What did you Mix today?

Depends on if you're a fan of coffee vapes I'm working on a few of them side-by-side.

Thanks - I'll do a 48-hour test tonight. Also tested KZOR's Boghart yesterday.. quite tangy, very nice mix.
I love coffee vapes!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I looked at the recipe, hence the suggestions I made. :) What I meant is I have never made it before or anything similar to it.
Ahhh.. . I'm with you now! Thank you for the suggestions... I will play around with it a bit

So my first (EVER) DIY mixes were made on Tuesday...

So the Nightshift (CGD & Cap):

upload_2017-7-20_13-22-48.png

Trying it today, and I'm getting a familiar after taste...that I don't like at all, but it's at least subtle.

I returned a bottle of GQV West Coast Frappe because of that same taste, so I'm fairly certain it's the Cappuchino.

Anyhoo, made my husband the Blueberry Biscuit mix that I got from the Forum, he LOVES it.

I have that scale from BLCK Vape (the small pocket one) Does the 0.02g make a huge difference?

So my first (EVER) DIY mixes were made on Tuesday...

So the Nightshift (CGD & Cap):

View attachment 101813

Trying it today, and I'm getting a familiar after taste...that I don't like at all, but it's at least subtle.

I returned a bottle of GQV West Coast Frappe because of that same taste, so I'm fairly certain it's the Cappuchino.

Anyhoo, made my husband the Blueberry Biscuit mix that I got from the Forum, he LOVES it.

I have that scale from BLCK Vape (the small pocket one) Does the 0.02g make a huge difference?
That's a good scale you got. 0.02g is the average weight of one drop of flavour concentrate - I honestly wouldn't worry about that small variance at the volume you're mixing at. If you were mixing only 10ml at a time, then it might be more noticeable. What helps a lot is when the flavours are in needle-tip bottles (BlckVapour has now started bottling in those, thankfully) as they dispense much smaller drops and make it much easier to get an accurate total.

Can't comment too much on the Cappucino as I find it quite alright, actually. I'm the other way round in that I cannot stand Choc Glazed Donut. Like, at all :p

I just mixed up Goldfish's Cannoli. Not because I wanted to but because some impertinent subordinate even tried to convince me it's better than Simply Cannoli. I told him "Take caution in your tone, lieutenant. I'm a reasonable man but I eat breakfast 400 yards away from Cubans who want to steal my recipe." He then kept asking me if I ordered the FA Joy until I just lost it and yelled "YOU'RE DAMNED RIGHT I DID!" The fool looked smug and pleased with himself, can you believe it? I have no idea why. Anybody who was watching will tell you that I totally owned him.

That's a good scale you got. 0.02g is the average weight of one drop of flavour concentrate - I honestly wouldn't worry about that small variance at the volume you're mixing at. If you were mixing only 10ml at a time, then it might be more noticeable. What helps a lot is when the flavours are in needle-tip bottles (BlckVapour has now started bottling in those, thankfully) as they dispense much smaller drops and make it much easier to get an accurate total.

Can't comment too much on the Cappucino as I find it quite alright, actually. I'm the other way round in that I cannot stand Choc Glazed Donut. Like, at all :p
Coffee Cake - Paulies, I love, but there's a weird after taste on the exhale.

Not having ENOUGH chocolate in this one.

And now, I want to try something with yogurt...

It's been steeping for a month already... so im not sure it will get any better...

I've got sadlad toast crunch in my tank right now... it's not bad... But i almost want to say it's missing something... can't put my finger on it though...

I'll give the others a try as well...

Thanks @Rude Rudi!

Do not tinker too much with the base here as you can through the whole balance off by adding creams and other biscuits, etc. This is a very highly rated and well balanced recipe (6th overall on ADV) - so the foundation and all the elements are solid and proven.
Keep in mind that if you add something here, you need to compensate there and then it becomes a vicious circle and you will end up tossing the whole thing.

If you want to add something, perhaps a drop or 3 of FLV Rich Cinnamon which will add a nice deep cinnamon which I found enhanced it for MY liking. In addition, a touch of LA Cream Cheese Icing will also add touch of sweet and tartness which balances well here.

Remember that not all juices are for all people - that will make the world boring. What you like, I may not. If you don't like this one - perhaps it is simply not a profile you like - that is perfectly OK - I suggest to either finish what you made or toss it - don't fiddle too much. This is part of the DIY journey and some fatalities along the way is part thereof.
By experimenting, it will make you a better mixer and you can adapt and tweak to your liking - but not yet... Build up the experience first and then do it...

Amen
;)

Serially Easy Lime Yogurt - as tester for FLV Yogurt, which is available at last. Smells just right.
HIC's Asian Sesame Candy using the new FA Oranges, as recommended here.
Forest Blaster by Boogenshizzle. Am so impressed by his fried ice cream, decided to try one of his fruity recipes. Still have to taste his One Milk - before you ask @Rude Rudi.
Rhubarb Brulee - passed the tester phase with flying colours. Mixed to include in rotation now.
Gitanes Homage by @Patrick - stocked up from pre-blend.
Exotic Mangosteen - stocked up from pre-blend. Still one of my favourite fruit juices.
Melon Blush (by Jennifer Jarvis) for science - had to mix 63 ml to make those small concentrate additions practical. After some rounding off total flavour came out to a whopping 0.49 %!
Whiskey Sour - stocked up from pre-blend.

Serially Easy Lime Yogurt - as tester for FLV Yogurt, which is available at last. Smells just right.
HIC's Asian Sesame Candy using the new FA Oranges, as recommended here.
Forest Blaster by Boogenshizzle. Am so impressed by his fried ice cream, decided to try one of his fruity recipes. Still have to taste his One Milk - before you ask @Rude Rudi.
Rhubarb Brulee - passed the tester phase with flying colours. Mixed to include in rotation now.
Gitanes Homage by @Patrick - stocked up from pre-blend.
Exotic Mangosteen - stocked up from pre-blend. Still one of my favourite fruit juices.
Melon Blush (by Jennifer Jarvis) for science - had to mix 63 ml to make those small concentrate additions practical. After some rounding off total flavour came out to a whopping 0.49 %!
Whiskey Sour - stocked up from pre-blend.

What a fantastic selection! Gonna give most of these a try!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was mixing weekend again...

20170723_111817.jpg

Aftermath - A first try
Banana Moon Pie - Also a first try
Boardwalk - Another first try
Boosted - I enjoy this strawberry cheesecake
Butter Almond Custard - I love this one... it's one of my favorites!
Doug's Awesome Sauce - Had to make more... because it really is awesome!
Ethos Crispy Treats - For the sweet tooth...
Milk & Honey - Can't imagine a stash without this one in...
Mother's Unicorn Milk - I really enjoy this...
Papa Smurf - And another first try...
Raspberry Pineapple Sherbet - I make this one often... For those not so sweet tooth days...
TFA Rainbow Sherbet - 7%
CB Pineapple - 2%
TFA Raspberry (Sweet) - 3%
Sour Apple - Also great for the not no sweet tooth days...
FA Fuji - 5%
CB Sour - 2%
Strawberry Pecan Roll - Aaaand another first try...
The Nutcracker - One of my own inventions that I love...
Unicorn Puke - I always need one of these in the stash too...
Jungle Cookies - I figured I'd give this one a try too...

Absinthe is mostly anise and a little anise goes a long way. Perhaps you are getting muting from over-flavouring as you increase the %? Another option would be to drop the absinthe slightly and complement with FA Anise.
Happy to report that the mix came out very well :) the watermelon and strawberry compliment the absinthe very well.

It was mixing weekend again...

View attachment 102078

Aftermath - A first try
Banana Moon Pie - Also a first try
Boardwalk - Another first try
Boosted - I enjoy this strawberry cheesecake
Butter Almond Custard - I love this one... it's one of my favorites!
Doug's Awesome Sauce - Had to make more... because it really is awesome!
Ethos Crispy Treats - For the sweet tooth...
Milk & Honey - Can't imagine a stash without this one in...
Mother's Unicorn Milk - I really enjoy this...
Papa Smurf - And another first try...
Raspberry Pineapple Sherbet - I make this one often... For those not so sweet tooth days...
TFA Rainbow Sherbet - 7%
CB Pineapple - 2%
TFA Raspberry (Sweet) - 3%
Sour Apple - Also great for the not no sweet tooth days...
FA Fuji - 5%
CB Sour - 2%
Strawberry Pecan Roll - Aaaand another first try...
The Nutcracker - One of my own inventions that I love...
Unicorn Puke - I always need one of these in the stash too...
Jungle Cookies - I figured I'd give this one a try too...

Jeepers @Tanja
That is one serious mixing session!
Congrats - hope the first tries turn into a gem or two

I cracked open Bad Boy Brulée as mentioned earlier by @RichJB today and I'm quite impressed.

While the FW Butterscotch (Natural) may be a bit too prominent for my liking, the brulee comes through nicely. I may swop their percentages around on the next mix.

So far my favorite brulee vape.

Mixing two flavours this morning hopefully after the steep period it turns out good. Will be making 1/2 liter if that is the case.

Personalized Salted Caramel Recipe
Personalized Mother's Unicorn Milk Recipe

Will be trying out slight variations in PG/VG and nic content just to see the outcomes to kinda tweak it to fit perfectly. These are the most popular recipes available (or appear to be) so if anyone has had success at 110% with these flavours some feedback would be great.

For reference purposes the original non-personalized recipes can be found here:
Original Salted Caramel Cream Recipe
Original Mother's Unicorn Milk Recipe

Last edited:
I whipped up a few beauties, pre-and-post cull. Some 'first rule' concentrates came:

Chilled Apple - my own creation - still tweaking but a good chilled apple
Harvest Cheesecake - A simple mixed berry cheesecake good for all seasons as recommended by fellow DIY'ers
Reserved Duchess - Finally got Butterscotch Natural to make this bad boy! @method1
Bad Boy Brulée - Ditto...
Dunkaroos - BY FAR the best cookies and cream - stock-up on this stunner
The Juice - By our own @DanielSLP - a solid strawberry milk, and then some!
If You Like Piña Coladas - Finally got all the pineapples and coconuts to make the legendary Pina Colada!
Longing - Say no more...
Milk & Honey - As per recommendation by @RichJB - FLV coming into its own here.
Peek-in Pie - A stunner by Folkart
Rhubarb Brulee - Because brulee...
VGod - Lushice (clone)- PUR Watermelon was made for this!
Tigers Blood - Thanks to @Richio @Blck Vapour for finally bringing in PUR Watermelon in order for us to be able to make this classic!!!
HIC's LIGHT AMERICAN CIGARETTE REPLACEMENT - We all need a bit of tobacco...

I whipped up a few beauties, pre-and-post cull. Some 'first rule' concentrates came:

Chilled Apple - my own creation - still tweaking but a good chilled apple
Harvest Cheesecake - A simple mixed berry cheesecake good for all seasons as recommended by fellow DIY'ers
Reserved Duchess - Finally got Butterscotch Natural to make this bad boy! @method1
Bad Boy Brulée - Ditto...
Dunkaroos - BY FAR the best cookies and cream - stock-up on this stunner
The Juice - By our own @DanielSLP - a solid strawberry milk, and then some!
If You Like Piña Coladas - Finally got all the pineapples and coconuts to make the legendary Pina Colada!
Longing - Say no more...
Peek-in Pie - A stunner by Folkart
Rhubarb Brulee - Because brulee...
VGod - Lushice (clone)- PUR Watermelon was made for this!
Tigers Blood - Thanks to @Richio @Blck Vapour for finally bringing in PUR Watermelon in order for us to be able to make this classic!!!
HIC's LIGHT AMERICAN CIGARETTE REPLACEMENT - We all need a bit of tobacco...

Ooh, @Rude Rudi
A couple of those grab me
Chilled Apple - ive never tried that type of vape before
If you like Pina Colada - i like this profile a lot ;-)
Hics light american cigarette replacement - sounds good!

Am keen to hear your thoughts on those when you try them

Mixing two flavours this morning hopefully after the steep period it turns out good. Will be making 1/2 liter if that is the case.

Personalized Salted Caramel Recipe
Personalized Mother's Unicorn Milk Recipe

Will be trying out slight variations in PG/VG and nic content just to see the outcomes to kinda tweak it to fit perfectly. These are the most popular recipes available (or appear to be) so if anyone has had success at 110% with these flavours some feedback would be great.

For reference purposes the original non-personalized recipes can be found here:
Original Salted Caramel Cream Recipe
Original Mother's Unicorn Milk Recipe
I have not vaped the Salted Caramel for some time, but like it a lot. My impressions here. Used FA Fresh Cream in place of FA Vienna Cream for less sweet.

Pecans suddenly seem to be all the rage again. I was recommended OOO Butter Pecan by one very experienced mixer, and Pur Butter Pecan by another. Both of whom say it's better than FW Butter Pecan. If that is the case, they must be very good indeed. There are a lot of flavour profiles that FW haven't nailed. But they own pecans as surely as they own butterscotches. So in honour of pecan-mania, I mixed up folkart's new Peek-in Pie.

I also mixed up @method1's Led Zeppola. Only two people in the world have NicVape Old Fashioned Doughnut and I'm the other one.

I know a lot of DIYers are reluctant to buy Flv due to price. But everybody should have Flv Milk and Honey in their stash. It's good even on its own and does magic things to other flavours. Other bangers that use it are Hashslingingslashur's The Real Milk and Honey and Matthew Kocanda's Sick AF. I also have Morreed's Solus steeping, looks promising.

Here's a funny sad story...

I found a recipe that didn't taste too bad so I decided I'm going to make 3 50ml bottles of it.

Me not checking the labels of the concentrates properly I added 5% super sweet in each bottle instead on 5% sugar cookie...I just saw the letter "S" and started pouring ..And that's after I added all the other needed concentrates .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back