Calling all DIY'ers

I get that with vanilla flavor. Three hits, and bang, just this bland tasteless clouds.

I must say I mixed up a cinnamon vanilla and the first few hits are so delicious then after a few more the vanilla fades further and further till I am left with a straight cinnamon shot! So now I end up just dripping a few times every other week when I need a flavour break and when the vanilla disapears I throw it back into the cupboard.

Do you mix of the batt or mix a bit taste it and then mix the big batch or wat do do with large mixes

I mix 15ml of every new single flavour (at 8%) to get a feel for it. I then drip some immediately to taste it "raw". It then goes into steeping and gets tested again each week until the flavour becomes consistent (no longer changes between steeping). This gives me some very important pieces of information: first, what a flavour tastes like by itself, second, how strong the flavour is relative to others, and third, how long the flavour takes to settle when steeping.

Some flavours are not nice to vape, but the exercise gives you very important info, even if you would never use it on it's own.

Next step is to combine flavours that I think would go well together - I do sometimes combine stuff that I think would be weird together, just to see ;) For this I take into consideration how strong the flavours are, relatively speaking, and use an appropriate ratio for the combination - usually keeping the total flavour at around 10-12% (so 6% + 6% or 5% + 7% or 4% + 8%, and so on).

Larger batches are reserved for those mixes that I enjoy vaping so much that I want more :D

This is just the way I do it and by no means a "definitive" guide...play around and do it the way that feels natural to you :)

Hey guys, i wonder if anyone knows where i can buy a scale that measures in 0,01 grams increments

Last edited:
Hey guys, i wonder if anyone knows where i can buy a scale that measures in 0,01 grams increments
Also check out the RC Heli scene, they use it to weigh rotor blades (they have to be exact same weight for balance) - so some of the bigger Hobby shops should stock stuff like these

Agree with @Derick, got mine from a local RC shop to align cartridges on vinyl playing turntable.

via Tapatalk

Thanks guys had a friend that had an unused one, so gonna pick it up from him. Any tips on making juice by mass?

What makes a Juice Cloudy? I think it might be the lemon and lime in my recipe that is causing this, first time i've used lemon and lime.

www.vapeking.co.za
I have read on other forums that you can add a few drop of lemon juice as well to make some flavors pop and increase throat hit. Vinegar seems to smooth it out a bit and make some flavors pop.
What makes a Juice Cloudy? I think it might be the lemon and lime in my recipe that is causing this, first time i've used lemon and lime.
Mine turned cloudy aswel

Thanks guys had a friend that had an unused one, so gonna pick it up from him. Any tips on making juice by mass?
Should be the same as working with ml - you would use the same percentages etc. just replace ml with mg :)

Just take into account the weight of your bottle though :)

Please don't take this wrong, but I have to ask, why do you want to make juice by mass? Is there another reason behind it besides working in grams instead of milliliters?

Please don't take this wrong, but I have to ask, why do you want to make juice by mass? Is there another reason behind it besides working in grams instead of milliliters?
From what i have read, it is a lot quicker, as you mix the concentrates straight into the bottle, aswell it is easier for making bigger batches of juice

I've just made a mix with:

Banana Ripe 2%
Coconut 3%
Pineapple 5%

Turned out milky, never had a milky/cloudy mix before. Just a heads up, the Ripe Banana ate the rubber grommet in my syringe and dissolved the printed markings on the out side.

Nice mix by the way ;)

I've just made a mix with:

Banana Ripe 2%
Coconut 3%
Pineapple 5%

Turned out milky, never had a milky/cloudy mix before. Just a heads up, the Ripe Banana ate the rubber grommet in my syringe and dissolved the printed markings on the out side.

Nice mix by the way ;)
This needs some Koolada, what percentage do you guys reckon I should add to give it some crispness, don't want it cold.

Try 1 to 2 drops per 10ml. From about 4 drops per 10ml you start getting the cold.
Also try tiny amounts of the mint flavours - about 0.5% to 1%. It is small enough not to taste the mint and adds some dimension to the flavours.

Pineapple also fries the rubber in the syringe and takes off printing.

Try 1 to 2 drops per 10ml. From about 4 drops per 10ml you start getting the cold.
Also try tiny amounts of the mint flavours - about 0.5% to 1%. It is small enough not to taste the mint and adds some dimension to the flavours.
Thanks, will give it a shot :)

Pineapple also fries the rubber in the syringe and takes off printing.
Hmmm, I wonder if it wasn't the pineapple that was the culprit, I thought it was the Banana as I used that last, the Pineapple went in first.

The pineapple killed my Taifun GT - cracked it to bits :(

The TFA Pineapple is badass! It's actually started cracking the thread for the bottle lid, so every time I open my concentrates box, it stinks to high heaven of pineapple and wet dog.... apparently pineapple concentrate smells like wet dog when it starts going funky!

I've wiped down the bottles and my concentrate box many times with a vinegar/handy andy mix to get rid of the smell, but that pineapple is just too strong! :/

Back