Modding Atomizers To Bottom Fed For The Reo

@Andre did you say these are not available in SA? i thought i saw M7 0.5 taps and die's at builders yesterday ???

@Andre did you say these are not available in SA? i thought i saw M7 0.5 taps and die's at builders yesterday ???
A few months ago I went on a mission and could not find them anywhere. The popular size is M7x0.75mm. Ohm @johan was generous enough to let me buy one of his he imported.

As far as I can remember (which is not very far), I never said that, but from other posts on the forums I think that was the case, yes.

Hi Mr D did you get the plug tap? The one that isnt tapered at the bottom. Asking because the one I got can't be used to clean out or repair the reo 510 bush as its tapered quite far up. Works great for fixing most top caps though.
No, it's just the tapered ones. But the taps I will be using for other modding, not for my Reo. I also didn't see the plug taps where I bought these.

A few months ago I went on a mission and could not find them anywhere. The popular size is M7x0.75mm. Ohm @johan was generous enough to let me buy one of his he imported.
I see I actually in fact get Plug taps. :)

5pcs New 7mm 7 x 0.5 HSS Metric Plug Tap M7 x 0.5mm Pitch

Thanks for the offer @Andre . Not a problem. I will wait it out a bit. At least I have my old faithful Reo until those cyclones get here.

So sorry to hear about your issue of not fitting on your REO, @TylerD

Which brings me to say - I hope these new Cyclones will fit our REOs! ?

Hi Mr D did you get the plug tap? The one that isnt tapered at the bottom. Asking because the one I got can't be used to clean out or repair the reo 510 bush as its tapered quite far up. Works great for fixing most top caps though.

You can grind off the tapered section and voila you have a "plug" tap.

They will fit... if they don't I will slit my wrists! :eek:
And send your hands to rob :D lol

I will double check the tapping kit I saw at builders... I was reading the dimensions and I swear I saw 0.5 hehe if I did I will grab a kit.
@TylerD you sure your local builders doesn't have stock ?
@Andre sorry I didn't mean to sound like you told every one its impossible :) My short post was not thought out hehe my apologies, I was actually more wanting a confirmation that 0.5 is the right tap :D
@johan I will try up a pic later from builders and you can tell me yes or no ;) lol

And send your hands to rob :D lol

I will double check the tapping kit I saw at builders... I was reading the dimensions and I swear I saw 0.5 hehe if I did I will grab a kit.
@TylerD you sure your local builders doesn't have stock ?
@Andre sorry I didn't mean to sound like you told every one its impossible :) My short post was not thought out hehe my apologies, I was actually more wanting a confirmation that 0.5 is the right tap :D
@johan I will try up a pic later from builders and you can tell me yes or no ;) lol
No offence thought off or taken at all....impossible to remember who said what on here.

There are so many voices in my head thanks to this place :D rofl

Hi All

If anyone wants M7 x 0.5 metric fine taps and dies I can get them from the UK,here ;http://www.engineering-supplies.com or here ;http://www.rotagriponline.com.

My project manager in the UK is coming to SA next Sunday 10th,so he can bring with.

No profit for me you just pay what they cost and postage/courier to you when they arrive,all transparent.

PM me if I can help anyone out.

I spent some time in the workshop yesterday.

@capetocuba handed me 2 attys to convert to bottom feed.

First up was the smokTech
The post holes where a bit small so I drilled them out to 1.5mm

qy7ujaje.jpg

Plumbed and clamped the centre pin.

7e3u6eha.jpg

Went with 1mm first then reamed out to 1.5mm.

yne5e3ur.jpg

Drill the feed hole above the deck.

a7azeguv.jpg

The other one atty, a SM30 was the same process.

Completed.

ze2u5ega.jpg

SM30

3uhyrezy.jpg

SmokTech

e6ude6un.jpg

SmokTech on Reo
Squonks and drains quite well. There is no well or lip on the deck so pulling the cap off just after sqonking is messy

paju4uqy.jpg

Awesome job, and it looks fantastic on the Reo

Back