Calling all DIY'ers

Can't speak for the smell (never smell my own vapor) but the taste is authentic..... and, the I overheard the neighbors (pensioners) about the "laaitie" next door and his mountain cabbage :D :D :D

Got this flavor specifically for work. Two of my colleagues keep complaining that my vape "stinks" or smells "funny". Guess what? Now it DOES smell funny :D
I'm going to try this mix. Is it plesant to vape?

It's pretty smooth, a little sweet,but very very little. Just enough to compliment the faint undertone of pineapple. The majority of the taste is still the "cabbage". The aftertaste is the same too. Except I don't have the giggles or munchies, and I don't look an unmedicated Parkinson's patient that keeps looking over his left shoulder :D

@free3dom are you our resident lemon lime guy? I've been struggling with it. I keep getting a slight burnt / bitter taste to it - there's something offputting for me even at around 2% in complex mixes. Have you noticed this at all?

I'm going to try this mix. Is it plesant to vape?

@free3dom are you our resident lemon lime guy? I've been struggling with it. I keep getting a slight burnt / bitter taste to it - there's something offputting for me even at around 2% in complex mixes. Have you noticed this at all?

Just mixed up a batch of raspberry lime ice. Scratches my throat like mad, hoping a steep will sort it out. My lime and kiwimix didn't do this. But I used very little flavoring in the lime/kiwi. Upped it in the raspberry lime

upload_2015-5-27_20-50-44.png

Yep...I've been having some ups and downs with lemon lime - it's a fairly harsh flavour. So far the best compliment I've found for it was Citrus Punch - it seems to even it out a bit. But I'm still experimenting with it. I'm sure some fruits might work well too - I'm thinking Dragon Fruit or Jackfruit perhaps.

I also read somewhere that people use this at very low percentages (0.5% to 1.5%) because of the acidity.

But Lemon Lime is very much still a work in progress for me :)

Yep...I've been having some ups and downs with lemon lime - it's a fairly harsh flavour. So far the best compliment I've found for it was Citrus Punch - it seems to even it out a bit. But I'm still experimenting with it. I'm sure some fruits might work well too - I'm thinking Dragon Fruit or Jackfruit perhaps.

I also read somewhere that people use this at very low percentages (0.5% to 1.5%) because of the acidity.

But Lemon Lime is very much still a work in progress for me :)
For what it is worth, I once combined Lime, Mandarin and Menthol for a nice vape.

For what it is worth, I once combined Lime, Mandarin and Menthol for a nice vape.

Thanks @Andre

That's an interesting thought...I think it's definitely worth exploring menthol as a way of smoothing out the Lemon Lime (or at least not noticing it as much due to the cooling inhale) - now that I think about it, it's similar to what @Silver uses for his Lime Ice ;)

Same for me I've stopped using it. I get a definite "off" taste in all the mixes I've used it in. It's almost like dry hit/ new wick kind of taste. It might just need a longer steep though.

Same for me I've stopped using it. I get a definite "off" taste in all the mixes I've used it in. It's almost like dry hit/ new wick kind of taste. It might just need a longer steep though.

I thought so too, but I have some plain Lemon Lime (at 8%, so maybe a bit high) that will be 1 month steeped on Saturday and it's still like that :(

I love the taste, but it is just too harsh - must find a solution ;)

Ok glad it's not just me. Been dying for something really tight and tangy

Thanks @Andre

That's an interesting thought...I think it's definitely worth exploring menthol as a way of smoothing out the Lemon Lime (or at least not noticing it as much due to the cooling inhale) - now that I think about it, it's similar to what @Silver uses for his Lime Ice ;)

Am still loving my Lime Ice. Still vaping it today - in two devices. One in the RM2 at 18mg and one in the Nuppin at about 12mg. No off taste at all. I have the SkyBlue lemon lime but I havent tried it yet.

Am still loving my Lime Ice. Still vaping it today - in two devices. One in the RM2 at 18mg and one in the Nuppin at about 12mg. No off taste at all. I have the SkyBlue lemon lime but I havent tried it yet.

That's the one we are on about...it's TFA Lemon Lime and it's a bit harsh - you have been warned ;)

I use Vapour Mountain's Lime and Mandarin. Their Lime is very authentic for me.

Thanks @Andre ...I will definitely give that a go.

I suppose it's the Lemon side that's causing the harshness then - it's a pity because it tastes fantastic when it's not scraping your throat out :)

And the concentrate smells good enough to drink

Made this yesterday and tried it now. Not scratchy at all. Was last night, but really nice and smooth now.

upload_2015-5-28_19-55-32.png

I have a question. I have about 200ml of mixed e liquid. All the left-overs thrown together. Tasted okay, but since yesterday it has started tasting very bland. Like a guava that is watery almost.... Some of my mixes from yesterday also taste that way to me. Used 10 drops of EM and SMOOTH in every batch of 30ml. Is that too much? I did roast my tongue over the weekend using a small bore drip tip on a 0.3ohm build... Not a good idea. It concentrates all the flow on one spot and by the time I realized what was up it was too late. My tongue has recovered and some juices taste fine, but most taste like the watery guava. Could it be too much of an additive or some vaper's fatigue? Also used 10 drop Koolada per 30ml. The ripe strawberry tastes the worst.

I have a question. I have about 200ml of mixed e liquid. All the left-overs thrown together. Tasted okay, but since yesterday it has started tasting very bland. Like a guava that is watery almost.... Some of my mixes from yesterday also taste that way to me. Used 10 drops of EM and SMOOTH in every batch of 30ml. Is that too much? I did roast my tongue over the weekend using a small bore drip tip on a 0.3ohm build... Not a good idea. It concentrates all the flow on one spot and by the time I realized what was up it was too late. My tongue has recovered and some juices taste fine, but most taste like the watery guava. Could it be too much of an additive or some vaper's fatigue? Also used 10 drop Koolada per 30ml. The ripe strawberry tastes the worst.
Sounds like you have managed to seriously overwhelm your olfactory sense. Switch to plain unflavoured juice for a few days and drink a lot of water.

Back