Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx, RevnLucky7, much appreciated. I boil my cotton 3 times, mostly to get rid of the horrible industrial taste I get if I don't. Just brought back some CSV sterile cotton from Washington, which I'm going to try without boiling.

Am crying about that bf Cyclone set. Let me know if the sale does not go through pse - so I can agonise again!

Absolutely, and the modmaster is shortly bringing out a kit to further reduce volt drop. To 0.248 - not that this untech understand much of this, but apparently this is good for sub ohm and longer battery power. New Reos will be so equipped as standard.

Okay so I I'm lost in builds again.

Did this one tonight on the Kayfun.
4 wraps around a toothpick of 28g ribbon (actually meant to do it with 32g).
Metered out at .7ohm

Pulled some cotton through it and it's a stellar warm moist vape.

So wifey picked me up some organic cotton.
Expect some photos tonight. :) my 1st microcoil/cotton setup.

Ah, great, can't wait for the pictures. Don't expect too much from SA cotton - had to boil it 3 times not to get a horrible taste. If you experience the same you could, for the meantime, thread some silica through. I untangled 3mm silica wick and using 2 threads pulled it doubled through with Kanthal - ending up with a 2mm wick.. Since got 1mm silica and just pull that through doubled. Here are some pictures on this and how I coiled before I got the jig.
abBt6lc.jpg

PqvHKAC.jpg

Yctrlls.jpg

qd5keQB.jpg

I1owUS6.jpg

6IcpsKe.jpg

wkmJfgA.jpg

This is what I have so far.
ra3u8u2u.jpg

Rig look familiar?
una9esu3.jpg

As you can see, one side is no longer connected. Test fired, and both sides gave me a bright red glow. Much brighter than expected to be truthful. Second fire, snap. The coil sagged a bit, touched the bottom, then burnt out. Any ways, time to redo it. This one came in at 1.7 which was any ways too low for me. Gonna drop 3 wraps from each side, and try again for 1ohm.

Ok, rebuilt a second time, and I'm ready to juice it up.
Hold thumbs nothing explodes...
abasapa3.jpg

Snazzy jig. What is the diameter of the mandrel? And the gauge of the Kanthal? You say 1.7 is too low, but then you want to go for 1?

Snazzy jig. What is the diameter of the mandrel? And the gauge of the Kanthal? You say 1.7 is too low, but then you want to go for 1?
Sorry, meant to say too high. 1 ohm is where i wanted it. Kanthal is 30 gauge, and the jig is 2.6mm.
I might have to go for something thinner in order to get more wraps. More wraps = more exposure = more liquid gets vaporized when i hit fire. Any ways, not a bad vape. Not bad at all.
Got it on 1.1 now.
Vape is slightly muted. I've tasted oupa's custard & vanilla stronger before, but that could be because i'm on the last few ml of the bottle. Used to it by now. Fog is thick and heavy.
vu4ubabu.jpg

I use a 1.5mm mandrel and 28g Kanthal, but have never tried dual coils. Have an Igo-L somewhere, will try tomorrow evening. You got no taste from the cotton?

I use a 1.5mm mandrel and 28g Kanthal, but have never tried dual coils. Have an Igo-L somewhere, will try tomorrow evening. You got no taste from the cotton?
Zip. Nadda. What my wife bought was organic swabs, and not the balls. So I just pull them apart, and collect that fluffy cotton on the inside, and rolled it up. I did not boil it. The brand is dischem's house brand.

Zip. Nadda. What my wife bought was organic swabs, and not the balls. So I just pull them apart, and collect that fluffy cotton on the inside, and rolled it up. I did not boil it. The brand is dischem's house brand.
I looked for the balls, but could also just find organic swabs. Well, it works! Will post pics of my Nimbus pics tonight! It vapes beautifully!:)

Here is my home Continuum Transfunctioner.

20131119_154312.jpg
20131119_154326.jpg
2 x 1.2 ohm coils.

20131119_154437.jpg

Juice is a nice berry cream 18mg I made.
Very nice.

Here is my home Continuum Transfunctioner.

View attachment 233
View attachment 234
2 x 1.2 ohm coils.

View attachment 235

Juice is a nice berry cream 18mg I made.
Very nice.
Fantastic micro coils, Tyler. What's the ID (inner diameter)? And what gauge wire did you use? Excuse my ignorance, but does the 2 x 1.2 ohms translate to effectively 0.6 ohms? Or does it work otherwise with the 3 posts? My Igo-L only has 2 posts. Will post pictures of my very first dual coils later.

Thanks Matthee. They are 2mm id with 30awe wire. Will do some 1.5 id's next time. Correct, it is 0.6ohm. WOrks the same with the 3 posts.
Can't wait for your pictures!

Ok, here goes, my first dual coils - on an Igo-L. Criticism welcome. ID 1.5mm with 28g Kanthal, 10 wraps per coil. Coil nearest to you could have been tighter. Silica (1 mm) doubled and pulled through each coil. Dripped some of HHV's Pirates Booty in there, same as in my Reo - to compare. Takes one second to heat up. Hits like a train, almost forces one to lung hit. Too hot for me. At that ohms it probably needs a bigger air hole. And lower nic. The sweet tones of the juice dominates. Less flavour than in the Reo, but probably attributable to the air hole being too small for the lowish ohms.
Rr4Slku.jpg

St7tKOM.jpg

xbKoYu9.jpg

6PdFdi7.jpg

Nice one Matthee! Looks awesome!
I have 2 x 2mm air holes in my Nimbus, and I lung it. Can't mouth it.
At least it is a cool draw because of the big holes.

Nice one Matthee! Looks awesome!
I have 2 x 2mm air holes in my Nimbus, and I lung it. Can't mouth it.
At least it is a cool draw because of the big holes.
Thx, Tyler. With such air holes it must suck up juice al lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back