Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Igol 28g kanthal 8wraps fusion vapor poison apple 12mg
a5uhydyd.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Smoktech scar with plenty of wick. 9 strands per side. 1mm each.
Forgot my ohm meter at home, and scar does not work on my svd.
gudane3a.jpg

Ok, fixed the connector on scar by lifting it out a little. 0.7 ohm, with about 9mm wick per side.

3e6yra7u.jpg

Ready to rock and roll, now I can't decide on a juice...

I must say, I'm very tempted to put the last bit of mathee's oompa in this setup.
I'm not a huge fan of chocolate juice, but Hhv may have changed my opinion...

Intricate work that Crafty. Go for the Oompa, beware of the nic buzz!

Rebuild my rsst and trident today .. rsst at .8 ohms
buba7a2u.jpg

Trident dual coil 10 wrap 30ga
Didnt test ohms i dividualy bt together they at 0.7

Nakid pic
9adu4epa.jpg

Dressed in cotton
qa3uvaqy.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I rebuilt my igol with 28g 15 wrap around a 1.2mm bit not sure if it qualifies for nano. Here are some pics
ara6aza9.jpg
putynyhy.jpg
u8ahy7az.jpg

Does it not dry quick around the coil ull need thin cotton if u usong it and wont hold as much juice i wraped mine around a blunt needle on dads evod he didnt like it so ill play with it tomorrow

It does actually. I ripped it appart and buil this

I'm not sure if this has been done before and I can't seem to find it online anywhere, but I'm slightly smotten with myself and I wanted to share this with you guys. I've been trying to get silica sleeving everywhere but it seems to be sold out at every single location. So I tried ekowool strands instead and it didn't work well. Then I thought to myself, what if I did this:

It's a very thin layer, only wrapped around once to completely cover the cable.

I have the Kraken here on the Nemesis.

This thing wicks and hits like a champ. The juice I'm using is a delicate flavor aand it comes through on this build like I've never tasted it before. It took a while for that cotton taste to go away since I don't boil mine but after 5 minutes I was like WTF, this can't be working as well as it does.

Metered out somewhere between .7 and .9 the air hole is partially open, somewhere around 1.5mm. I'm mouthing it and it's putting out PLUMES and the flavor is amazing. Please try this on your gennies and let me know if I just got lucky.

Rebuild my rsst and trident today .. rsst at .8 ohms
buba7a2u.jpg

Trident dual coil 10 wrap 30ga
Didnt test ohms i dividualy bt together they at 0.7

Nakid pic
9adu4epa.jpg

Dressed in cotton
qa3uvaqy.jpg

Great coils. Love your descriptions "Nakid pic" and "Dressed in cotton".

I rebuilt my igol with 28g 15 wrap around a 1.2mm bit not sure if it qualifies for nano. Here are some pics
ara6aza9.jpg
putynyhy.jpg
u8ahy7az.jpg

Wow, neat coil for 15 wraps. What resistance did that come out to? Below is a decoder to know whether it is "mini", "micro" or "nano".
eR0oau2.jpg

I'm not sure if this has been done before and I can't seem to find it online anywhere, but I'm slightly smotten with myself and I wanted to share this with you guys. I've been trying to get silica sleeving everywhere but it seems to be sold out at every single location. So I tried ekowool strands instead and it didn't work well. Then I thought to myself, what if I did this:

This thing wicks and hits like a champ. The juice I'm using is a delicate flavor aand it comes through on this build like I've never tasted it before. It took a while for that cotton taste to go away since I don't boil mine but after 5 minutes I was like WTF, this can't be working as well as it does.

Metered out somewhere between .7 and .9 the air hole is partially open, somewhere around 1.5mm. I'm mouthing it and it's putting out PLUMES and the flavor is amazing. Please try this on your gennies and let me know if I just got lucky.
Ah, light flashes on....you use the SS cable as a wick in stead of mesh? Is it better? Suppose you still have to oxidise it? Can you use it without a sleeve? What diameter is that cable? Can one shape it for one's rba, like the Igo-L above? Sorry for all the questions, but this is new to me and I am sure a lot of other peeps on this forum. Thanks for showing us. I have seen your method used on mesh, but this is the first time I've seen SS cable.

So you basicly made a ss rope cotton bud.. good for wicking and cleaning ears lol .. nice going .. i think i will give it a try later .. as im geting hot spots if i dnt tilt my rsst

Ah, light flashes on....you use the SS cable as a wick in stead of mesh? Is it better? Suppose you still have to oxidise it? Can you use it without a sleeve? What diameter is that cable? Can one shape it for one's rba, like the Igo-L above? Sorry for all the questions, but this is new to me and I am sure a lot of other peeps on this forum. Thanks for showing us. I have seen your method used on mesh, but this is the first time I've seen SS cable.

Yeah the cable is "Gods Gift" to Genisis users man.
It wicks like you wouldn't believe. Just sucks the juice right up.

I hated mesh and this works without having to tilt your mod for juice to flow. Another perk is your juice doesn't stain in your tank like it does with oxidized mesh. No need to oxide it either, but you burn it to make sure it's clean and wire can not be wrapped around it directly. I use to put a small piece of mesh around the top just like I did the cotton. Mesh mutes flavor for me. Silica sleeving would be ideal. It's the big thing in the USA at the moment, but I can't find any. If any of you guys use Genisis atties, order some cable rope and thank me later. It's really that good. You'll junk your mesh forever.

The exact cable I used is here:

http://lightning-vapes.myshopify.co...-2mm-2-5mm-3mm-5-pack-7x19-316-non-galvanized

I did bad ass dual micro coil tonight on my Aqua. I was surprised when I fired this thing up.
It's waaaaaaaay to hot. Even for freaks like me who like it waaaaaaay too hot. This thing literally spits and blows vapor like a dragon out of hell. Did a video but this connection is too slow to bother uploading it. I'll post it later, I really want you to see this :)

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info, RevnLucky, much appreciated. Looking forward to your video.

Yeah the cable is "Gods Gift" to Genisis users man.
It wicks like you wouldn't believe. Just sucks the juice right up.

I hated mesh and this works without having to tilt your mod for juice to flow. Another perk is your juice doesn't stain in your tank like it does with oxidized mesh. No need to oxide it either, but you burn it to make sure it's clean and wire can not be wrapped around it directly. I use to put a small piece of mesh around the top just like I did the cotton. Mesh mutes flavor for me. Silica sleeving would be ideal. It's the big thing in the USA at the moment, but I can't find any. If any of you guys use Genisis atties, order some cable rope and thank me later. It's really that good. You'll junk your mesh forever.

The exact cable I used is here:

http://lightning-vapes.myshopify.co...-2mm-2-5mm-3mm-5-pack-7x19-316-non-galvanized

I did bad ass dual micro coil tonight on my Aqua. I was surprised when I fired this thing up.
It's waaaaaaaay to hot. Even for freaks like me who like it waaaaaaay too hot. This thing literally spits and blows vapor like a dragon out of hell. Did a video but this connection is too slow to bother uploading it. I'll post it later, I really want you to see this :)

This sounds great! There is a company in Paarden Eiland, Cape Town - Nautical Steel. They sell the same cable you are talking about. Prices are really cheap. 2.5mm is R9.63 per meter. What is the proper size though? 2.5,3 or 3.5mm? Googled this place after Tw!st3dVaP0r told me about it.

This sounds great! There is a company in Paarden Eiland, Cape Town - Nautical Steel. They sell the same cable you are talking about. Prices are really cheap. 2.5mm is R9.63 per meter. What is the proper size though? 2.5,3 or 3.5mm? Googled this place after Tw!st3dVaP0r told me about it.
Depends on the diameter of your wick hole. For the RSST seems 3mm is about right. Do pick up that the SS rope wick tends to overcook juice if chain vaped. But will research more.

So I got my first RSST yesterday and made my first SS mesh wick, pretty pleased with how it came out on the first try, sure it'll improve as I get more practice :)

ynu7ejyn.jpg

ezudy4u6.jpg

Impressive for a 1st build well done jb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back