Rayon Cellucotton Wicking Tutorial And Review

seems you get a medical grade rayon cellucotton and it is better than the normal cellucotton so maybe a medical supply place will have it?

The one I sent is reinforced apparently you shouldn't get that one. Need to find another seller

seems you get a medical grade rayon cellucotton and it is better than the normal cellucotton so maybe a medical supply place will have it?
I checked a local laboratory equipment distributor.... and they only have swabs. The other option is pharmaceutical packaging suppliers as the thread is used for its exceptional moisture absorption quality.

Anyone got any further with that?

We already boil our dove cotton to vape on. . .

just bought the 44043 as per the original post. ETA from 15th to the 30th July.

if this does not work, my mom will have ample cotton for her mani's and peddi's

44043 is the same material. This is what I found on the Graham web site. The stuff in green is all the same. Any other code is either reinforced or not 100% Rayon.

44040Regular Coil1200 Ft.Dispenser Box
44043Regular Coil3 Lbs.Dispenser Box
44060Regular Coil500 Ft.Dispenser Box
44130Regular Coil40 Ft./Box12 Boxes/Case

I am following the original forum about using Rayon. And it seems this stuff is producing flavour that no one before experienced with cotton, mesh, cotton mesh combo. Ideal for drippers who like to move between flavours. it seems the biggest issue is that you need to tweak your power output to maximize on the supperior wicking of the Rayon. But with Rayon it seems you are getting a wider gamut of flavour tones.

@Andre Once the box arrives i will make it available to anyone who wishes it! will post as soon as it arrives!

great to know we can get it locally also. happy to wait for mr botha's metric ton to arrive :) if it kicks off like i think it will people will want more than he has in any case

Again, please email me at hpbotha@wiesjoupappa.com with your postal adress and i will send through a sample for you to test - i will also send through to all the vendors so they can try it out and hopefully we can have a steady supply. If the rumours are to believed this is going to be the miracle wicking material.

better flavour from VG juice.... smoke chasing will be easier - and taste better.

Again, please email me at hpbotha@wiesjoupappa.com with your postal adress and i will send through a sample for you to test - i will also send through to all the vendors so they can try it out and hopefully we can have a steady supply. If the rumours are to believed this is going to be the miracle wicking material.

better flavour from VG juice.... smoke chasing will be easier - and taste better.
We hope so. We tried bamboo based on such a thread on ECF and that was an epic fail. But must say this does look more promising. Thanks for you offer, if have2have does not come through will certainly take you up on that. My order is a mere 12 metres:), but delivery promised for around 8 July 2014.

Quick comparison - straighter with more surface area (creases) is what we are looking for:

Bambo Pulp:
bamboo1352670961191.png

Cotton Fibre:

jaic40-02-002-ch2fg3.jpg

another example of cotton - note the urface area that is doubled:

fiber_compare-480x296.jpg

Now take a look at Rayon fiber:

imgf0001.png

Note the straight fibres, as well as its straight lines.... this is what makes it such a good wicking material.

and just to let everyone know - we have been using cellucotton in allot of clearomizers already:

https://www.google.com/patents/CN20...X&ei=BfWyU_bMEuGv7AaV7YGgDw&ved=0CBsQ6AEwADgU

Electronic cigarette atomizer
CN 202819629 U
ABSTRACT
The utility model discloses an electronic cigarette atomizer which comprises a tar storage body provided with a tar storage cavity inside. A cotton storage space is arranged in the tar storage body and is communicated with the tar storage cavity, cellucotton contacted with heating wires is arranged in the cotton storage space, the tar storage cavity is provided with a tar outlet, and tobacco tar in the tar storage cavity can permeate into the cellucotton through the tar outlet. The cellucotton is separately arranged in the cotton storage space which is separated from the tar storage cavity, and the tobacco tar can permeate into the cellucotton merely through the tar outlet. Thus, only a small amount of cellucotton is needed to achieve permeating of the tobacco tar, more space is saved to storage the tar, and the service period of the atomizer is prolonged. Smoke generated by volatilization of the tobacco tar after the cellucotton is heated by the heating wires can be output rapidly and directly because the smoke does no need to pass through the coated cellucotton layer upon layer, and the smoke taste better and purer. The electronic cigarette atomizer can serve as a substitute for cigarette, and the smoking quitting effect is good.

Please note that the above extract is from Google patents - and the patent was submitted in chinese.... so please excuse the word TAR.

for more information on Rayon fibres, and their manufacture check here

Last edited:
QUICK UPDATE:

My Order was cancelled, resubmitted today - new shipping window is the 15th July-1st of August, supposed shipping date is today.

No comunication from supplier as to why it was cancelled.

OK, FINALLY after the third atempt i am getting the 3lb box into South Africa. So after all the samples have been sent i will still be with stock - and will try and recoup some costs. Shipping costs was 4 times that of the actual box!!!! LOL

wat ons nie doen vir 'n goeie trek nie.....

Back