Calling all DIY'ers

The TFA Pineapple is badass! It's actually started cracking the thread for the bottle lid, so every time I open my concentrates box, it stinks to high heaven of pineapple and wet dog.... apparently pineapple concentrate smells like wet dog when it starts going funky!

I've wiped down the bottles and my concentrate box many times with a vinegar/handy andy mix to get rid of the smell, but that pineapple is just too strong! :/
I feel your pain, my whole box smells of bacon! Try tossing a few tea bags in there, it helped quite a bit getting the bacon smell out for me, should work ok with the pineapple, just don't expect results overnight.

You couldnalso cut a raw onion in half and leave it in the box overnight. Works to funky smells out of fridges

You couldnalso cut a raw onion in half and leave it in the box overnight. Works to funky smells out of fridges
Lol, I'll try that as a last resort... I'm scared I might be replacing one bad smell with another in that scenario, but I will keep it in mind if I get desperate! ;)

I know an onion cut in half in the fridge works a treat for bad odours, but the fridge keeps the onion cold so it doesn't rot, and I have no space in my fridge for my flavour box, so I guess I'll have to look around for another solution, or empty out my fridge so I can fit my flavour box in there.

This worked out a real treat!

Its creamy, smooth goodness:

All TFA

Hazelnut Praline 2%
Marshmallow 5%
Bavarian Cream 3%
Graham Cracker 4%
Ripe Banana 1%

Mellow, smooth.... yum

Lol, I'll try that as a last resort... I'm scared I might be replacing one bad smell with another in that scenario, but I will keep it in mind if I get desperate! ;)

I know an onion cut in half in the fridge works a treat for bad odours, but the fridge keeps the onion cold so it doesn't rot, and I have no space in my fridge for my flavour box, so I guess I'll have to look around for another solution, or empty out my fridge so I can fit my flavour box in there.
Try lemon juice - we use it to get the smell off our hands sometimes - when we are mixing a variety of testers you sometimes end up with a multitude of flavours on your hands, all that just stick - and we found that rinsing your hands with lemon juice kills the smell rather well - so worth a try for your box

All TFA

Hazelnut Praline 2%
Marshmallow 5%
Bavarian Cream 3%
Graham Cracker 4%
Ripe Banana 1%

Mellow, smooth.... yum
This sounds like a winner - percentages for a complex mix also looks good, so I think this one will be kickass :)

All TFA

Hazelnut Praline 2%
Marshmallow 5%
Bavarian Cream 3%
Graham Cracker 4%
Ripe Banana 1%

Mellow, smooth.... yum
Sounds yummy!

No banana ripe on hand. Wonder if I could sub that for banana cream?

Sounds yummy!

No banana ripe on hand. Wonder if I could sub that for banana cream?

@Yiannaki you should be able to, just up the % a little bit, maybe 1.5% because the Ripe Banana is a lot stronger than the Banana Cream IMO.

oh and The Spearmint will clean all the printing ink off my Silver labels if you ever want a blank label....learnt that the hard way :)

oh and The Spearmint will clean all the printing ink off my Silver labels if you ever want a blank label....learnt that the hard way :)
Tune in next week, when we will tell you how to take bubblegum out of hair! You wont believe it!

:giggle:

quick question i see this scale is 1 decimal place is that ok or does it need to be 2 decimal places?

Hi @kbgvirus - please upload a cool avatar pic
Makes your posts more recognisable

@kbgvirus I only mix by weight. If you're working to 1 decimal place, i.e 0.1 out of 30, you're still pretty damn accurate. I prefer to use the 2 decimal one of course but the difference is negligible IMO. I have actually chatted to Mel and Derick about stocking these, it makes life SO much easier and I can whip up batches in literally seconds.

@kbgvirus I only mix by weight. If you're working to 1 decimal place, i.e 0.1 out of 30, you're still pretty damn accurate. I prefer to use the 2 decimal one of course but the difference is negligible IMO. I have actually chatted to Mel and Derick about stocking these, it makes life SO much easier and I can whip up batches in literally seconds.
right now i have a 200 gram 2 decimal scale and it seems too small, do you have a link to a bigger scale with 2 decimal places, and what maximum weight do you use

The bigger the batches, the less accurate you need to be.

For 10ml batches, I'll use a 2 decimal scale, that'd be extremely accurate, think that you're working as a factor of 1000 (0.01g of 10g) or 0.1%. For anything 100ml and up, you'd have that same extreme accuracy even using a 0.1g scale.

In fact. You can even measure your concentrates on the little scale and then throw it onto a big scale to add your VG/PG and nic. That way you'd keep things very accurate and repeatable.

The bigger the batches, the less accurate you need to be.

For 10ml batches, I'll use a 2 decimal scale, that'd be extremely accurate, think that you're working as a factor of 1000 (0.01g of 10g) or 0.1%. For anything 100ml and up, you'd have that same extreme accuracy even using a 0.1g scale.

In fact. You can even measure your concentrates on the little scale and then throw it onto a big scale to add your VG/PG and nic. That way you'd keep things very accurate and repeatable.
sounds about right, now to try find a 500 gram scale with 2 decimal places

Back