for a few minutes, which reminds you to take another toot.

I have no negatives on this juice. Overall it's a winner for me.

If you like your fruity vapes and you like Litchi, you should definitely give this one a try.

I found the juice vaped well in my equipment. I vaped it on two Reos, one in mouth to lung mode with the RM2 (at 0.95 ohms) and the other in lung hit mode on the Nuppin (0.45 ohm dual).
  • I far preferred it on the RM2 as a mouth to lung vape.
  • On the lung hit (Nuppin) I found the flavours got a bit lost and I couldn't taste that fresh Litchi nearly as well. It was also a bit too harsh - not just the nic - but something else that was a bit harsh.
  • I preferred this juice on Rayon wick - was a bit crisper for me. Reinforcing my preference for Rayon when it comes to the fruitier and cooler vapes.

Packaging:
- Good packaging overall
- "Standard Vapour Mountain" easy to use plastic squeezable bottle
- The labelling is adequate. The flavour name is a bit small and sometimes its not easy to tell the difference between several VM bottles standing next to each other. There is no mention of the PG/VG ratio on the bottle.
- The cap is not of the "child deterrent" variety

Equipment used:
- REO Grand/RM2 - single 0.95 ohm coil - Rayon wick - (14 to 18 Watts, depending on battery level)
- REO Grand/Nuppin1 - dual 0.45 ohm coil - Rayon wicks - (32 to 39 Watts, depending on battery level)
Hi Silver. Thinking of buying a bottle of this as I love litchi, however i cannot vape anyting that tastes like menthol/mint. Do you thing I should try it? Thx.

Hi Silver. Thinking of buying a bottle of this as I love litchi, however i cannot vape anyting that tastes like menthol/mint. Do you thing I should try it? Thx.

Hi @BibbyBubbly - I think you should try it

The menthol or coolness (not mint) is definitely in the backgound. The focus is on the Litchi and the other fruity flavours. I think the coolness simply accentuates the Litchi taste - it doesn't take over. When I vape it, it doesn't feel like a strong menthol or minty vape at all.

Let us know how you find it if you decide to try it.

Hi @BibbyBubbly - I think you should try it

The menthol or coolness (not mint) is definitely in the backgound. The focus is on the Litchi and the other fruity flavours. I think the coolness simply accentuates the Litchi taste - it doesn't take over. When I vape it, it doesn't feel like a strong menthol or minty vape at all.

Let us know how you find it if you decide to try it.
Perfect, will place my order ASAP. Thx for the advise.

There is no doubt that XXX has menthol in it and if you don't like Menthol or Mint you won't like it. I'm a menthol nut and I love this juice in a big way. If you want a Litchi Vape then just order the plain Litchi from Vapour Mountain as it has no menthol in it.

http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/shop/30ml-eliquids/vapour-mountain-premium-eliquid-30ml-litchi/

Hi @BibbyBubbly - as Rob says above - it does have a menthol coolness to it - but I don't find it to be overpowering or particularly strong - I think it accentuates the Litchi flavour.

I have also vaped quite a bit of the plain Litchi juice from VM - and I much prefer XXX. It's a smoother more complex vape and more pleasurable for me.

Perhaps order both and see how it goes - but please let us know

XXX is amazing, it has been my ADV for a while now and just ordered another 100ml
Pretty much everyone at my office has also been converted to it :-D

Back