Rayon Cellucotton Wicking Tutorial And Review

Positive or negative?

Just finished watching now, extremely positive. And this is not cotton btw, it's Rayon.

Rayon is a manufactured regenerated cellulose fiber. It is made from purified cellulose, primarily from wood pulp, which is chemically converted into a soluble compound. It is then dissolved and forced through a spinneret to produce filaments which are chemically solidified, resulting in synthetic fibers of nearly pure cellulose.[1] Because rayon is manufactured from naturally occurring polymers, it is considered a semi-synthetic fiber.[2] Specific types of rayon include viscose, modal and lyocell, each of which differs in manufacturing process and properties of the finished product

Thanks, yes I read some about it on the ECF thread. Would be awesome if as good as they say.

I am so impressed with that guys video, have subscribed to his channel. Not one of those lets blow clouds type of guys. More about the science.

Quick update - my box was shipped today - so hopefully it will be safely on its way to Cape Town and in my grubby paws by mid -> July.

The science (above post) shows exactly why Rayon is such a great material. But the proof is in the pudding. Will send it out to all the vendors as well to try and get more readily availablity in SA. please remember to email me and i will send through a sample. hpbotha@wiesjoupappa.com

Quick update - my box was shipped today - so hopefully it will be safely on its way to Cape Town and in my grubby paws by mid -> July.

The science (above post) shows exactly why Rayon is such a great material. But the proof is in the pudding. Will send it out to all the vendors as well to try and get more readily availablity in SA. please remember to email me and i will send through a sample. hpbotha@wiesjoupappa.com
Just keep your grubby paws of the rayon - wear gloves:D! And a face mask:giggle:!

Yea Alex, reading all that earlier really has me foaming at the mouth for this stuff :D

I have some on it's way already.
I stopped following this thread since my last post... forgot to mention it :giggle:

I have a few setups I'd like to run this on myself.

Last edited:
I stopped following this thread since my last post... forgot to mention it :giggle:

Shun the non believer shun :O

Lol I can't wait to try it

Dude... my life as a vaper kind of sucks. Because my setups that I like vaping at is too much for what I like vaping on. I want my Kayfun at 16W ALL THE TIME, but Ekowool can't which that well. Now I have the Nano Kit and Orion Cap... such a good look, but it makes it even worse. I don't use cotton for two reasons. I like sweet cookie cake custard type vapes. I also like NETs. Cotton filters the flavor out of it, but mainly it seems to dry out the vapor for me for some reason. I don't get that array of notes on the same flavor as when I use Ekowool.

Now if I could find something that wicked as well as cotton and tasted like Ekowool.... I'd be over the moon.
I crossed a page the other day of a "new" thicker/harder strand kind of cotton that was made specifically just for e cig users, but I can't find it. I didn't read on it either. Just crossed it and got side tracked.
Blah, Rayon this Rayon that. I've seen this sh@t before.

I've bought the pyramid tea bags. I've used aquarium foam. I did the SS mesh and the SS Rope. I've tried Japanese cotton. It was all god’s gift at some point. You know what hype's all about. But Rayon is getting a lot of attention. That ECF thread is thumping.

So.... here we go again. And if it fails, I'll just have another thing to add to my list of ridiculous attempts in search of perfection.

I am not a fan of cotton either it irritates my throat and doesn't give me the flavour I seek. I moved over to ekowool since I had some from zipi at the time but like enough for 2 wicks in the reo and I now only do ekowool. I have cotton now at the moment since I'm out of ekowool and custards last stand is muted beyon recognition.

Dude... my life as a vaper kind of sucks. Because my setups that I like vaping at is too much for what I like vaping on. I want my Kayfun at 16W ALL THE TIME, but Ekowool can't which that well. Now I have the Nano Kit and Orion Cap... such a good look, but it makes it even worse. I don't use cotton for two reasons. I like sweet cookie cake custard type vapes. I also like NETs. Cotton filters the flavor out of it, but mainly it seems to dry out the vapor for me for some reason. I don't get that array of notes on the same flavor as when I use Ekowool.

Now if I could find something that wicked as well as cotton and tasted like Ekowool.... I'd be over the moon.
I crossed a page the other day of a "new" thicker/harder strand kind of cotton that was made specifically just for e cig users, but I can't find it. I didn't read on it either. Just crossed it and got side tracked.
Blah, Rayon this Rayon that. I've seen this sh@t before.

I've bought the pyramid tea bags. I've used aquarium foam. I did the SS mesh and the SS Rope. I've tried Japanese cotton. It was all god’s gift at some point. You know what hype's all about. But Rayon is getting a lot of attention. That ECF thread is thumping.

So.... here we go again. And if it fails, I'll just have another thing to add to my list of ridiculous attempts in search of perfection.
Lol, you missed the bamboo yarn. An epic fail, but we made some profit for 2 ladies in CT!

I am not a fan of cotton either it irritates my throat and doesn't give me the flavour I seek. I moved over to ekowool since I had some from zipi at the time but like enough for 2 wicks in the reo and I now only do ekowool. I have cotton now at the moment since I'm out of ekowool and custards last stand is muted beyon recognition.

Yeap... Try Gambit on cotton. It destroys it. And I also get that scratchy feeling in my throat.
I've had some simple fruit stuff work okay in it, but I don't understand how people vape that stuff if flavor is truely what they are after.

Yeap... Try Gambit on cotton. It destroys it. And I also get that scratchy feeling in my throat.
I've had some simple fruit stuff work okay in it, but I don't understand how people vape that stuff if flavor is truely what they are after.
Vast majority of vapers use cotton. Personally I have no real problem with flavour on cotton other than the initial industrial taste. I just hate wicking every day and my new lungs are so powerful every now and then I suck those cotton wicks right up the drip tip or break them in half.

I'll send you some in any case.
because i care.
:angel:

Sigh all these posts make me feel like I'm wasting juice on my cotton...

rayon can be purchased anywhere where zippos are sold , zippo lighters use rayon to retain the lighter fluid

rayon can be purchased anywhere where zippos are sold , zippo lighters use rayon to retain the lighter fluid
So the local tobacconist should have?

Never thought I would be walking into one of those stores again.

if they stock zippo there is a good chance you might get some

Back