Erm.... Aspire Nautilus, Not All Its Cracked Up To Be?

I tried the trick of screwing in the coil to the tank first... and while it's far from what I used to feel I got from it it certainly seems better... I also turned down the wattage back to 8w where I used to vape at with the tank. Still nowhere near what I think it used to be but certainly better! Maybe I'm just so used to the flavour of the Cyclone that nothing even comes close...

@Rob Fisher it's a combination of the screwing the head into the chimney, tightening the whole thing to a few steps tighter than seems reasonable, priming the hell out of it. and even then i was never able to push more than about 4.2V through it with any kind of reliability.
drilling the air hole to 3mm and taking long hard pulls improved it further. But it's never performed for me like it did those first few days.

Theres a really deep design flaw in it. I've seen some guys punch extra holes into the head, to help the wicking (they all seem to say that this cures their issues) from my experience with the Nautilus, I think all it would do, is make the thing flood. The tolerance between it dry hitting and it flooding is so tight. you'd destroy a whole bunch of heads before you find a happy medium. Which at R50.00 per head, is a rich mans game :(

All that said, I do think its still a far better product that the Kangertech aerotank mini. The head in that thing has a life expectancy that you can measure in hours practically.

@Rob Fisher I think you are spoiled now with your reos and cyclones. I have a Nautilus mini and a few aerotanks/mpt/etc .as a backup and I will only use those devices as a last resort when my REO or dripper does no work.

After building your own coil to what you like, a commercial unit can not compare.

I tried the trick of screwing in the coil to the tank first... and while it's far from what I used to feel I got from it it certainly seems better... I also turned down the wattage back to 8w where I used to vape at with the tank. Still nowhere near what I think it used to be but certainly better! Maybe I'm just so used to the flavour of the Cyclone that nothing even comes close...

Agree with @yuganp... I think you've been down the reo hole for so long you've forgotten commercial vaping devices.

I'm loving the mini nauty, way better flavour than I was ever able to get out of my kayfun. I also don't think the normal nauty with BVC coil could be very much different to the mini... Surely? In terms of flavour and vapour.

Agree with @yuganp... I think you've been down the reo hole for so long you've forgotten commercial vaping devices.

I'm loving the mini nauty, way better flavour than I was ever able to get out of my kayfun. I also don't think the normal nauty with BVC coil could be very much different to the mini... Surely? In terms of flavour and vapour.

Yip you guys are probably right... wow mini nauty better flavour than a Kayfun? I still use my original Russian and while it's not as good a flavour as my RM2's or Cyclones it's still for me way better than my Nautilus... I'm just fighting my my Nautilus's right now and I'm not winning with them...

Yip you guys are probably right... wow mini nauty better flavour than a Kayfun? I still use my original Russian and while it's not as good a flavour as my RM2's or Cyclones it's still for me way better than my Nautilus... I'm just fighting my my Nautilus's right now and I'm not winning with them...

Perhaps I didn't play with the coils on my kayfun enough... Always in a rush. But this nauty is kicking ass in the flavour dept.
I'm enjoying not having to recoil and rewick. A job, 2 businesses and 2 kids doesn't leave me with much free time.

Perhaps I didn't play with the coils on my kayfun enough... Always in a rush. But this nauty is kicking ass in the flavour dept.
I'm enjoying not having to recoil and rewick. A job, 2 businesses and 2 kids doesn't leave me with much free time.

Yip I can understand that... another good reason to be retired... to play with coils and wicks... :rock:

Okay so because I just had to test it, I soaked my first BVC coil. Two nights in vodka and let it drip-dry for at least 4 days and nights.

Primed the coil and everything, didn't dry burn at all. And the result was a spitting, gurgling coil.

I have to say, on a new coil, a week old, and no dry hits and no gurgling. It was why I love the Nautilus so much!

Now I don't know if I should even bother soaking the coils. I cannot handle the gurgling and spitting on a device that I know can be so perfect for me.

Don't know if maybe it should of dried longer, but I will pop in a new coil every time if that's what it takes to keep the thing vaping like I know it can.

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world

Had the same issues after the vodka treatment and for some or other strange reason contact problems. From now on the vodka is for me and the kanger coils ;)

Had the same issues after the vodka treatment and for some or other strange reason contact problems. From now on the vodka is for me and the kanger coils ;)

Lol

Ya I do this all the time with the Kanger Coils, and it works fine.

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world

just a trick i learnt i drip some juice into the bvc coil before i use it for the first time and it helps alot!

Hi

wanted to ask who owns a mini, just simply want to know the weight. Cause I use a vision spinner II and I am scared with it being to heavy for the battery, then next minute having it fall over and break. As I read that the glass breaks pretty easily

Hi

wanted to ask who owns a mini, just simply want to know the weight. Cause I use a vision spinner II and I am scared with it being to heavy for the battery, then next minute having it fall over and break. As I read that the glass breaks pretty easily
Filled up with juice, HRH's weighs 45 grams. Fine on the Spinner.
You do get a steel tube tank for it at R100 - http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/sho...ers/aspire-nautilis-mini-steel-tube-t-window/
Or a replacement glass at R80 - http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/shop/atomizers-clearomizers/aspire-nautilus-mini-replacement-glass/

Hi

This is dry weight, add about 5 grams for a full tank of juice

10551047_10204802548325054_5228066847803741433_n.jpg

That is exactly what I have against my aerotank. It is build like a brick :censored:house and I apreciate the quality but is is just to heavy on a spinner.
The nautilus mini is very well balanced on the spinner.

My 2 zim cents.

IMHO, if you're even a little inclined to do a bit of tinkering and DIY get a kayfun, the experience is so so much better.

Alternatively getting a Joyetech delta c3 atomizer is a solid choice too.

Back